Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975624 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4395 on: October 06, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »

I'm using about 40 mods, one of them might be messing things up in some way. I get that they are rare but this is absurd!
Anyway, no config option to test it out. I'll try using the default world gen and see if that helps me.

Anyway, seems the Thaumium ingots don't melt down in the TCo smelter, so no thaumic gear anymore...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: October 07, 2013, 12:31:36 am »

I'm using about 40 mods, one of them might be messing things up in some way. I get that they are rare but this is absurd!
Anyway, no config option to test it out. I'll try using the default world gen and see if that helps me.

Anyway, seems the Thaumium ingots don't melt down in the TCo smelter, so no thaumic gear anymore...

I play in a 1.5.2 server and Thaumium doesn't melt either, you just use it in the Part maker thingy.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: October 07, 2013, 11:34:16 am »

So does Tinker's Construct plays well with Metallurgy? Or does it not really recognize the new metals?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:50 am »

So does Tinker's Construct plays well with Metallurgy? Or does it not really recognize the new metals?
You need Extra Tic for it to work properly, however it is still in alpha so expect some bugs.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08:32 pm »

Does anyone know how crafting works in TC4? The arcane workbench doesn't seem to talk to the crucible.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: October 07, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

They aren't supposed to. Read the fucking manual. It's ALL there in the thauminomicon.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: October 07, 2013, 02:40:09 pm »

Not in the parts I unlocked :P. My best guess is that you now need to harvest the crafting aspects from nodes?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4402 on: October 07, 2013, 02:50:31 pm »

Not in the parts I unlocked :P. My best guess is that you now need to harvest the crafting aspects from nodes?
It really is explained pretty well in the book.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: October 07, 2013, 05:04:45 pm »

There's tabs on the left side of the thing, you might have missed those - yeah, you can't get them to talk to each other, because the WAND holds the aspects the table needs. And yeah, the wand needs charged from nodes. All that's explained in there SOMEWHERE though, so if you haven't seen it you probably need to make sure to give the thing another look to be sure you understand everything.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: October 07, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

There's tabs on the left side of the thing, you might have missed those - yeah, you can't get them to talk to each other, because the WAND holds the aspects the table needs. And yeah, the wand needs charged from nodes. All that's explained in there SOMEWHERE though, so if you haven't seen it you probably need to make sure to give the thing another look to be sure you understand everything.
Ah, it's probably in that one section marked Node Tapping which I never bothered to unlock.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: October 07, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »

No. If it's something you can do right now, you definitely have the explanation available. Read better.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: October 07, 2013, 06:38:55 pm »

Psst.... Hey Max.... Think I can get a copy of your modpack???
Atm, Can't be bothered setting it up myself...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: October 07, 2013, 06:46:49 pm »

You need Extra Tic for it to work properly, however it is still in alpha so expect some bugs.
I've played around with it a bit and no apparent bugs. The reason it is still alpha is because you can't yet make the metallurgy ores into actual components, just use the smelter to melt them down and make the alloys, rather than due to bugs.

The TCo API allows for you to pretty easily add more metals to the smelter reactions list without fear of bugs. It is all those graphics for every single tool in every single metal that is slowing development.

Psst.... Hey Max.... Think I can get a copy of your modpack???
Atm, Can't be bothered setting it up myself...
You can once I sort out some of the nasty little item conflicts. Also still doing a lot of testing on Better Archery, not sure if I should leave it in. No known bugs, but still in bug testing alpha.

That and I want to get More Everything to add various aspects to mod items that would otherwise be unresearchable, and that is taking a little time. When I'm done it should be a really nice Thaumcraft pack though.

Debating if I want blood magic or not... Also forestry, just so I can add the magic bees in, but then I'm making this all fantasy themed, with no industry, so that is a little bit of a turn off. Lots of choices to make.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: October 07, 2013, 07:05:23 pm »

Don't forget that Gravestones mod I linked earlier.
Might be interesting to include there.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: October 07, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »

Umm, how many pages back was it?

On that note, apparently I am mistaken! Better Archery had an actual 1.6.4 release claiming to be stable and tested! Will have to see if it also works on 1.6.2, but if it does it is a shoe in.
I'll have to remember to disable some of the Ropes+ arrows, it seems a little silly to have two sets of arrows with the same effects.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 326