Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974993 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4755 on: April 09, 2014, 02:08:50 am »

Optifine, obviously.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: April 09, 2014, 02:17:00 am »

I haven't been noticing an FPS boost with optifine for several versions now. And it breaks the rendering of some mod blocks too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: April 09, 2014, 02:18:20 am »

I haven't been noticing an FPS boost with optifine for several versions now. And it breaks the rendering of some mod blocks too.
Optifine works wonders for vanilla Minecraft, but does little when combined with Forge due to them doing certain things differently.

Also, it'll crash if you try to use it with Biomes'O'Plenty.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4758 on: April 09, 2014, 02:41:23 am »

I'm using forge, so optifine is a no-no.

Ok, slightly expanding my query: what mods can be installed that don't need a world regen to be used? I'm playing with my sister over LAN, and we have a few buildings and terrain we don't want to lose right now.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: April 09, 2014, 03:06:45 am »

Smart Moving. It has some gameplay changes but it's mostly client side.

Seconding.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: April 09, 2014, 08:50:09 am »

The important question is what do you already have? Many mods have retroactive worldgen options. Other mods can function entirely off the resources already in other mods.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4761 on: April 09, 2014, 09:13:12 am »

Rei's Minimaps on top of Forge on top of Vanilla. I'm using a shader mod, too, but my sister isn't.

Related to modding: Anyone know how to make a mod that generates a map? If not, I'll have to dive into the minecraft map documentation itself, which seems to be sparse...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: April 09, 2014, 09:53:27 am »

Do you want to make an ingame worldgen mod, or an external utility that creates a Minecraft map file? If the former, you'll have to go really deep into Minecraft modding. If the latter, it should be easier: Mojang published the source for its NBT data format. If you need to know the structure of a map file, here is a tool which you can use to look at existing region files, so you know how your own region files need to look.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4763 on: April 09, 2014, 10:20:09 am »

It's the latter. Will look at it tomorrow.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: April 09, 2014, 02:30:36 pm »

Two mods I can recommend heavily are Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4. Both have retroactive generation options in their configs. I'll look into others if you like.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: April 09, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »

Been playing the agrarian skies modpack on FTB. Have to say it's awesome. Rebuild the world from a sapling and a piece of dirt.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4766 on: April 09, 2014, 05:56:22 pm »

Been playing the agrarian skies modpack on FTB. Have to say it's awesome. Rebuild the world from a sapling and a piece of dirt.
Is the quest portion out yet?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: April 09, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »

Yeah, Hardcore Quest Mod has been out and functional for a little while. The multiplayer party system is still on hold, sadly, so no multiplayer. Multiplayer would make Agrarian Skies the best thing ever, I can handle the quest progression just fine but when it comes to expanding the island I get stuck. I have no organizational capacity whatsoever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4768 on: April 09, 2014, 06:11:38 pm »

Yeah, Hardcore Quest Mod has been out and functional for a little while. The multiplayer party system is still on hold, sadly, so no multiplayer. Multiplayer would make Agrarian Skies the best thing ever, I can handle the quest progression just fine but when it comes to expanding the island I get stuck. I have no organizational capacity whatsoever.
But direwolf has a video out of the multiplayer system working. mostly

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:03 pm »

"On hold" as in "being held by the devs because its not done yet"
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 326