Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974839 times)

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4845 on: May 01, 2014, 09:45:37 pm »

The server is kind of ment to be challenging for ores in this patch of RR, and besides the drain of server life loads of ages would cause it'd also mess with that when you can make oceans of "X resource here".
But the link books are still useable, and there is a 'direwolf20 portal computer' set up.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 01, 2014, 10:29:00 pm »

Yeah, that seems pretty reasonable, considering there seems to be more than enough ores spawning in modded Minecraft normally.

And the link book computer thing sounds neat, though I probably wouldn't build anything like that myself, as I plan to mostly concentrate on magic (I plan to be a stranded Space Pirate Wizard captain who doesn't really know much about technology, leaving that sort of stuff up to his crew. Which reminds me that I need to get around to making my Space Pirate Wizard captain skin).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: May 01, 2014, 10:50:14 pm »

How exactly does half ore value work? Does that just mean no ore doubling mechanics, or is there a way to make vanilla smelting only give half return?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: May 01, 2014, 11:01:47 pm »

I think it means half ore occurrence, not value.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 02, 2014, 12:07:31 am »

Yeah, that's what I figured, especially since there are a lot of mods in this pack, so adjusting ore generation would probably be much less work than going through all the mods to make sure they use ore the right way.

And can anyone recommend a good skin editing program? I could probably make one just from a template, but I figure it'd be good to be able to make sure I'm doing it right and that it looks right before I upload it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 02, 2014, 12:17:52 pm »

Who was it i saw a while back suggested resonant rise?
You deserve internet creed/cookies for that :3

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 02, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »

You can check everything, but theres not portal or gravigun, and don't check anything that's got IRC on it... your client side stuff it up to you.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 02, 2014, 09:06:55 pm »

I'm getting more and more pissed off at minecraft's memory leaks. It doesn't even seem like you can accidentally cause this much of a ****up. I get that with mods installed the RAM can go up extremely fast. But just loading the mods brings me almost up to 1 GB of RAM. Walking around the overworld can bring me up to 1.5 GBs. Setting foot in the nether easily pushes it to past 2 GB and eventually seizes up my computer.

But the big problem I find is that even after I try to close minecraft, it uses an absurd amount of resources that it shouldn't The RAM it uses continues to increase and it uses more CPU then the actual game running does. I had to force the .exe to close through the task manager, but even after the program was forced down, it took my computer several minutes to stop lagging to death. What sort of program effects your computer after you terminate it form the task manager? Why does memory increase even when doing absolutely nothing?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: May 02, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »

I'm getting more and more pissed off at minecraft's memory leaks. It doesn't even seem like you can accidentally cause this much of a ****up. I get that with mods installed the RAM can go up extremely fast. But just loading the mods brings me almost up to 1 GB of RAM. Walking around the overworld can bring me up to 1.5 GBs. Setting foot in the nether easily pushes it to past 2 GB and eventually seizes up my computer.

But the big problem I find is that even after I try to close minecraft, it uses an absurd amount of resources that it shouldn't The RAM it uses continues to increase and it uses more CPU then the actual game running does. I had to force the .exe to close through the task manager, but even after the program was forced down, it took my computer several minutes to stop lagging to death. What sort of program effects your computer after you terminate it form the task manager? Why does memory increase even when doing absolutely nothing?
It's probably one of the mods, not Minecraft itself. Not all mods are properly coded, y'know.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 02, 2014, 11:09:35 pm »

O it is minecraft. It happens with vanilla minecraft and it happens every time I switch modpacks. SO it's not a specific mod. It's just gotten so bad what with all the content being added.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 02, 2014, 11:10:49 pm »

It's a game written in Java that requires only semi-sanctioned and pretty illegal reverse engineering to mod for at all. I wouldn't expect any mod to run well.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 03, 2014, 12:08:24 am »

Messing around the last hour or so with that skin editing program March linked, I've come up with a fairly serviceable Space Pirate Wizard:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The banded thing on the upper part of his legs are a type of metallic ribbed space leggings that I have dubbed "speggings".
Glory to Arstotzka!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 03, 2014, 07:49:57 am »

So, I'm finding mystcraft pages in stacks of 10 now. I'm assuming this is some sort of bug so I've been throwing out 9 of the pages but now I'm thinking that maybe something changed. Perhaps the pages are single use now? Should I keep throwing the pages out?

Also, I've got the farlanders mod installed that adds a bunch of enderman based stuff. One of these is a mob called the wanderers. The problem is, they either spawn way too fast, or don't despawn, meaning I end up with dozens of them all over the place. I usually have to spend a lot of time killing them and making traps for them so other mobs can spawn. How can I disable these guys from spawning?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:35:33 am by Micro102 »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 03, 2014, 09:40:01 am »

I think it's because those mods didn't give permission to be part of that modpack.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326