Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975163 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4665 on: January 04, 2014, 09:51:05 am »

Anyone here plays Better Than Wolves mod?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4666 on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:50 pm »

Anyone here plays Better Than Wolves mod?
Considering that Dong Princess pretty much re-wrote his mod such that nobody would be able to install any other mods with it, as well as some other assholiness he's preformed, not many people play BTW, no. At least not frequently, at least.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4667 on: January 05, 2014, 01:42:55 pm »

Indeed. I enjoy having more than one mod installed thanks. BTW can go die in a fire.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: January 05, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »

I play BTW. It's rather sadistic, and a one-mod experience, but there's some sort of pleasure in managing to build yourself up in a game where you have to avoid jumping whenever possible because it will waste your precious hunger bar.

Also, what he says about the Minecraft community is true. You can not deny, the Minecraft Forums are a terrible, terrible place.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: January 05, 2014, 02:30:55 pm »

There are mods that do that without stopping you from having other stuff.

And he contributes to the scum more than any other member.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: January 05, 2014, 02:55:03 pm »

Yeah, I've seen what people here say and you way overblow it.
It's a total conversion mod not a mod you can add to other stuff. It has its own balance.
Flowerchild isn't that bad as you put him, he does have a short fuse especially with people being idiots (a lot of the Minecraft community) but I know he can be reasonable.
Anyways Remuthra do you play a lot? I used to play but now I can't because I don't have my computer. Did you see the new hats? :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:01:02 pm by Solymr »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: January 05, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »

No, it really is that bad.

It used to be compatible. Then Eloraam started putting things into Forge that were made for her mod specifically (not at all unreasonable; my modding scripts are almost always designed with something I'm doing in mind) and he threw a hissy fit, left forge, and said "fuck you" to every other modder by making his mod the only one designed to be exclusively incompatible with every other mod. You may notice that mod packs such as FTB have 3 or 4 total conversions at the same time and that BTW isn't one.

Because the Minecraft modding community sucks in general and FlowerChild is the poster boy of the worst it has to offer.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: January 05, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

I believe that another major part of the reason he stopped using forge was because Eloraam was taking things from mods, renaming them and then adding them to redpower with almost exactly the same functionality. Examples he gave were flax, pipes and most recently the windmill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: January 05, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »

Far be it from me to do things other people are doing. Oh, woe on those who decide that people don't have a monopoly on concepts.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: January 05, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

Yeah, perfect example of overblowing it.
And it's not just concepts, it was straight out ripping the mod and changing the name and taking credit.
And even if it's not the best course of action, incompatibility prevents the idiots wanting to play BTW with freeshit mod complaining.
BTW is for people wanting a challenge, not for people who want machines, weapons and diamonds flowing out of their ass. As DF players you should understand if you can't take the challenge DON'T PLAY.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4675 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

But BTW isn't even all that difficult compared to some of the mods I use... BTW is for people who are content with a single mod and can put up with crychild's bullshit.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: January 05, 2014, 03:34:55 pm »

What mods do you use and when was the last time you played BTW?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 05, 2014, 03:35:58 pm »

Not to mention Eloraam had all that functionality planned /before/ the other mods came out with it. As it turns out, it's hard to have completely unique ideas in a large group of modders! Who knew! Some other modders had problems with her there too - aaaand were able to clear them up with a simple civil discussion in which they discussed their future design plans for their mods.

I don't have a problem with him not going out of his way to make BTW compatible with other mods. It's a standalone mod, not meant to work with any others. Fine, I get that. I do have a problem with him going out of his way to make it incompatible with all others. I used to think he couldn't be nearly as bad as people said as well... Then I saw him pop onto the Forge IRC channel ranting. Is he a horrible monster, embodying all that is wrong with the community? No, that's ridiculous. But he is the most pompous self-righteous arrogant ass I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

...And as for the 'freeshit mod complaining', uh... If someone wants a challenge, and installs a mod that makes the game more challenging. They are not then going to turn around and install one that makes it easier. That kinda defeats the POINT. Flowerchild would have you believe BTW is the only non-broken mod in existence, that everything else ever is some sort of horrible easy-mode evil that he must protect you from. Which is ridiculous from the start.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:39:42 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4678 on: January 05, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »

What mods do you use and when was the last time you played BTW?
Eh, its been a while since I've played BTW I'll admit. I was turned off by his attitude shortly after he deliberately made the mod incompatible with everything.

As for what I play with, my 'challenge' build has IC2/gregtech and a bunch of mods to make combat and creatures harder such as infernal mobs, and a ruins pack which dots the landscape with traps.

When I did play BTW the 'challenge' was mostly just in doing the same things over and over for a long time before moving to the next stage.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: January 05, 2014, 03:38:26 pm »

Edit: The heck? First my post refuses to go through, then it does so twice. Gah!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 326