Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217776 times)

MrDim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.1) :: 26 april patch
« Reply #420 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:48 pm »

I tried to play this mod, but one form of mutant or another would come in and totally rape my whole population. Gutsy or no.

Never could find crates...

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2012, 08:33:53 pm »

I tried to play this mod, but one form of mutant or another would come in and totally rape my whole population. Gutsy or no. Never could find crates...
Try getting to 20 riflemen. ie. 20 rifles, 20 quivers, 20 x N x 50 metal ammo. Order them to shoot wildlife to train. (shooting at archery target uses same amount of bullets.)
b-w-Y build scrapyard and scavenge 100 scrap logs. b-w-I inventor's bench to open crates, then research gunsmith blueprints.

And before get the riflemen... a row of weapon traps to slice the supermutants. They are pretty strong and tough-fleshed. They are not puny goblins!
(my first supermutant siege totally kilded everyone; no traps)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

MrDim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2012, 08:41:07 pm »

I tried to play this mod, but one form of mutant or another would come in and totally rape my whole population. Gutsy or no. Never could find crates...
Try getting to 20 riflemen. ie. 20 rifles, 20 quivers, 20 x N x 50 metal ammo. Order them to shoot wildlife to train. (shooting at archery target uses same amount of bullets.)
b-w-Y build scrapyard and scavenge 100 scrap logs. b-w-I inventor's bench to open crates, then research gunsmith blueprints.

And before get the riflemen... a row of weapon traps to slice the supermutants. They are pretty strong and tough-fleshed. They are not puny goblins!

What do you do when its Deathclaws?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2012, 08:51:18 pm »

I don't know I tend to have a hard time getting any blue prints from the new crates. Though I haven't got the new updated patch so maybe they been slightly modified to pop out more often.

bluepints don't come from crates, they come from holotapes.  run a holotape through the inventors bench to make different blueprints.
I don't even get holotapes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2012, 09:33:38 pm »

hide...

seriously...if you have the bad luck of getting swarmed with uber-jerks...build a wall or dig a hole and burrow everyone but those that have to go out in there.  anyone that goes out...should have a war gutsy or at least several dogs assigned...I've had a few forts where hunting at the start was right out...except for sitting on the fence and taking potshots at stuff that didn't have ranged attacks.

sometimes though...you luck out and the only animals that show up are wild dogs and molerats...

MrDim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2012, 10:26:32 pm »

hide...

seriously...if you have the bad luck of getting swarmed with uber-jerks...build a wall or dig a hole and burrow everyone but those that have to go out in there.  anyone that goes out...should have a war gutsy or at least several dogs assigned...I've had a few forts where hunting at the start was right out...except for sitting on the fence and taking potshots at stuff that didn't have ranged attacks.

sometimes though...you luck out and the only animals that show up are wild dogs and molerats...

I wish, all I get is Deathclaws, those Nightsomethings, this one time I got like a pack of Yaoi-Gui which just destroyed my population, and my War Gutsy. And I never get crates, no matter how much scrap I have.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2012, 11:00:23 pm »

man...talk about bad luck...
you are running the scrap "logs" through the scrapyard right?

...actually...I just looked at the new version...the scavenge rates are super low now (4% chance of getting a crate, 1% for almost everything else)...I just had 5 scrap in a row turn to nothing at all...after 10 I got a single crate and 3 pieces of metal...
so if you are unlucky enough to get hounded by deathclaws, nightstalkers, and yao-guai...you are probably unlucky enough to roll straight 0's on the scavenge reaction...
could probably go into your reaction_wasteland_scrapyard and the number after each "[PRODUCT:" bump up by 10 or so... ...or have two woodchoppers and two guys only set with trapping to constantly try and get stuff.

I still don't know why your gutsy's are getting their robo-asses handed to them though...don't see anything weird in the raws...except...  Deon!  might want to remove    [NOTHOUGHT] from the robots, it's making them not die from CPU-shots! ...and that was probably my bad...bet I left that in there when I sent them off to him..

you got maybe a combat log you can slap up here...maybe see if it's more bad luck or something weird going on?

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2012, 11:04:00 pm »

I can't get my mechanic to salvage any scrap! I have "scrap logs" in a stockpile right next to the scrapyard, and a "salvage scrap" task assigned, but he won't do anything. He doesn't seem hungry or thirsty and he does not have any other jobs.

...It is a mechanics job isn't it?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2012, 11:15:57 pm »

I can't get my mechanic to salvage any scrap! I have "scrap logs" in a stockpile right next to the scrapyard, and a "salvage scrap" task assigned, but he won't do anything. He doesn't seem hungry or thirsty and he does not have any other jobs.

...It is a mechanics job isn't it?

nope...trapper...weird, I know, but that's what Deon chose

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 28, 2012, 12:19:06 am »

Trapper was changed, I believe, to "Scavenging" in whole or in part.  So it makes sense from that angle of looking at things.

Can't add new skills, but you can change what they represent to the mod.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 28, 2012, 05:43:29 am »

I will fix the robots, Jedia.

That low chance for crates was Tomi's suggestion, and I went along with it. I think now that so many people complained about that (and I am playing with 10% drop rate myself instead of 4%) I will raise it for the next release. Thank you for the feedback.

About deathclaw swarms etc: do not settle savage areas unless you want to have extreme challenge. Benign/normal areas are much safer.

And yes, I went with a trapper for all scavenging reactions because that skill seemed more or less thematically correct, and also almost never used in the vanilla.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:45:01 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MrDim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2012, 07:21:08 am »

About deathclaw swarms etc: do not settle savage areas unless you want to have extreme challenge. Benign/normal areas are much safer.

That's where I settle, I still get swarmed by doom.

MrDim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:44 am »

man...talk about bad luck...
you are running the scrap "logs" through the scrapyard right?

...actually...I just looked at the new version...the scavenge rates are super low now (4% chance of getting a crate, 1% for almost everything else)...I just had 5 scrap in a row turn to nothing at all...after 10 I got a single crate and 3 pieces of metal...
so if you are unlucky enough to get hounded by deathclaws, nightstalkers, and yao-guai...you are probably unlucky enough to roll straight 0's on the scavenge reaction...
could probably go into your reaction_wasteland_scrapyard and the number after each "[PRODUCT:" bump up by 10 or so... ...or have two woodchoppers and two guys only set with trapping to constantly try and get stuff.

I still don't know why your gutsy's are getting their robo-asses handed to them though...don't see anything weird in the raws...except...  Deon!  might want to remove    [NOTHOUGHT] from the robots, it's making them not die from CPU-shots! ...and that was probably my bad...bet I left that in there when I sent them off to him..

you got maybe a combat log you can slap up here...maybe see if it's more bad luck or something weird going on?

I had huuuge amounts of scrap logs. And 4%? Ouch.

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #433 on: April 28, 2012, 07:37:40 am »

Judging from the last page I think I'll wait for next version before playing :)
Oh, hai.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 28, 2012, 10:13:04 am »

Oh, I'm playing with mr. farmy's added in with the insect spray...it's great.
Cazador flew up, got spritzed, deaded...vault dweller caught in the mist...started barfing everywhere.  Then he ran to a pond and washed it off. ...had to change the target range to 3 though...that fixed the constant spraying.

Idea!  to be a complete jerk...we need some kind of mutant animal with an electric eel like ability...where they can unleash a huge current spike that paralyzes organics...and makes robots explode!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 62