Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217775 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99c) - fixes.
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2012, 05:38:28 pm »

Hmm, true. Ehh, one powerful mantiod creature is good, realy. :P  Makes me wonder if other pokemon could be twisted into fitting forms for this mod.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2012, 05:41:55 pm »

2 of my Citizens were tasken by a mood and wanted "rough color" which should mean rough gems. i had raw green glas, which did not to count. they both went insane cause there are no rough gems but raw glass in this mod.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:00 pm »

Did you try searching for gems? I will increase the frequency of gems for the next release.

Right now the "gems" are junk, gems, nails, scrap glass, wiring and computer parts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2012, 07:13:27 pm »

Rough color means dye as far as I know.

EDIT:Ignore this, I looked it up in the wiki, Gems is absolutely correct, sorry.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #244 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:17 am »

By the way, I plan to make different kinds of leather/bone/muscle etc, and make "unified" leather. So you would get suede from small creatures, leather from normal, hide from big etc., like it was in genesis. Also I plan to make it "animal leather" instead of "dog leather", "iguana leather" et cetera. Is it fine for you?
Sounds fine to me.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2012, 01:56:10 pm »

I've just tried to play adventure mode, and the crafting system is quite lacking. Why didn't you people tell me about that? :) It's really situational: if you don't find the carving knife for example, you will lack crutches and vials, and I think you will want to have more stuff. I will add more reactions to be able to craft most stuff. Oh wait I think Rumrusher tried to tell me, but I did not understand.

Also I will add gas grenades.

I've also added nightkin as bogeymen for evil regions. So yeah.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99d) - tinkering, power cells, power armor.
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »

And here we go:

0.99d
- Gems/junk are more frequent, added different types of gems.
- Arc furnace can now make almost everything a smelter can.
- Vampires are replaced by replicants. Synthetic humans which replace real ones but require dozes of blood to keep their synthetic blood production.
- Skulking entity is replaced with raiders.
- Hairstyles for races.
- Ghouls are now immune to syndromes (can still get drunk).
- New building: generator (requires research and a fuel rod).
- New workshop: tinker's workbench.
- You can craft depleted cells in tinker's workbench from "wiring" (gem).
- You can charge depleted cells in the generator.
- You can un-cut gems/junk in tinker's workbench, it means you can order "gems" from caravans and uncut them for moods, making them "rough".
- You can assemble various new weapons in tinker's workbench: chainsaws, chainswords, assault rifles, powerfists.
- You can craft power armor (from iron and steel) using powercells in tinker's workbench.
- Power cells are added to the loot table (through scrap scavenging and opening crates).
- Gems/junk are added to the loot table (through scrap and rock scavenging).
- Opening crates does not require toolboxes now (many people were confused by it and it does not bring any gameplay value).
- Adventure mode crafting was a bit reworked.

Now you can make your ranged squads deadly in melee by making them assault rifles (stabbity stab).

Also the new power armor uses special alloys which makes power armor (made from iron) in fact to be "irene power armor", and power armor MK2 (made from steel) to be "plasteel advanced PA".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:49:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I forgot to add that I nerfed the "contaminated rain" even more, having the whole map unconscious is too much.
Also adventurers got some new crafting reactions.

Now onto working on the generalized types of leather.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

so what are the odds of a cybermancer have in living in a fort as a natural citizen? Because I wonder if the immune to undead rage will allow more experiments.
also in dfhack news fiddling around with cage traps in adventure mode lead to stuff like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

trapped a milker into a radfish then ate it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99d) - tinkering, power cells, power armor.
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2012, 06:44:49 pm »

- Gems/junk are added to the loot table (through scrap and rock scavenging).
- Opening crates does not require toolboxes now (many people were confused by it and it does not bring any gameplay value).
Great changes man. Is power armor more lightweight than platemail, or more protecting?

I would like junk scavenging to get you metal jugs, ladles, flasks, glass vials. Then later smelt the jugs and aluminum flasks.
Bayonets on rifles?
How about a toolbox made of metal required to make gun shop and other advanced workshops?

"irene power armor", and power armor MK2 (made from steel) to be "plasteel advanced PA".
Irene? That's an odd name. How about the basic one is "LT power armor" and the steel one "HG(high grade) power armor". If those metal names don't show up anywhere else.
Or, "wrought power armor" and "tactical power armor".

trapped a milker into a radfish then ate it.
Very silly to hack an edible item to have the IS_CAGE attribute...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:49:31 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Any plans to add the Brotherhood of Steel or the Enclave? Or another sort of high tech militarised faction?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I added the enclave back in 31.25, but that was a while ago

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Which reminds me... is it possible to mod the game so that you can make living creatures in-game?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Which reminds me... is it possible to mod the game so that you can make living creatures in-game?

It's pretty damn difficult, but it's at least somewhat possible at this point.

Lecksand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One odd thing I noticed while opening a medical crate and a military crate in the present, unedited version is that both times, an 'unknown toolbox' came out as a product of the crafting. Maybe a byproduct of not removing the toolboxes completely from the Inventor's Bench raws.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 62