Poll

Which game to choose for multiplayer

Borderlands
- 10 (83.3%)
Dead Island
- 2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Borderlands multiplayer session: Apply within.  (Read 3590 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Borderlands multiplayer session: Apply within.
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:38:56 am »

Hey there everydorf, I feel like playing some multiplayer games for fun and giggles. The two games I have in mind are (of course) Borderlands (GotY version) or Dead Island (I'm not sure whether the DLC changes anything for this one, but I just have the base game). We can start from the beginning and keep going until people have had enough or have to go.

See to the poll above, vote for one or the other, and if you feel like joining in with me, post or PM me your steam account and I'll add you to the game.

The limit of players in either game is 4, and there's four different characters in each. I'm not fussed by what people want to play, but one of each character would make things more interesting.

I might add that we can record the game if people want, so other forumites can watch. Though I don't know anything about recording and/or what programs to use.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:20:27 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands or Dead Island multiplayer session: Apply within.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 05:36:36 am »

PC I'd assume?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 05:46:30 am »

Yes, PC. As far as I know, steam doesn't let other platforms to connect to a game, neither do the other platforms vice versa.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:31:53 am »

I'll vote for Borderlands! I'd prefer to play either Siren or Soldier, and my Steam acc is acidicbiscuit

I can play from 4PM GMT+1 to 4AM.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 11:30:07 am »

Been a good while since my last Borderlands MP session. I have a Siren character good for later game (non-expansion), and I have a pretty decent Mordecai character (playthrough 1 completed +expansions, aside from Crawmerax).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 02:41:29 am »

I put in my vote for Borderlands, been having some fun with it lately, play mostly a Solider but can go anyone if needed.

I should be available for games from around 5 pm to around 9 pm GMT (or UTC, if they're not the same time).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:44:53 am »

I'm interested in Borderlands. 2 questions:

First, what time frame are we talking here? I'm mostly free on weekends, not sure what times.
Second, would we be starting new level one characters or using existing ones? My current best is a level 44 Soldier.

I would like to join in; I've never played Borderlands multiplayer before :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands multiplayer session: Apply within.
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:15 am »

Bwarg! I apologise for seemingly leaving this in the dust. I must confess that I overlooked the problem of time period, this was quite the spontaneous post, driven by a sudden desire to play some games I've got multiplayer since I've never done so.

Hm, well five people so far (six including myself). Sadly there's only 4 character slots (I think? I know you can have any combination of characters) so I'll have to pick and choose.

As for time, as I said I didn't give it much thought. Around now is when I usually have time to play, though seeing as there's holidays anywhere from 10 hours ago to 4 hours into the future is fine.

Stated plainly. Timezone is Melbourne, Australia. If I get messages from those interested with steam account I'll add you and see if I can invite people as they come online. I'll probably run it first come, first served due to the uncertainty of when people are online, though please don't feel your restricted to joining my game, set up another if you want amongst the others and we could possibly have some sort of achievement/bragging thing going.

Characters. We can start from level 1, it should still be a challange as the difficulty scales with the number of players. I'll organise it so we've got one of each class going.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 09:00:31 am »

I'd be into some MP Borderlands goodness sometime. I've got all the DLCs, so I'd be up for whatever.

Since Sirus and Itnetlolor have some late-game characters (and I've got a 40-something Berserker), mebbe we could do a MP Mad Moxxi arena slog.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 11:36:20 am »

I'd be into some MP Borderlands goodness sometime. I've got all the DLCs, so I'd be up for whatever.

Since Sirus and Itnetlolor have some late-game characters (and I've got a 40-something Berserker), mebbe we could do a MP Mad Moxxi arena slog.
I've been wanting to do some arena nonsense for a good while. Already beat all 3 1st level arenas (5 rounds, was it? 5 matches each round?), 2nd level arenas are marathons however (15 rounds, same 3 places).

Here are the stats of my guys
Lvl 30 Siren (Trash Coast; decent mid-late game weapons and a good special setup, fair amount of storage capacity)
Lvl 47 Hunter (Playthrough 1 100% completed (haven't begun Playthrough 2 yet) aside from Crawmerax; Plenty of orange weapons (and a good range of types for arena) and carrying capacity (all claptraps in 1st playthrough collected/saved). Favorite weapon with this guy is the Terrible Matador shotgun (non-elemental).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:38:08 am by Itnetlolor »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 11:39:57 am »

I only have a level 16 Soldier who's still in Fyrestone, so I'm not going to be doing Arenas any time soon.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 11:45:20 am »

I can go for the arenas, have a level 35 Solider, just turning on the ECHO network :)

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 12:09:24 pm »

Mad Moxxi's arena is the only DLC I couldn't do on my own :P

Sadly, I just woke up and couldn't have been online anyway. I think I'm gonna have to sit this out - why are so many games going off of Australia time?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 08:59:13 am »

I've been wanting to do some arena nonsense for a good while. Already beat all 3 1st level arenas (5 rounds, was it? 5 matches each round?), 2nd level arenas are marathons however (15 rounds, same 3 places).

Here are the stats of my guys
Lvl 30 Siren (Trash Coast; decent mid-late game weapons and a good special setup, fair amount of storage capacity)
Lvl 47 Hunter (Playthrough 1 100% completed (haven't begun Playthrough 2 yet) aside from Crawmerax; Plenty of orange weapons (and a good range of types for arena) and carrying capacity (all claptraps in 1st playthrough collected/saved). Favorite weapon with this guy is the Terrible Matador shotgun (non-elemental).

Bah...my favorite weapons are my FISTS! Well, that and an explosive shotgun.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:52:24 pm »

So, are we still doing this? I just made more progress with my Siren [LEVEL: 33]. Got better weapons and a few more levels (and did a little proficiency grinding while at it). I'm just about done with New Haven with her, if anyone wants a progress report.

Spoiler: progress point (click to show/hide)

Where I currently stand, I can help someone get the Rider sniper rifle since I'm at that point to get it, although from my standpoint and equipment layout, it's  a pretty crappy easter egg weapon (Like a level 22 weapon, I'm much higher than that. It's a reference to A Christmas Story; there's even a guy's leg turned into a lamp for additional reference).

EDIT:
I'm actually just going to level grind a bit with my weapon proficiencies if we're going to visit Moxxi's. I would suggest that since the enemies in the arenas are adaptive to your current character level. So up those skills/weapon proficiencies. May I suggest fighting old bosses with your lower skilled weapons first, and your higher ones later. They level up along with your character XP; so make sure the level gap between boss types are large enough to really profit the skill points. Right now, my Siren's working on her Eridian weapon skills so she can recharge them far quicker.

I would also suggest re-fighting some of those bosses as well if you want to improve your equipment as well; you will need it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:31:18 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: [1] 2