Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974895 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4815 on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:15 am »

Anyone got any command or mods which can help me define an area around certain parts of the multiplayer map I want to make? I don't want my players genning chunks which can make the server lag so I was thinking putting a Bedrock wall around the area would help, maybe even a command block every so blocks which search for players in the loaded chunk and teleport them back to spawn if they go out into the wilds...
Asking this again cause it was buried within the coding stuff...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4816 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:45 am »

The only 'mod' that I know of that do that is World Border for Bukkit. The obvious problem is that it doesn't work with Forge or any mods that touch world generation.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: April 14, 2014, 10:38:11 am »

Actually using MCPC+ you can mix Forge and Bukkit plugins.

But if you want to go pure Forge, MyTown has a "world border" setting in the config, probably not as flexible.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: April 14, 2014, 11:02:39 am »

What about the Command Blocks and their Fill command, anyone know a command that would allow me to fill a large swath of area with bedrock???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: April 14, 2014, 11:33:19 am »

Here's an idea that works without any mods: Generate a new world with standard terrain and walk or fly around in it until you have discovered at least all of the 1024x1024 area around the origin. Now generate a new world (this will be your server world) as a Superflat world filled with 256 layers of bedrock (or just void), and copy the four files region/r.0.0.mca, region/r.0.-1.mca, region/r.-1.0.mca, region/r.-1.-1.mca from your first world into your server world. That should ensure that players won't find more overworld than you give them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:27:13 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: April 14, 2014, 12:30:03 pm »

What if I have a Premade Map from another source? Would that still work???

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: April 14, 2014, 01:10:27 pm »

If they're spiteful, then the void option is much better, since generating a void chunk is unnoticeable in comparison to a bedrock chunk or even a normal chunk.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: April 14, 2014, 04:27:34 pm »

By the way, HQM released party system. I'm totally down for a multiplayer of Agrarian Skies if anybody else is.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: April 14, 2014, 05:38:06 pm »

What IS agrarian skies?

Modpack?
Map for a modpack?

Modpack plus map.

Do keep in mind that the version of the server I downloaded at least requires some setup. All the strongboxes seemed empty, and quest mode wasn't activated yet. So make sure to examine your map first
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4824 on: April 15, 2014, 08:26:22 am »

This is a prototype!

Generates either Stone planets with random ore inside, or Tree planets, leafy and filled with wood.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: April 15, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »

I am using the ars magica mod, accidentally used my skill points on things that don't combine, and have tried the /respec command, but don't have permission to use it. I'm playing single player on FTB horizons pack. How can I use this command?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: April 15, 2014, 05:24:31 pm »

I am using the ars magica mod, accidentally used my skill points on things that don't combine, and have tried the /respec command, but don't have permission to use it. I'm playing single player on FTB horizons pack. How can I use this command?

Open your world to LAN, which should let you enable cheats for that world. Another option is to cheat in some skill orb thingies with NEI so you can buy more useful skills.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: April 15, 2014, 10:58:42 pm »

You could also look up online how to summon one of the easy bosses (Water or Earth Guardian) and then do them the hard way.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4828 on: April 16, 2014, 07:28:45 am »

I don't know who else is interested but I am going to host an Agrarian Skies multiplayer server starting tonight. I've been holding off until the co-op party system was released publically.

The SMP map starts with 8 team islands and the HQM party system lets any number of players team up on them. The spawn point is a central pagoda thing with 8 flying potions so the players can get to their chosen island. If we have more than 8 players I'll have to spawn in some more potions or just teleport you over, which isn't really a problem.

Quest rewards will be shared among the team, so teams with multiple people will have no advantage. This means you can go solo instead of joining a team if you like, you'll get exactly the same rewards. (I need to test this to make sure)

In any case, I have made a new post (which I am still writing) for this but wanted to let you guys know since there has been some talk about the pack.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137889.0

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: April 16, 2014, 04:27:39 pm »

In ars magica, I accidentally skipped the part where you choose an icon for your spell. How do I edit the icon?
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 326