Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975778 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4320 on: September 22, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »

Ok, I've been running 4 different apiaries around a mix of birch oak and spruce trees, all close together. They have been running for several generations of bees, yet I see no different colored leaves. It's been so long I have to wonder if my game is bugged.

Did they increase the time it takes for leave to change? Is there any reason anyone can think of that would keep leave from appearing?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: September 22, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

put on spectacles.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: September 22, 2013, 05:43:35 pm »

PTW

My favorite mods used to be the Aether and Equivalent Exchange, but I can't find new versions of the Aether and the "new" EE is crap. My new favorite mod is Galacticraft.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: September 22, 2013, 05:49:56 pm »

I like Tinkers Construct myself. Really feels like a nice "overhaul" type system without doing anything to vanilla gameplay.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: September 22, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »

the "new" EE is crap.

You ever tried the old one on a server? It ruins the game completely. I've seen servers die due to EE2.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:32 pm »

EE2 was basically creative mode once you got your first few diamonds.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: September 22, 2013, 06:45:46 pm »

Depends on what you wanted to do with it. I kind liked the idea of having a kind of superior all-in-one set of armor and tools for convenient exploitation. Yes, it can be unbalancing if you use it that way; which is why I, at least, would have liked EE3 where the plan was to rebalance things a bit and go back to the older "alchemy-like" method and do away with collectors.

But AFAIK EE3 hasn't been updated in a year or more so EE2 is pretty much all we'll get. I don't know why the most recent [as of the last time I tried, a few months ago] Technic/Tekkit (whatever it's currently called) includes it when you can't really do anything with it.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: September 22, 2013, 07:22:55 pm »

Meh, I still miss it a lot. I always liked the feeling of when I finally got that next item. I also loved screwing with the magma amulet.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: September 22, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »

Oh, the items are returning I'm sure, and x3no's reliquary is pretty good. It even has the destruction catalyst!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: September 22, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »

Oh, the items are returning I'm sure, and x3no's reliquary is pretty good. It even has the destruction catalyst!
Ooooohhh. I assumed they weren't coming back because when I first got EE3, pretty much all that I saw in the creative menu was the philosoper's stone and a bunch of bags, and my friend said they were changing it completely.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: September 22, 2013, 07:43:12 pm »

I've been putting together a few mods for a fantasy kind of theme. Any advice on things to add, remove or any conflicts would be really handy. So far I have the following
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: September 22, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »

I've been putting together a few mods for a fantasy kind of theme. Any advice on things to add, remove or any conflicts would be really handy. So far I have the following
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Battle Towers?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: September 22, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »

Eh, if there was a symbol to control their spawning in mystcraft ages I would without question, but the inability to stop them from showing up is a turn off. I only let better dungeons in because I found out I could configure what biomes they show up in, and that was good enough for me.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: September 22, 2013, 09:35:44 pm »

PTW

My favorite mods used to be the Aether and Equivalent Exchange, but I can't find new versions of the Aether and the "new" EE is crap. My new favorite mod is Galacticraft.
you do know there a Aether 2 right?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: September 23, 2013, 07:48:43 am »

PTW

you do know there a Aether 2 right?
Please marry me.

EDIT: I tried it. It's buggy as hell. Quicksoil sends me rocketing through the air. There are no gold dungeons and I haven't seen any silver ones either. Cockatrice's wings spin around for no reason. Zephyrs fly way too fast. I can't figure out how to get the book of lore.

I love it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:06:23 am by IronTomato »
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 326