Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217689 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.91) - Speech and engravings
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2012, 09:03:24 am »

How many workshops do you intend to include, Deon? Arc Furnace, Gunsmith, stuff like that?

Also drug lab, computer terminal, autodoc, scrapyard, savenger's hut and a few others.

I also plan to make a "research" system which would allow you to make better stuff (power armor will require a lot of stuff, as well as some better weapons and alloys).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2012, 09:27:05 am »

More ideas:
Hand crossbow, crude crossbow (half str of DF xbow, vault dwellers not so skilled at Bowyer shop), heavy crossbow (from special workshop reaction, 1.3x DF crossbow.)
stick-n-sling that helps you launch javelins (short range, see FalloutNV javelins)
air pressure powered gun from Metro 2033. No gunpowder, just technology! one quarter the damage of rifle.
mechanized slingshot (crank pulley gears rubber), shoots darts. hmm that's just another crossbow. The halflings' "leather strap and rock" basic sling then.
crossbow-like that shoots "throwing stars"
trap component "lawnmower blade".
three sizes of knives/daggers.
rock maul, crude BUT should hurt the robots! Their electronics bouncing off their sockets.

Edit: new robot "scout rover", six wheels, dog-sized, useless at fighting, 900 default speed, frequency 6.
megabeast "armored AI helicopter", massive armor plating, area-attack material emissions. Shouts "ex-ter-mi-nate" perhaps.
roving salesman robot, has inbuilt vacuum cleaner parts. Dust cloud attack. And blunt swing attack, and kitchen knife stab attack.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:44:49 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2012, 10:21:36 am »

Those robot ideas are awesome, keep them coming, I will make them.

I don't want too many different ammo types, so crossbows/guns seems enough to me.

TomiTapio, are you sure that gun strength is a major factor? I always thought that the ammo matters the most, and velocity etc. are not that important. It needs some testing, could someone run a 0.5 velocity vs 1 velocity guns and their effectiveness with the same ammo? This is very important (I don't want everyone to stick to air guns only).

Meanwhile I start to incorporate graphics for us graphics nerds. I've decided to go with Ironhand and tweak it, I hope you are okay with that:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2012, 10:47:17 am »

And this is how your vault will look. I will work on walls/doors more:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2012, 11:11:09 am »

Some robots:

Land Scouter: A spider-ish constuct (Ex. Ten Legs, three different sensers, "mouthparts" to pick things up) with the ability to spew a paralizing foam (Webs).

Puffball Another floating robot, this shoots stunning bursts of not-plasma. Round-ish, with three functioning limbs connected to a nod at the bottom. Was first a novelty at malls and department stores, later used for crowd control and such. Think Mr. Handy size. Might broadcast "positive programes".

Android: Possibly a night creature/vampire replacment, these guys would "replace" the human it's impersinating. "Remember, if you notice your neighbors acting oddly, than that might mean that they are android spies!" Hence, the search will be on to root out the occasinal reminent of these infiltrators.

Pyrocumulus: Airborn sentry rigged to shoot blasts of fire, realy. Has the same basic shape as the Puffball, but has only two arms and has a set of antenna that can be removed to kill it.

Thunderhead: The big daddy of all the other cloud-bots, this thing is roughly the size of a Gorgataur and deals out blasts (or preferably waves Dragonfire-style) of plasma. However, it is slow and cannot fly without the four thrusters located on its body, after which it would be grounded. Presumably utters such wonderful things as "Stop, fools!" and " Die, Commie Scum!".

A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2012, 01:17:20 pm »

I've noticed that the chthonians in this mod can be killed by magma in the arena, aren't they supposed to be immune? Also water should hurt them

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2012, 02:38:41 pm »

There's no way to make them damaged by water and I did not think about magma immunity. I will add it in the release after the upcoming one (which will be out any minute).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.92) - Graphics + DOOM
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »

0.92:
- Demons from the game "DOOM" inhabit lower caves now.
- Graphical version.

Not all creatures have graphics yet, but most do. Robots and lovecraftian creatures needs graphics the most.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2012, 03:39:13 pm »

Well, the ammo for compressed-air gun would be just ball bearings, or shaped slugs. Different, punier ammo.
I think one could manage with two kinds of crossbow ammo, two kinds of rifle ammo (crude/superior), plus the pneumatic slugs.

What kind of ammo would vanish from the battlefield by itself? Evaporate from ice, burn up like FIREWOOD material?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Sarkovar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »

Look at the graphics raws, see wasteland_incest.png  :o
Oh... it's just bugs ... bummer. Great mod either way.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:24:06 pm by Sarkovar »
Me: FLAMING BABY FLAIL'S COMIN' AT YA DEMONS.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.0.92f) - Graphics + DOOM
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2012, 04:36:28 pm »

I'm uploading 0.92f for the ASCII version, you don't have to bother with it if you have 0.92, it's just a small fix to body detail plan (it won't hurt to update though) and some very minor tweaks of colors.
The graphical version has not changed.

0.92f ASCII:
- Just a small fix for cacodemon bodypart positioning.
- A minor color scheme tweaking.

Look at the graphics raws, see wasteland_incest.png  :o
Oh... it's just bugs ... bummer. Great mod either way.
A modder may have an inside joke to giggle and to hope that nobody will notice it (or notice, for fun :P).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:38:17 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2012, 07:55:10 pm »

I just had some fun with a Eyebot, turns out that the little buggers can kill my poor two-headed cows like they where made out of butter. Going to buy one next time I embark and see how well they handle deathclaws. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

Little note, the ascii download actually links to a graphical version.  Otherwise massively enjoyable mod
Nom nom nom

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2012, 11:45:31 pm »

It's a bit too hard to find weapon grade metal. Iron is very rare, coal is exteremely rare too. I'm pretty much stuck with charcoals and orihalcum on every playthrough.

Also, I think Orihalcum is a very, very dumb idea. Plasteel? sure, I have no problem with that, carbon fiber? Yup no problem with me. But for the love of god, someone please tell me why it exists in the wasteland.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2012, 01:07:35 am »

orichalcum sounds too mythical for me to. Find another name please :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 62