Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217751 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.98b) - Some fixes and new workshops.
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »

I will definitely make a proper readme, probably in html format. I just need to establish the base of the mod, with most of the content I want to add present.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:04 pm »

Is there some kind of a table of contents? I mean, there was one in the Wasteland mod, showed races, their weapons, then reactions and their respective workshops et cetera et cetera... And I am having a hard time determining which plant is vanilla's plump helmet, for instance :(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2012, 03:51:04 pm »

The first post shows all reactions and some other stuff.

The plants... Cave fungi is an easy choice. You can explore everything else (while waiting for a full readme).

And it's easy to determine what is what, too :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lecksand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »

One thing I've noticed is that on the Mr. Gutsys, their 'plasma arcs' always melt off rapidly. Considering they function just fine without it, it doesn't seem to matter than much. It's just a bit odd.

EDIT: And just now, my guys started putting plasma energy into the food stockpile.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:03:12 pm by Lecksand »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »

Are you sure you have temperature turned on? That should boil away if it is stuck somewhere.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lecksand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2012, 07:44:17 pm »

Temperature was on. I do think they ARE boiling away, but at a very slow rate. I keep seeing them get put in the food stockpile, then looking back and them having vanished. Though, other guys also apparently clean them, so maybe the plasma isn't boiling at a delayed pace, but is getting cleaned in the stockpile instead?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2012, 09:48:22 pm »

Hi guys, I just uploaded a 0.34.xx version of the Finnish language file. It's at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6150
Sample:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2012, 10:05:26 pm »

Well, although I'm playing .92b, I've been going pretty well with my fort until...

A WILD FUN THING APPEARS!!!

Yep. My vault's screwed. I'll take it as a sign to update.

EDIT:
Saved and backed that save up. Let's see if my mostly untrained vault-dwellers can take this thing down. It has power, but we have overwhelming numbers (110; 10 of them children and babies). GET HIM!!!

EDIT EDIT:
Ho-ly CRAP!!! This thing is HUGE. It's so big, it's as big as a garden variety Deathclaw when you see it on the horizon. Your average Vault-Dweller is what, size 70? This thing is 35.714x bigger than your average Vault-Dweller. 110 of my guys against a size 2500?!?! I think I'm persuaded to find a new place; provided I can outrun this demonic skyscraper. Where's my dart gun when I need it? Crippling it would at least lend me a fighting chance to escape.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Sorta underwhelming, but I survived. Had a few eyebots, claptraps, and Mr.(robot)s in my base as makeshift security. They did not disappoint. They hurt the thing pretty bad (pretty cut up; arms and upper body, a bruised heart and kidney, and broken false ribs) with a few parts knocked away themselves (both hands and antenna of a claptrap and a named eyebot got destroyed). The battle was just in front of the mouth of the cave towards the front door of my vault, and lo and behold, my bots managed to trick the thing into a small wall of cage traps (damn thieves and snatchers) I happened to have lined up (Nice work Claptrap). Now I own a wounded demon building. Oh, do I wish we had dungeon masters, I want this to be my new guard dog.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:44:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2012, 02:45:44 am »

2500 is not too much. Remember, the size is more like a weight, not a height, so it's like 2.5 tons to 70 kg.

The vanilla giants are 6000, and Roc is 20'000, yet you can solo them in adventure mode with good skills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2012, 09:02:58 am »

One thing I've noticed is that on the Mr. Gutsys, their 'plasma arcs' always melt off rapidly. Considering they function just fine without it, it doesn't seem to matter than much. It's just a bit odd.

EDIT: And just now, my guys started putting plasma energy into the food stockpile.
oog, yeah...tested the Gutsy's...as soon as one appears in a fort it has "Its arc is damaged"...minute later it says "Its arc is melting"...then after a while it falls off in a puddle on the ground and says "Its arc is gone".  Which is weird, because the Handy's flame is still hanging on, and it's made of the same material with just a bodygloss.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2012, 09:07:55 am »

each time i load this mod up, my terminal screen ends up saying "2012-04-11 10:07:10.395 dwarfort.exe[32697:903] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
New window size: 1440x900" any idea why this is happening
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2012, 12:04:10 pm »

some Mac problem?  Only with this mod, or vanilla DF as well?  ASCII or graphics version?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2012, 12:37:50 pm »

If you are not running Windows, download the appropriate DF version, then my mod.

Unpack the vanilla DF and the mod in separate folders. Take and replace the following folders of Vanilla from the mod folder:

/data/art/
/data/init/
/data/speech/
/data/announcement/
/data/sound/
/raw/

Then you should run from the DF version folder, it's not my mod compatible with your system!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

nettobr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2012, 02:49:21 pm »

I started a fort in a desert without coal or any trees and was trying to use the biofuels for power,the idea was to use some oil but looks the only thing that can make oil is the cotton seeds.I cant find the maize seeds on the farmplots in any seasons and the hemp seeds dont appear as a millable seed.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2012, 03:20:07 pm »

I started a fort in a desert without coal or any trees and was trying to use the biofuels for power,the idea was to use some oil but looks the only thing that can make oil is the cotton seeds.I cant find the maize seeds on the farmplots in any seasons and the hemp seeds dont appear as a millable seed.

Deon has hemp oil as an extract from the plant not a seed press/mill mat.
And maize should be spring/summer, but there are so many plants you have to keep scrolling down the list until it goes to the next page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62