Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975030 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4740 on: January 23, 2014, 07:21:57 pm »

Reminds me of the part in all EULAs where they state that if any part of the EULA is declared void by a court of law, the rest of the EULA still stands, when the courts say that if one part of a document is rendered void the whole thing is void.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: January 23, 2014, 07:31:53 pm »

Sorry about the double post, but I found this in a mod called 'the creep'

Disclaimer (very important):The terms 'The Creep' (and any associated names not already copyrighted by Mojang ONLY) and 'Zaphelon' are prohibited for use unless referring to the original mod.The mods listed above, either being developed or already released, are not allowed to be distributed in any way without consent of the owner, MCZaphelon.
What the living fuck is wrong with these modders?!

You'd think that someone who plays MINECRAFT would know better than to try and copyright words.
I suspect that the people who are egotistical and defensive like that (Minecraft modders) don't actually keep up to date with Mojang's blog in any way.

Why would they? All Mojang does is break their game.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: January 30, 2014, 08:45:13 am »

For the first time in a year, I got the Technic pack.

It's so different... I played it back when Beta had just ended, back when it still had Industrialcraft. But holy crap, it's still awesome. It has a crapton of different mod packs that can be downloaded, by the looks of it, but I got the normal Tekkit.

There is a TON of things this pack adds. A lot of the mods I had either played or heard of, there were some I had never even heard of, mainly Dimensional Doors and qCraft. Needless to say, I may need to download a guide for all this stuff, as I have no idea how to get things or what they do. Let the Fun begin.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: January 31, 2014, 02:48:08 am »

sigh - I miss industrialcraft.

it was really clicking the engineer in me, but it is a casualty of the missing mod api I guess.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: January 31, 2014, 03:45:08 am »

What do you mean? Industrialcraft is alive and well.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 31, 2014, 03:46:19 am »

Really? Have they moved?

Cannot find 1.7.2 version on their wiki/forum

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4746 on: January 31, 2014, 06:44:32 am »

Really? Have they moved?

Cannot find 1.7.2 version on their wiki/forum
Many many mods have not updated to 1.7.2 yet. The modding community is often a few versions behind due to reasons.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 31, 2014, 05:02:38 pm »

Main reason being that the code is still being deobfuscated, so there's no Forge meaning there's nothing for the modders to work with.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:10 pm »

Reminds me of the part in all EULAs where they state that if any part of the EULA is declared void by a court of law, the rest of the EULA still stands, when the courts say that if one part of a document is rendered void the whole thing is void.
Or the ones that say things like you cannot get refunds, despite the fact that it's breaking the law by refusing it.
They do that so that if it is allowed, then there's no question of whether they get to do that or not. And so that laymen who read the contract will believe it's enforceable and not bother defending themselves. There are also plenty of bad lawyers out there who can be fooled.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4749 on: February 27, 2014, 01:29:44 am »

I assume mods includes mod packs. Anyone else play FTB's Monster yet?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: February 27, 2014, 09:43:29 am »

For the first time in a year, I got the Technic pack.

It's so different... I played it back when Beta had just ended, back when it still had Industrialcraft. But holy crap, it's still awesome. It has a crapton of different mod packs that can be downloaded, by the looks of it, but I got the normal Tekkit.

Do yourself a favor and switch to one of the FTB packs. They're way better maintained and they also still have Industrialcraft and Railcraft. Though I personally think Industrialcraft is starting to pass the point of being useful.

sigh - I miss industrialcraft.

it was really clicking the engineer in me, but it is a casualty of the missing mod api I guess.

I'm curious, have you tried Rotorycraft? It's in the modpack I'm using and I crafted the manual out of curiousity, it's.... Well it looks like something most people who like DFs style of complexity would like.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: April 08, 2014, 09:00:46 pm »

Can anyone suggest a good host for 3-5 people playing Feed The Beast?  We're have a few technical issues with our current one.  We're using the Direwolf pack and are in the USA.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: April 08, 2014, 11:42:52 pm »

Forget FTB. Resonant Rise is where it's at :)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4753 on: April 08, 2014, 11:54:48 pm »

Are there any quality of life mods other than NEI and Rei's Minimaps? O.o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: April 09, 2014, 02:08:00 am »

Smart Moving. It has some gameplay changes but it's mostly client side.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 326