Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217637 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.7)
« Reply #795 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:26 am »

What, you don't know that you can adjust game speed? How can you play :P. Check hotkeys.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 30, 2012, 09:39:46 pm »

Fun fact: Robots+Fire-spewing geckos= doom of a ghoul fort.

Which is actualy a lie. You see, there were a few (ghouls) down in the caverns, and surprisingly few died from the fire proper, but most of the ghouls who had friends with the non-workers (I like to keep my settlements seperate, in case of things like this) went utterly nutso. In the end, a quarter of a 70+fort ends up with a bad case of the crazys, and the only reason I did not abandon right there is because I modded ghouls to be immune to the radioactive biomes effects.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 30, 2012, 11:07:29 pm »

Oh, you've made a ghoul fortress? Sweet. It's a really nice theme if you have imagination and make some additions. I was thinking about making radioactive rain/clouds into healing material for ghouls, nice idea.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 31, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »

Deon, how exactly does someone increase the FPS limit from the hot keys menu?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also just had my first encounter with Night Gaunts, so here's hoping that more Lovecraftian monsters decide to attack me on the South Pole! Also I just found out that my civilization's symbol is apparently two dead children.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 03:37:31 pm by Asra »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 31, 2012, 04:26:07 pm »

What, you don't know that you can adjust game speed? How can you play :P. Check hotkeys.
I've looked through the hotkeys and have no idea how to change game speed with them.... help?
Nom nom nom

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 31, 2012, 05:54:39 pm »

The hotkeys are defined through esc menu, don't tell me you don't set up macros too, how hard it must be to play df without :O. Normally it's "alt" + "="/"-" (to the right of numbers) to increase/decrease fps limit.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 31, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

Thanks Deon. You have no idea how helpful that is. Seriously I didn't know that was even an option on DF. I assumed everyone else was just running on super computers.

Also as for Replicants. Do they suffer from the Vampire hunger issue where they eventually become slower and slower as time goes on?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 31, 2012, 09:15:54 pm »

nope I've honestly in my years of playing never set up a macro
Guess I should now though...
Nom nom nom

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 01, 2012, 03:34:48 am »

Forgive me if it's for fortress mode balancing purposes but aren't default super mutant populations a little excessive right now?

Population maximum is 10,000 for supermutants, which is rather significant. Especially considering cannibals are much fewer in number.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 01, 2012, 09:57:20 am »

@Asra Man that guy got around...he was even the leader of a group for a while.  ...They should starve like vampires if they don't drink blood...also they become sterile...but then they don't eat, drink,sleep,or care if you kill their families.  So same tactic as with Vampires...put them in a pit with levers tied to your important doors/bridges/traps and drop a caged peasant in there when they slow down a bit.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 01, 2012, 10:11:19 am »

Do replicates spread like vampires, aka through blood?  Cause I just had my security chief execute one and when I wasn't paying attention he went and washed off all the blood into the well....
Nom nom nom

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 01, 2012, 11:12:06 am »

yep... they have bite and blood contact.  I think Vault Dwellers with the Immune or Super-human castes can't be infected, but everyone else is in trouble.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 01, 2012, 12:37:44 pm »

Forgive me if it's for fortress mode balancing purposes but aren't default super mutant populations a little excessive right now?

Population maximum is 10,000 for supermutants, which is rather significant. Especially considering cannibals are much fewer in number.
Do you want sieges to stop when you kill a few generals? :P
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 01, 2012, 01:30:18 pm »

Do replicates spread like vampires, aka through blood?  Cause I just had my security chief execute one and when I wasn't paying attention he went and washed off all the blood into the well....

Well if that's your only water supply you're going to have a lot of replicants on your hands.

( I wonder how many peasants it would take annually to feed a fort of 53 replicants?)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:11:29 pm by Asra »

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:51 am »

Well...I was working on adding Borderlands 2 -LDR bots...but noticed that functionally, they are identical to Protectrons.  We already have so many robots to begin with so scrap that idea.  D3TH-TP turned out to be a monster...(flying, fast, super-sharp claws, plasma cannons...blargh)  so we'll just let him sit with the other megabeast robots for now...

Oh, Deon, did you get that resent cleaned robots file?  sorry the first one was broken...
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 62