Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Drawception: a game of Miscommunication  (Read 90254 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Drawception: a game of Miscommunication
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2012, 10:52:38 am »

Or 2 fishermen literally wearing oranges for hats. With one complaining about getting juice in his eyes.
Ye, i love the amount of possibilities :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2012, 11:02:53 am »

Or 2 fishermen literally wearing oranges for hats. With one complaining about getting juice in his eyes.

The best I've seen in this vein was "man hugging tree with face" ... which had a guy smooshing his face into the side of a tree.

Anyone else see a lot of disruption in the games with the latest update? I've mostly been just browsing random games, but I'm seeing broken images and complete non sequiturs (but well drawn ones, so almost certainly not troll images) all over the place.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2012, 11:49:22 am »

The best I've seen in this vein was "man hugging tree with face" ... which had a guy smooshing his face into the side of a tree.

Anyone else see a lot of disruption in the games with the latest update? I've mostly been just browsing random games, but I'm seeing broken images and complete non sequiturs (but well drawn ones, so almost certainly not troll images) all over the place.
Its a bug thats certainly been fixed, check the devlog.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

shotgun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2012, 12:17:36 pm »

That's what I try and do. If the description is already quite creative then I'll try a literal drawing of it but be as detailed as possible. If it's a fairly bland description then I'll try and add some sort of twist or natural digression.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2012, 01:47:22 pm »

Ye, that is really annoying.
The main rules of drawception:
1. If its brown, it has to be shit!
2. Everybody is perverted and thinks perverted and you have never heard of clothes.

I meant that I don't mind themes being adult in nature, it's that you'll get really crappy drawings that lead to poor descriptions.

Here's a good example.

Some of the drawings work for their descriptions, but #2 there is just like "what?"

Oh, and
#3: Purple dinosaur-shaped object is Barney.
#4: Any dinosaur-shaped object is simply "dinosaur" (can't even distinguish "theropod" vs. "sauropod")
#5: Anything green and vaguely humanoid in shape is an "alien."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2012, 02:32:50 pm »

#5b: Or it's a zombie.

#6: Jesus rides a raptor. Always.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 14, 2012, 01:24:11 am »

Private games are a go.

Apparently it gives you a link that you pass around.

http://drawception.com/play/kWuZep3VjoenbAGQsqgnun0u8c1RuFxB0cwly5E0Z60/

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2012, 05:46:14 am »

#5: Anything green and vaguely humanoid in shape is an "alien."

I tend to do that tough, but i also try to be reasonable.
Use common sense. If people did that, it would be alot more fun.
Especially since thumbs down is now a replacement for flag.

EDIT:
And i love how he interpreted barney as the barney from the half-life series. I originally did that too when you said it.
(im from belgium tough)

Btw, anybody else having some games that just dont finish? im having 2 or one game thats been active for a few days...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:48:25 am by miauw62 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2012, 08:49:39 am »

It's as I predicted, people don't want to draw half of the descriptions, causing an ever increasing delay, meaning the longer this goes on, the longer it will take games to finish.

shotgun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2012, 08:53:16 am »

How could they combat that? Should a game just be declared null and void after a set time limit (24 hours?) if a description goes without a drawing?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2012, 09:17:44 am »

I am addicted to this.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2012, 12:14:08 pm »

How could they combat that? Should a game just be declared null and void after a set time limit (24 hours?) if a description goes without a drawing?

By limiting the amount of submissions a player can skip in a specified amount of time.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2012, 03:56:12 am »

By limiting the amount of submissions a player can skip in a specified amount of time.
That would just annoy the heck out of me (and alot of other players).
I skip until i see something that i like.
If they would implent that, i would just wait 10 minutes and do something else.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2012, 04:00:31 am »

Alternately: only give a text after you do a drawing.

also, more people need to do this.

http://drawception.com/play/kWuZep3VjoenbAGQsqgnun0u8c1RuFxB0cwly5E0Z60/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:03:10 am by Japa »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27