Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do you think that miner that unleashed HFS in the intro movie thought.  (Read 4889 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"ITS MY PET KITT-"
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction

"Oh, bugger."
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

"This isn't the booze stockpile-

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sure the last thing to go through his mind was his beard.   ;D
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

I thought he unleashed magma, HFS makes alot moremore though.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I wonder if I could put my children down there.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

MUST GO AND FETCH LOST PICK

It is refreshing from dwarves putting themselves in mortal danger from fetching socks, that said.

Freddybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He was hitting magma. In the original 2d version when you first discovered magma it would rush into the tunnel and kill the miners there. That led to putting a newbie miner on the job when you found warm rocks.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is teal stuff around him so I assume he dug through candy into raw Fun.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait a minute, i dont these are turtles at ALL"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:57:36 am by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile

He was hitting magma. In the original 2d version when you first discovered magma it would rush into the tunnel and kill the miners there. That led to putting a newbie miner on the job when you found warm rocks.

I don't believe so.

This

Also his pick falls a few meters in the vid right ? How  can your pick fall when you find a magma tube that's on the same level as yours ?

As I see it he was digging horizontally in raw adamantine, then encountered an empty vertical empty tube, maybe with magma at the end.

Either the magma went up REALLY QUICKLY (which seems unlikely) either he took a firebreath from a demon which climbed up the tube really quickly.

Though there is a cave river before, so this supports your 2d version. Huh. We should ask toady.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

The intro movie shows going down absolutely 0 ramps or stairs, so unless it's a bugged embark, it's the 2d version.

Could still be demons as there were eerie glowing pits back then, but no HFS wave as far as I know. Just occasional spawnings.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

-snip-

Dwarf CSI.

"Who put this obnoxiously interruptive chasm here..."

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

" DAMN YOU OVERLORD MCFUC *static* "
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Freddybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't believe so.

This

Also his pick falls a few meters in the vid right ? How  can your pick fall when you find a magma tube that's on the same level as yours ?

As I see it he was digging horizontally in raw adamantine, then encountered an empty vertical empty tube, maybe with magma at the end.

Either the magma went up REALLY QUICKLY (which seems unlikely) either he took a firebreath from a demon which climbed up the tube really quickly.

Though there is a cave river before, so this supports your 2d version. Huh. We should ask toady.

In the 2d version you had to bridge the river, then the chasm (both of those seem to be in the movie) then you had to bridge the magma river (which I don't see in the movie), and after that was candy and the HFS.
Pages: [1] 2