Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217770 times)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.0a) :: hotfix
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »

huh...must have missed it...oh well, I'll get on scratching out some raws for this stuff now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.1) :: 26 april patch
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

I am really busy now (two exams, a test, a review and a new job), but here's a patch. I hate to keep you using a version with bugs:

- Fixed arc furnace reactions.
- Fixed a few typos.
- Research now produces 3 blueprints when completed (instead of 1).
- Power armor now asks for power armor blueprints. They are not consumed, but you need to research them before crafting PA.
- You can now make a war crossbow at tinker's workbench (crossbow + bayonet).
- Gojira finally has an icon.

- I think engravings now start obscured by default. I am not sure about it, but it's a big issue with the Ironhand if you don't hide them.

P.S. TomiTapio, thank you very much for your suggestions and bug-testing. You helped me A LOT.

New idea! Make body armor out of junk (scrap metal, pots & pans & bowls & chains) without needing charcoal! Ropes and leather straps hold it together. Worse than combat armor, of course, but can make 20 of them when have no charcoal! (imagine your kitchen's frying pan protecting you from knives/machetes.)
I like this idea, but I don't want to hurry with it. Once I figure out what I want about that, I will add it (most likely).

For now you can reinforce leather, and reinforced leather armor is quite nice, at least against animals.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:21:22 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 26, 2012, 01:24:47 pm »

Gojira!!!!!! We mus free da shitee!  :o

So you have Salient Green here?  What about the other... ahem... things... from Old World Blues?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 26, 2012, 02:52:14 pm »

Deon's already got Nightstalkers & Cazadors...and I think Cyberdogs...haven't checked...I'm roughing out Sailent Green to send to him right now...no lobotomites or Think-tanks yet, but they are easily made out of existing bits (lobotomite = human - brain + cpu basically...and think-tank is just an eyebot with a brain and a couple of armatures with screens on the end)  I even played a bit with a workshop where you could convert a dorf citizen into one or the other...but nothing ever became of it. 

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #409 on: April 26, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »

You're welcome, Deon. I'm tuning for my own playing and spotting the issues as I go [:~)

I think Soylent Green (made of dead people) is no go, rather maybe... Soylent Yellow or Soylent Cyan from other materials.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Merging 1.1's changes... research_biofuel outputs only one blueprint. I see that now the arc smelter reactions DON'T use fuel, good.
Hehe, noticed a rare "Unit has misaligned bp modifiers.  Adjusting." in my errorlog, must be a vanilla thing from a megabeast or titan. Or maybe the two-headed cows.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:51:29 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 26, 2012, 05:43:24 pm »

Yeah, I also thought about allowing just 1 arc furnace blueprint/research. They are just too good. Of course I forgot to reduce the arc furnace blueprint output from 3 to 1 again :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 26, 2012, 07:09:40 pm »

so, I would really like to use this mod. the only problem is, its a pain in the ass to install it on my mac (with graphics). I did it once a long time ago, but for the life of me I cant remember what exactly to move and not to and etc.

could any bros with macs (or any knowledge of macs) help me out?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 26, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »

You're welcome, Deon. I'm tuning for my own playing and spotting the issues as I go [:~)

I think Soylent Green (made of dead people) is no go

Not Soylent!  Sailent!  It's made from plants!  PLANTS! ...and maybe a *little bit* people...but they are plant people so it's ok.
(Sailent green is from New Vegas...parody of Soylent)

anyway...this is what I have so far...

Mr. Farmy doesn't have a sprayer yet, and the "Sailent Green to random plants" is in no way balanced...also need to make Battle Brew with its strength/rage boost
...and also need to test and see if it works.  I half-assed this at work with just DFWiki and no actual DF.

EDIT:  Huh...everything works right up to converting it to plants...they just won't take it from buckets...and won't dump it in barrels.  I've had to have screwed up something simple...
EDIT 2: ok, I have no idea what I am doing...embarking with a barrel full of Sailent (a barrel containing 75 units of sailent gave 15000 broc flowers...that...is really way too much)...and they'll process that.  Just not from buckets, and they won't dump it in a barrel if it is in one. 
EDIT 3: well bollocks...they aren't dumping milk into barrels either...at least that means this can't be entirely my mess.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:20:23 pm by JediaKyrol »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 26, 2012, 08:05:11 pm »

Balance for Salient isn't so important, since originally in Old World Blues, having access to it and playing Hardcore mode were basically unbalanced in the first place.  So if anything it's almost a faithful port if it's a bit too powerful.  Maybe make it a bit harder to get like some of the balancing mods for New Vegas had.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 26, 2012, 09:21:10 pm »

It's not new vegas, it's DF :).

I will make you to require chemical lab to process that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 26, 2012, 10:06:12 pm »

Fixed it!  had to jank around with collecting raw sailent green from the Farmy's first though, then brewing it into refined sailent green!

Here we go:
Mr. Farmy...now with pesticide spray action! (seriously, they spray it constantly...need to add [CREATURE_CLASS:INSECT] to bug creatures and vermin for it to kill them...just have to remember to keep your farmy's away from your beehives)

Sailent green to plants...moved to chem-lab...inventor shop was for testing...

EDIT: forgot...need to add -
     [BODYGLOSS:SPRAYER:blowtorch:sprayer:blowtorches:sprayers]
     [BODYGLOSS:NOZZLE:flame:nozzle:flames:nozzles]
to the body_wateland file...

This way...they can eat sailent green raw...but it's best to process it in the lab

oh...converting raw sailent paste into sailent green is using the mead job in the brewery...again...testing...could probably move that to chem lab too...but meh...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:12:43 am by JediaKyrol »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:38 am »

Yeah, I also thought about allowing just 1 arc furnace blueprint/research. They are just too good.
That's why they require the quite rare plutonium rod to make.  Chance of rod from 1 scrap is in my worlds... 0.04 * 0.07 = 0.28% . So 100 scrap 28 % chance of rod. (4% chance to get tech crate, 7% rod from techcrate)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »

I don't know I tend to have a hard time getting any blue prints from the new crates. Though I haven't got the new updated patch so maybe they been slightly modified to pop out more often.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 27, 2012, 03:55:59 pm »

I don't know I tend to have a hard time getting any blue prints from the new crates. Though I haven't got the new updated patch so maybe they been slightly modified to pop out more often.

bluepints don't come from crates, they come from holotapes.  run a holotape through the inventors bench to make different blueprints.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

Subscribing
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 62