Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] >2.0<  (Read 48271 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: The Two Sides [Alien Thread] >2.0<
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2012, 09:12:18 pm »

Hey, Orb, if you get into fallout, I was going to be doing a Lets Play of Fallout: Online sometime over the summer and would certainly appreciate more people being interested. :P

Don't know if the GoG version is good enough, though... we'll see, I guess.

Get into Fallout? I beat it. 8)

LP might be hard. It'd certainly take dedication to slog through the game and record every conversation(or maybe you'll just summarize). Most LPs go unfinished(including mine). Are you sure you're up for the challenge?   ;)

GOG version is fine. All I've heard about is not being able to murder children. Not too big on living out my inner serial murderer, so it worked perfectly fine. Only encountered one bug(which almost ended my game, but some quick thinking saved me).

"Edit" If you want to do something interesting, take a charismatic character who steals and sneaks around. A lot of the game can be beat that way(I can think of a few situations where stealth could have been useful, but having the bigger gun worked too). Get AG 10 to avoid anything that gives you an ugly look. Would be an interesting thing to watch play out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:16:00 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »

No, not of Fallout, of Fallout: Online.

The Multiplayer version.

Way different in lots of other ways too. But very fun.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23:25 pm »

No, not of Fallout, of Fallout: Online.
What?  Where?  How?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 10:29:21 pm »

It's a secret game. Shhh.

Edit: There are also Online Baldurs Gate and Arcanum games out there. There's a whole world below most people's radar.

Most of it is in Russian, unfortunately. Thankfully, this isn't one of those!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:32:34 pm by GlyphGryph »

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2012, 01:47:59 pm »

Aliens got some equivalent to high explosives? You should start mining your ships at the start of each mission and blow it sky fucking high if the battle go south (which is usually apparently does). That way the enemy should not get too much valuable stuff from us. At least destroy the elerium drive.

Is this a possible line of action?
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2012, 02:02:54 pm »

Elerium cores and navigation devices can't be destroyed mid-battle for balance purposes.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2012, 02:08:33 pm »

See, I've been getting conflicting reports from different people about that little fact. I think we need an... EXPERIMENT. From my understanding, they just have MUCH higher armour than in the normal game, absurdly high, armor the aliens equipment can't penetrate, meaning if they do get destroyed it's cause the humans did it, because the high explosives CAN penetrate it, though maybe not guaranteed.

I'd say setting off 10 or so high explosives next to the target of choice would make a decent test. :P

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2012, 08:17:24 pm »

New update tomorrow! I would do it today...but its late.

Also, we have a new threat. Some may call it a hero. Others may call it your nemesis. My foe has revealed its presence, and I shiver in fear. His name is Xanatos, and he shall slay many of our kind.   :(

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »

Well shit.

Fortunately, he's only got one Xanatos, whereas we've got numberless legions of worthless Sectoid goons. Sooner or later one of them's gotta hit something!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2012, 09:50:18 pm »

Mind control, mind control, mind control. FA and RE only matter if Xanatos isn't a psy-weakling.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 03:40:29 pm »

Mind control, mind control, mind control. FA and RE only matter if Xanatos isn't a psy-weakling.

Problem: I don't know who he is. Mind probes aren't exactly standard issue.

In other news...

Comments, suggestions, criticism, general discussion, corny jokes, ect., are welcome, as always.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2012, 03:54:16 pm »

Heh heh heh. Excellent. He can track down and pummel your smaller ships, but it looks like you're winning in the long run. I suspect he'll have a bit more trouble dealing with you in an actual combat situation, too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 04:21:47 pm »

Very nice update, looking forward to the next one now. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 04:33:29 pm »

Looks like things are heating up. Excellent.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 04:50:41 pm »

So, ideas for the usage of my new base, when I get it?

Remember, it can only produce the race it was created with, so no Sectoids.

I plan to have it be Snakemen. It will be filled with mostly small scouts, being cheap in Elerium. Using up Elerium at two bases is sure to deplete my reserves fast. This base will be used for(suicidal) scouting purposes, and to overwhelm my opponent.

Ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17