Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

NEW: What other Doctor Who monsters would you want in your game?

Vashta Narada
Silurians
Sontarans
Malfunctioning Nanogenes
Ood
Macra (classic Who)
Zygons
Other (please comment!)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!  (Read 77177 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2012, 03:09:26 am »

Same place you put all the other files.

I placed the Dalek creature description in the creature default, and Dalek entity description in the entity default.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2012, 04:19:58 am »

K, nevermind, got it to work. 

This is really cool.  Just wish the extermination ray would light them on fire or something. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2013, 08:56:12 pm »

How does Dalek Cloning work?
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2013, 09:00:54 pm »

Er, right now they just have male and female "cloning unit" castes set to be incredibly rare and produce many offspring, to ensure they don't die out in worldgen. The ratio for the cloning units is so low that you shouldn't see them very often in any interactions with the daleks.

If they were playable, I could scrap that and put in something convoluted with syndromes, gibs, and resurrections, but to make them work as antagonists this is the way it must be.

Say, anyone encountered cybermen in fort mode? I'd appreciate some data on that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2013, 12:10:11 pm »

"[T_WORD:DEVIL:doctor]"
I just noticed this. Well played. I'll test this mod out on Fort mode and see if I can find any Cybermen. A guy did find a slab in Legends, so it shouldn't take too long.
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2013, 03:12:28 pm »

Hmm, I want to do a Special Weapons Dalek, but I can't think of a way to make them deadlier or more destructive than the others already are. Thoughts?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2013, 01:19:23 am »

Bit of an oddity with Cybermen in Adventure mode, the cyber leaders will convert you, and then keep right on trying to kill you.

Furthermore, arena testing shows converting others into cybermen doesn't make them loyal to you. Just makes them into angry cyborgs who still want to murder you but now have robot powers to do it with.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2013, 08:18:25 pm »

Bit of an oddity with Cybermen in Adventure mode, the cyber leaders will convert you, and then keep right on trying to kill you.

Furthermore, arena testing shows converting others into cybermen doesn't make them loyal to you. Just makes them into angry cyborgs who still want to murder you but now have robot powers to do it with.

Try breaking line of sight or doing it from stealth.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

Tried it in adventure mode, They still wanted to kill me. And judging by the large numbers of cyberman corpses all over the floor... This is there MO.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

I think he's saying that you need to do that so you don't get converted, not so that you don't get attacked.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »

Well what I was wondering would be if this would hamper there ability in fortress mode. Since they aren't gathering huge retinues of cybermen to go to war with them, how would they do much to harm your fortress?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I love this mod, including the Daleks (The "Oh !@#$" moments you get when ambushed by Daleks in adventure mode are just awesome... Nothing cuts you down to size like your adventurers army getting trashed by laser gun toting time travelers.)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:27:51 pm by druid91 »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2013, 12:57:36 am »

Strange, in my tests cybermen towers were full of cybermen. The leaders would still attack you after conversion, but the rank-and-file wouldn't, just like necromancers. They'd convert you, stealth or no, if you came within a tile of them, but as long as you were stealthed when the did so, the minions wouldn't attack.

But those tests were back in 34.08. Something in the game code might have been buggered up since then. Still, I'm sure the cyber leaders shouldn't be attacking their minions...

Anyway, the cybermen work on the [BERSERK] token, which makes a creature attack anything that's not of it's own species and also [BERSERK], but also not attack those like it. Upon transformation (not in arena mode), the transformee will no longer be hostile to the creature that transformed it, provided they were not wrestling when the transformation occurred. In my tests with 34.11, so far this still works.

Tested a cyber adventurer today, stole the slab out of a keep. So far, I have discovered that bogeymen are superior to cybermen... at dying. No weapons, but I can hit like a truck and tear them apart with grabbing and wrenching. Also, seems that the cyber leader's ability to repair downed cybermen, combined with turning corpses into partially converted cyberslaves, can be used in a roundabout way to turn a corpse into a complete cyberman, loyal to you but without the "hitpoint" system.

DwarfMan98

• Bay Watcher
  • If you Fus Ro Dah a Gandalf, prepare for FUN!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2013, 05:14:44 am »

Hmm, I want to do a Special Weapons Dalek, but I can't think of a way to make them deadlier or more destructive than the others already are. Thoughts?
Maybe make them have better/thicker armour and more damaging weapons.  :) Although, they should be SUPER rare... unless you want SUPER DALEKS destroying everyone and everything, becoming a completely dominant race. Edit: :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:07:04 am by DwarfMan98 »
You know what Dwarf Fortress should have? DRAGONS. And Dragonborns. And Reapers. And Gandalf. Then the Dovahkiin can Fus Ro Dah (Unrelenting Force) Gandalf ("You shall not pass!") and make a paradox!
Thou shalt not pass! Fus Ro Dah!
Hydrogen, helium, lithium, berryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen... I am proud to be a nerd. I should be Urist McNerd. MUHUHUHUHUHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAAAAAHA! 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693. None of that is the password for my account... I think...

xandalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »

While I voted for counting the shadows... What about not blinking?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:24 pm »

I just don't see a viable way to have Weeping Angels.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14