Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217750 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.98b) - Some fixes and new workshops.
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2012, 04:33:09 pm »

it appears that securitron plasma when it is fired counts as a food item, and is thus causing insane amounts of job cancellation spam whenever it fires due to the food item being destroyed after it fires.
Nom nom nom

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2012, 05:10:27 pm »

I have a similar problem, my slade ammo from slade turrets gets collected and stored as... tallow/fat ? Then gets cleaned.

Hope you can find a fix for that, I must say I have no idea what is causing this, since I use INORGANIC:SLADE as materials, and no creature_mat.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2012, 05:12:24 pm »

2500 is not too much. Remember, the size is more like a weight, not a height, so it's like 2.5 tons to 70 kg.

The vanilla giants are 6000, and Roc is 20'000, yet you can solo them in adventure mode with good skills.
So, essentially my claptrap just owned a slightly larger than usual Deathclaw? Oh well, Still impressive for the little guy nonetheless. Deathclaws suck to encounter; unless, of course, you have a Deathclaw gauntlet which bypasses armor when attacking, and a dart gun to cripple them and slow them down.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:47 pm »

2500 is not too much. Remember, the size is more like a weight, not a height, so it's like 2.5 tons to 70 kg.

The vanilla giants are 6000, and Roc is 20'000, yet you can solo them in adventure mode with good skills.
So, essentially my claptrap just owned a slightly larger than usual Deathclaw? Oh well, Still impressive for the little guy nonetheless. Deathclaws suck to encounter; unless, of course, you have a Deathclaw gauntlet which bypasses armor when attacking, and a dart gun to cripple them and slow them down.

To be frank, for all the reasons you stated I have half my mind to add inteligent Deathclaws as a cavern civ. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »

each time i load this mod up, my terminal screen ends up saying "2012-04-11 10:07:10.395 dwarfort.exe[32697:903] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
New window size: 1440x900" any idea why this is happening
(googles...) This is a known vanilla DF issue, see bugreport at http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2624
Not fixable, "DF does not use QuickDraw.. It uses SDL, which uses quckdraw. There's nothing I can do, really, but a future SDL version might fix this. "

To be frank, for all the reasons you stated I have half my mind to add inteligent Deathclaws as a cavern civ. :P
Sounds fair, could be a nice change to ant men and lice men.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:43:07 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2012, 10:34:09 am »

My vault just lost a dweller...to alchohol...
He was apparently a lightweight...as soon as he would start drinking the dizzy syndrome kicked in and he would stop then wait untill the syndrome cleared and try to go back for a drink which would repeat the process.  He eventually died of thirst.

While this is funny...it seems the syndrome is kicking in before whatever controls thirst can be reset, which has forced me to only grow cola plants and radcurrants to prevent my band of morons from killing themselves before everything else can.  I wish there were "mill" and "press" options next to the "brew" and "cook" in the food stocks...Hey!  gonna pass that on to the vanilla DF suggestions!

EDIT: huh...it was already thought of...4 years ago...with no-one caring or thinking of it since.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:06:28 am by JediaKyrol »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2012, 11:15:13 am »

He was dizzy from something else then, because they become dizzy from alcohol ONLY AFTER they actually drink, otherwise the syndrome is not applied.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2012, 12:12:25 pm »

He was dizzy from something else then, because they become dizzy from alcohol ONLY AFTER they actually drink, otherwise the syndrome is not applied.

I can double check my save tonight, I had several others with blue down arrows running around and still plenty of drinks in stock.

Edit:  Well...I'm stymied, watched the others go and drink just fine, then waited around, more people got thirsty, got dizzy, thirst gone...  I have no idea what was wrong with that guy, but not happening to anyone else...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:20:27 pm by JediaKyrol »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2012, 04:43:01 pm »

I've added diseases, finally. And they spread like air.

Also. Xenomorphs' facehuggers now die on bite, and the person turns into an angry alien after a few days!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2012, 06:31:07 pm »

chestbursters...nice!

Have you given any thought to the Bio-Androids in place of vampires idea?  So we can do the whole "infiltrator hunt" thing?  though I don't know what you could do instead of drinking blood...

...maybe secret cannibals instead? 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2012, 06:42:31 pm »

I thought about replicants (blade runner style, which require blood to function) and brain parazite-infected men.

Secret cannibals sounds interesting too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 12, 2012, 07:13:30 pm »

I've added lab monkeys which spread the infection (brainrot) and rats now may spread black plague. Also, contaminated rains with some diseases. A lot of fun ahead for you.

Also I've balanced the infection a bit. Now the infected person continues to fight with others even if they are already infected. At first they turned around and attacked other people, and it was too much. I had a guy with no arms and no legs who has managed to bite my swordsman squad leader in the face, and the dude turned around and infected his whole squad. After that they proceeded to maim and infect my whole 74-pop fort. Now it shouldn't happen.

I didn't mention, but there are already a lot of castes. Check the description, the last line tells you which caste are them. There are bullies, geniuses etc. The people with "unusual blood type" are actually immune to most diseases, weather effects and curses. After the next update you may want to keep a special squad of immune people. L4D style :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.99) - Virology, infections and infected.
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2012, 05:13:29 am »

A new release. I've replaced werewolves with infected and added a bunch of new stuff:

- hacksaw and drill are nerfed.
- machete is better.
- new trap components (replace old): barbed wire, bear trap, enormous corkscrew, lawnmower blade, upright spike.
- diseases work and spread.
- new rain and cloud types, some of them bring diseases. Duck and cover!
- inebriation effects from alcohol are greatly reduced to make them more cosmetic and less "disease-like".
- new enemy: tribal cannibals. They will steal your childer and siege you pretty soon.
- supermutants siege a bit later now.
- supermutants' attacks/sieges are based on your production and trade, not population.
- cannibals' attacks/sieges are based on your population.
- changed high nobles for vault citizens.
- added positions to wastelanders and cannibals, tweaked other positions.
- gems are replaced by appropriate stuff (junk, scrap glass, wiring etc.).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:16:27 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2012, 05:46:32 am »

- new trap components (replace old): barbed wire, bear trap, enormous corkscrew, lawnmower blade, upright spike.
- gems are replaced by appropriate stuff (junk, scrap glass, wiring etc.).
Sounds good!
Can one find bear traps, lawnmower blades and wiring when scavenging scrap? They're metal junk.
Is gemcutter workshop useless now? Some gems still in the ground?

*rolls a new 30min to 90min fort*
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2012, 05:58:35 am »

The wiring, junk, gems etc can still be set into items, so it's not useless.

The trap components need to be crafted for now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62