Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

NEW: What other Doctor Who monsters would you want in your game?

Vashta Narada
Silurians
Sontarans
Malfunctioning Nanogenes
Ood
Macra (classic Who)
Zygons
Other (please comment!)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!  (Read 77154 times)

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2014, 06:57:01 pm »

Wouldn't having a Time Lord Regenerate be rather simple? It seems like you could just give it a syndrome to use when fleeing that indefinitely 'transforms it' into a Time Lord again, healing all wounds and so on. Have a radial material emission to simulate all the glowy energy stuff, and a one-day-long syndrome that supercharges recuperation, since that's also a thing that happens. And since it's still a Time Lord, it still has the ability to regenerate. I'm guessing there's a reason that wouldn't work, but I'm curious as to what it is.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »

Wouldn't having a Time Lord Regenerate be rather simple? It seems like you could just give it a syndrome to use when fleeing that indefinitely 'transforms it' into a Time Lord again, healing all wounds and so on. Have a radial material emission to simulate all the glowy energy stuff, and a one-day-long syndrome that supercharges recuperation, since that's also a thing that happens. And since it's still a Time Lord, it still has the ability to regenerate. I'm guessing there's a reason that wouldn't work, but I'm curious as to what it is.
That would make them almost unkillable, with the exception of lucky headshots.
._.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2014, 07:20:51 pm »

A transformation cannot be applied while one is already in effect. With that system, it could only regenerate once.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2014, 08:07:52 pm »

I'm still partial to the idea of just creating a creature that has the DOES_NOT_EXIST tag so that you never encounter the Doctor, but he still appears in engravings and such.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

King Kravoka

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2014, 01:56:55 am »

I'm still partial to the idea of just creating a creature that has the DOES_NOT_EXIST tag so that you never encounter the Doctor, but he still appears in engravings and such.
Just use this idea.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2014, 02:21:12 am »

I'll do that when I get around to updating this.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2014, 02:37:04 am »

Ah. I see why that wouldn't work. What about a human/Time Lord hybrid, though? The rules on those have always been really vague. Or, gods help us, a dwarf/Time Lord hybrid. Imagine THAT martial trance...

EDIT: One minute later:

[CREATURE:THE_DOCTOR]
   [NAME:the doctor:the thirteen doctors:the doctor]
   [CREATURE_TILE:154][COLOR:1:0:1]
   [FANCIFUL]
   [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
   [PREFSTRING:ruthlessness]
   [PREFSTRING:fine dress]
   [PREFSTRING:cleverness]
   [PREFSTRING:blue box]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:43:52 am by Nathail »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2014, 11:31:42 pm »

I cannot wait for the day till this is updated. c: obviously the first thing I will do is become a cyber leader and convert the world to cybermen.
Good luck my child, try not to die before you update this. :D
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 17, 2014, 03:09:04 pm »

1) AMAZING MOD!
2) Just a quick reminder: they added vision fields and line of sight in the new version, soooo... weeping angels? Maybe? Is it possible? Please?
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2014, 06:32:01 pm »

1) AMAZING MOD!
2) Just a quick reminder: they added vision fields and line of sight in the new version, soooo... weeping angels? Maybe? Is it possible? Please?

They added vision fields and line of sight and absolutely no way to do anything with them other than changing their size.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 18, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »

We still run into the problem (among others) of them turning to stone, then warriors just beating on them until they starve to death (or in this version, the angel accumulates enough damage to be pulped.)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 18, 2014, 07:07:51 pm »

all well it was a nice thought. c: but I guess somethings just weren't meant to be...it was inevitable.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2014, 04:52:53 am »

yeah kinda wonder how the hell you guys could do line of sight with a top down game.

have it be unstone and cloaked, give it an reaction to give others the ability to turn it to stone on line of sight, then give it the ability to unstone on top of ambushing.

boom now it's a creature that has to stealth kill everyone or else being turn into a heavily sluggish statue...up until the unit walks away allowing the angel to cast destone+hide and sneak up and kill.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2014, 12:52:44 pm »

Already discussed this. Having people give each other interactions to do stuff like that could cause delays, and adventurers could just choose not to participate. Also, if military units attack it, once it turns to stone they'll just beat on it until they starve to death or they pulp it. If it can turn back when people are looking at it, due to the timer, it will probably kill them. And IDK of any way to force a creature back into stealth once it's already unstealthed.

I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry, but they need dfhack :|

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

Since Angels aren't happening, how about Kaleds (the race that became the Daleks)? Say Kaleds and Daleks are both castes of one species, make Daleks really rare, and give Daleks an interaction to turn Kaleds into more Daleks. So the world starts off with Kaleds, but eventually a Dalek is "born" and converts all the other Kaleds into Daleks. Or, make Daleks so rare they never naturally occur, and have a special Davros caste that does the conversion.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14