Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975182 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4650 on: December 10, 2013, 05:26:25 pm »

FTB just updated to 1.6.4. Direwolf 20 pack and another pack. The DW pack is pretty cool but the Horizons pack looks amazing, looks like the only thing it's missing is IC2, but  there's so much other stuff that I think I can overlook that. Lots of mods I've never even heard of that look amazing.
You can probably just drop IC2 in and have it work fine.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »

That was my plan. A few select tidbits from some of them:
Quote from: Advanced Genetics
Cow: Infinite Milk: every entity can now produce milk
Quote from: JABBA
Barrels automatically convert ores/ingots/dusts from one mod into another
Quote from: Random Things
This Block will allow you to use the texture of a liquid on a block
Quote from: Remote IO
no longer are you limited to only six sides.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4652 on: December 10, 2013, 05:49:44 pm »

Amusingly, all of those are mods I already use and have been for a while now.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: December 10, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

So I've put together a list of all the mods I want. Now are there any utilities that you would recommend in general for people to have? I think I remember mention of some sort of performance-enhancing mod somewhere in the thread, but I can't seem to find it.

So, yeah, just basic utilities, and I suppose if you have any mods that add cool stuff to the world that's not tech related (since I'm going for a non-technical world) let me know. So far the one's I'm considering, which I haven't even downloaded or checked for version compatibility are:
Spoiler: Mod Wishlist (click to show/hide)

Basically I took things from modpacks that I liked and got rid of things I didn't care that much about. Oh, also, I don't know how the underground and caves would would come out with terrain generation mods I want (assuming they all work together) but I guess it wouldn't hurt to let me know if anyone knows of any mods that improve Minecraft's cave generation substantially.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:46:35 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4654 on: December 10, 2013, 08:36:02 pm »

No Ars Magica 2?

And fyi Xeno's Reliquary had some weird and silly things in it last time I looked, including a pistol. Might ruin the flavor of your world for you

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: December 10, 2013, 08:51:27 pm »

No Ars Magica 2?
Added
And fyi Xeno's Reliquary had some weird and silly things in it last time I looked, including a pistol. Might ruin the flavor of your world for you
Yeah, but it can shoot magic bullets, and, as far as I know, can't be fired full auto, so it's not too tech-y for me (though I would prefer if it was single-shot or at least didn't use magazines, but I think that just makes it easier to code).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4656 on: December 10, 2013, 08:55:15 pm »

translocators are pretty magic-ish too. They're incredibly handy for moving things and are limited in that they can only move items from one inventory to another across a single block. I love em

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4657 on: December 23, 2013, 06:12:03 pm »

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:17:10 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: January 01, 2014, 10:36:11 am »

Need some advice regarding buildcraft pipes. Playing Tekkit Main modpack (I guess I could go ask on those forums) so there might be a few other kinds of pipes available to me that would simplify things, but that I'm not yet familiar with.

I have two systems, one to feed pulverizers and one to feed powered furnances. Is there a pipe system that I can set up that would allow me to dump anything that I want pulverized or smelted into the feeder chests, without having to set up much more complex system involving diamond pipe filters that each feed a particular pulverizer for a particular item? And without having to personally limit what I throw in the chests to prevent overflow (for example, no more than 64 of any given item per pulverizer).

I have a system that sort of works right now. The pulverizers are adjacent to each other and fed from the top. The center has a distribution pipe which sorts 1 down and 1 to each left/right pipe, which are iron pipes feeding down into their respective pulverizers. If the pulverizer is full or is processing a stack of something else, the stuff usually bounces back into the distribution pipe. However, this doesn't always happen. Sometimes things get expelled, but I'm not sure why. Sometimes things are happy to bounce around dozens of times, sometimes things get expelled on their first pass.

I'm hoping to eliminate that random factor and somehow set up a loop that will keep all pulverizable items in a loop until such time as a pulverizer is free and can accommodate them (if possible I'd also prefer it to sort items that aren't valid for the machines being fed, in case I accidentally throw something I didn't mean to into it, but I'm okay if that requires a much larger set up to get right).

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: January 01, 2014, 12:48:58 pm »

Logistics pipes. Educate yourself on them. Never go back.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: January 01, 2014, 02:57:20 pm »

Logistics pipes. Educate yourself on them. Never go back.
Yeah, I started watching Direwolf's LPs using them, and am not entirely sure how I could ever have got along without them.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4661 on: January 01, 2014, 02:58:39 pm »

There should be some sort of pipe, probably called an insertion pipe or something similar. What it does is try to insert into what it is adjacent to. With this you can just setup a row of macerators and then loop it back with the entry point being a iron pipe setup to keep it looping.
   But yeah, as frostshotgg said, if you have logistics pipes they are worth it. It takes some power to work but your already powering a lot of stuff and it doesn't take that much anyway. Also with logistics pipes you can set up a nice sorting system as well as an autocraft on request system. One nice thing you can do if tekkit has the enderchest mod (can't remember but probably does) is have a request pipe feed into an enderchest to which you have an enderpouch and then with a wireless requester have access to your full network of stuff at a moments notice. Though of course my knowledge on some of this might be a little out of date but I think it should be fine.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: January 01, 2014, 03:03:07 pm »

There should be some sort of pipe, probably called an insertion pipe or something similar. What it does is try to insert into what it is adjacent to. With this you can just setup a row of macerators and then loop it back with the entry point being a iron pipe setup to keep it looping.
I'm pretty sure that diamond pipes do that by default, also that Thermal Expansion has such a pipe, also that every other buildcraft pipe extending mod has such a pipe.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: January 01, 2014, 04:11:44 pm »

If you connect a cobblestone pipe directly to a machine so that items have no other directions available, the pipe will drop items to the ground when the machine is full. If you connect a cobblestone pipe directly to a machine so that items have another direction available, the items will sometimes go in this other direction without inserting into the machine, even if the machine isn't empty. You can loop the items back around so they will eventually always go into the machine, but that loop takes up a lot of space, and if you want to void the excess items or process them somewhere else instead of letting them cause tons of lag in an infinite loop, you'll need some complicated pipe gate stuff or similar which is always a bitch to set up. An insertion pipe would always try to insert the items into the machine first, and then send them away instead of dropping them, completely removing the need for all of the methods I detailed above.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4664 on: January 01, 2014, 04:57:31 pm »

Also I just remembered the easy way to get the items too loop with pipes and what not. You just have iron pipes on both sides of your chain pointing into the chain so they keep bouncing back and forth within the insertion space and doesn't require a full loop of pipes to cause a loop.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 326