Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

NEW: What other Doctor Who monsters would you want in your game?

Vashta Narada
Silurians
Sontarans
Malfunctioning Nanogenes
Ood
Macra (classic Who)
Zygons
Other (please comment!)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!  (Read 77152 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: !!DALEKS!! and Introducing: Cybermen!
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 11:01:43 pm »

I've been eyeing this for a while, finally got around to downloading it - the Daleks never seem to survive worldgen for me. How long are you genning on your tests?
About 200 years, medium world. Try increasing the [STARTING_PAIRS] in their entity file. What usually kills them?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:45 pm »

I've been eyeing this for a while, finally got around to downloading it - the Daleks never seem to survive worldgen for me. How long are you genning on your tests?
About 200 years, medium world. Try increasing the [STARTING_PAIRS] in their entity file. What usually kills them?
Ahhhh, that might be part of it. What usually kills them are, admittedly, the other civs I have modded in. However, the reason they die at all is because they're not really expanding. You have them set to cave_detailed as their default site, which is great, but for one thing - both their biome_support values are the minimum, which would probably explain why I've never seen them expand... and why they get killed off so easily. Just my thoughts, though - I'm far from being an expert modder, I think.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 11:39:36 pm »

Ahhhh, that might be part of it. What usually kills them are, admittedly, the other civs I have modded in. However, the reason they die at all is because they're not really expanding. You have them set to cave_detailed as their default site, which is great, but for one thing - both their biome_support values are the minimum, which would probably explain why I've never seen them expand... and why they get killed off so easily. Just my thoughts, though - I'm far from being an expert modder, I think.
Try turning it up and seeing the results. I usually see them expand rapidly, if they expand at all.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 12:28:48 pm »

Try turning it up and seeing the results. I usually see them expand rapidly, if they expand at all.
I turned both up to 3, and that seemed to fix it. It could be the modded civs, but after genning a small handful of worlds I wasn't getting any Daleks - a bit disappointing. But they're here now, so it's all good. I'll tell you what I think of them once they attack.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:26 am »

I turned both up to 3, and that seemed to fix it. It could be the modded civs, but after genning a small handful of worlds I wasn't getting any Daleks - a bit disappointing. But they're here now, so it's all good. I'll tell you what I think of them once they attack.

I'm no modder, but I think it might be the living space being taken by the more expansive races if you have many of them.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:19 am »

I don't doubt it's possible it had something to do with the other civs I modded in, as I'm the only one with the issue, but with a medium world, 40 civs and 500-1050 years being genned, I think it was more of them dying out. There was plenty of room - both on the map and for more sites. It's working now, anyway.

EDIT: They found me... So... they're basically invincible, right? Just lost a whole fort of very well-trained warriors... At least it's about accurate as to how dead my dwarves would be if they were real Daleks. =P
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:51:39 pm by Talvieno »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:28 pm »

I don't doubt it's possible it had something to do with the other civs I modded in, as I'm the only one with the issue, but with a medium world, 40 civs and 500-1050 years being genned, I think it was more of them dying out. There was plenty of room - both on the map and for more sites. It's working now, anyway.

EDIT: They found me... So... they're basically invincible, right? Just lost a whole fort of very well-trained warriors... At least it's about accurate as to how dead my dwarves would be if they were real Daleks. =P

Arena tests show that adamantine weapons work well (piercing ones, anyway) but no form of armor is any good. To defeat them would likely require more creative methods. If you can destroy the gunstalk, that makes it 10x easier (but still pretty hard).

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

Arena tests show that adamantine weapons work well (piercing ones, anyway) but no form of armor is any good. To defeat them would likely require more creative methods. If you can destroy the gunstalk, that makes it 10x easier (but still pretty hard).

Well, destroying gun stalks is fine... with weapons and skill in adventure mode and some skill... and some luck with that plunger, BUT! getting dwarves to hit their gunstalks is a difficult task in dwarf mode, though I believe the usual pressurized water/magma/other cannon works, just like the atom smasher.

You know, the higher level the technology or the bigger the brute strength, the better.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »

Bronze colossi seem to sometimes get lucky hits and jam the casing through the creature inside, but usually they get decapitated by the extermination beam. Either that or they melt.

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2012, 05:37:27 pm »

Add Sontarans, but give them an ATMOS box that produces deadly dust. Of course, this should be able to be built and linked to a lever.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 02:02:30 pm »

What version is this currently for?
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 05:03:24 pm »

What version is this currently for?
The current version. I supposed that the daleks could be reverse-compatible with 31.25, but not the cybermen.

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 09:30:01 pm »

Hello? Are you my mummy? Please let me in...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »

Sounds like an interaction with [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION]

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:52 pm »

YES!

and for added bonus

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14