Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975307 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4575 on: November 26, 2013, 02:11:31 pm »

Because why the fuck not?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I would have been reeeally impressed if you had managed to get the URL of the screenshot inside the same screenshot.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4576 on: November 26, 2013, 02:15:22 pm »

That would have taken effort.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: November 26, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »

That web display mod is incredible. If you had asked me if such a thing were credible, I would have been surprised. Incredulous even.

Please tell me you can use it to play a Vine of Minecraft gameplay.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4578 on: November 26, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »

heh... play infiniminer in minecraft.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: November 26, 2013, 04:30:06 pm »

...as of now you need to run over and bonk the link or textbox you want to interact with.

Well that's what I meant.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: November 26, 2013, 05:18:38 pm »

Forsaken I always watch your avatar. Now I know what people are complaining about when they mention mine.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: November 27, 2013, 04:22:01 am »

Anybody else tried the Zombie awareness mod? Due to the fact that most mods seem to add weapons and armor but not anything harder to the game I thought it would be a good way to increase the difficulty. Hoo boy am I satisfied! I had to keep outside dark, otherwise it attracts huge groups of zombies.

Also the blood is a nice touch...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4582 on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:39 am »

Forsaken I always watch your avatar. Now I know what people are complaining about when they mention mine.
Heh yeah, I've gotten a few messages about it now. Its fascinating.

Anybody else tried the Zombie awareness mod? Due to the fact that most mods seem to add weapons and armor but not anything harder to the game I thought it would be a good way to increase the difficulty. Hoo boy am I satisfied! I had to keep outside dark, otherwise it attracts huge groups of zombies.

Also the blood is a nice touch...
Looks like its not updated for 1.6.4, unless there is an updated file somewhere else?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:48:47 am by forsaken1111 »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: November 27, 2013, 09:49:34 am »

That web display mod is incredible. If you had asked me if such a thing were credible, I would have been surprised. Incredulous even.

Please tell me you can use it to play a Vine of Minecraft gameplay.
It's not actually too surprising, given some of the other stuff I've seen. One api I really like (though unfortunately is only 32-bit, and won't work with a 64 bit application) is Awesomium. It's actually a Chromium browser you can integrate into a C++ program, allowing you to both browse the web through the application and use javascript, html, css, flash, ect in order to create a UI. Which is hella awesome, since those technologies are great for quickly making UIs. Planetside 2 actually uses it for their UIs.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4584 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:43 am »

That's exactly what the web display mod uses too, which is unfortunate as it limits you to 1gb of RAM.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:32 am »

Ah, so it is.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: November 28, 2013, 12:58:54 am »

You know I don't think there is anything more frustrating than finding you let two mods both add their own copper and tin to world gen. I wish there was a mod that just added a lot of different metals, that way other mods could just use theirs and you wouldn't end up with four types of tin.

Oh wait, there is a mod like that called Metallurgy, and nobody uses it! Damn mod makers, you should distribute free content that satisfies my OCD about having only one type of each copper.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: November 28, 2013, 01:23:10 am »

Perhaps someone ought to create a DF-stone mod that includes the lovely exceedingly long list of minerals and layer stones available in DF. Then we can smelt cassiterite to our hearts' content, and build pretty alunite staircases.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: November 28, 2013, 02:44:56 am »

Perhaps someone ought to create a DF-stone mod that includes the lovely exceedingly long list of minerals and layer stones available in DF. Then we can smelt cassiterite to our hearts' content, and build pretty alunite staircases.
Mmm... Microcline..

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: November 28, 2013, 08:12:12 am »

It's called 'TerraFirmaCraft'. And yes, you can smelt cassiterite to your heart's content in a microcline bloomery (actually no more, since the devs did the research and found that there's a reason why the first metal we discovered a way of producing was bronze - smelting cassiterite actually requires much higher temperatures than those for making bronze).

Hell, I even have some screenies from an old Bay12 TFC server:

Whole album (three pics): http://imgur.com/a/oO47r#0

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 326