Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975993 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4185 on: July 05, 2013, 08:04:37 pm »

Minecraft is now at release version 1.5.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: July 05, 2013, 08:09:57 pm »

Actually, Minecraft 1.6 just came out.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: July 05, 2013, 08:17:18 pm »

Alright, so... Very outdated? Hmm... Any particular mods to recommend? I got this back in Alpha and haven't played in a long while, so I need to get back into the swing of things.
Check out the FTB modpack, it's really fun to play, although if you haven't played since Beta 1.3, the sheer amount of items and mods and processes and machines and power systems and stuff will be quite overwhelming. But since you're on this forum, you probably won't have any problems with overwhelmingness.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: July 05, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

Speaking of FTB for people who are a little intimidated to get started, Odedex is making a pretty cool series to introduce people to it. First video (Excepting the one about the launcher)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4189 on: July 06, 2013, 04:53:51 pm »

Alright, so... Very outdated? Hmm... Any particular mods to recommend? I got this back in Alpha and haven't played in a long while, so I need to get back into the swing of things.
Check out the FTB modpack, it's really fun to play, although if you haven't played since Beta 1.3, the sheer amount of items and mods and processes and machines and power systems and stuff will be quite overwhelming. But since you're on this forum, you probably won't have any problems with overwhelmingness.

FTB is awful, play Tekkit Main instead.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: July 06, 2013, 05:02:59 pm »

FTB is awful, play Tekkit Main instead.

y u do dis

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: July 09, 2013, 09:35:49 pm »

For those of you using 1.5.2 and looking for a RedPower 2 replacement, Project Red looks promising and has largely the same recipes, but it doesn't have the bluetric system or frames implemented yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: July 10, 2013, 05:12:33 am »

Fuck tech mods, play TerraFirmaCraft!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: July 10, 2013, 06:03:15 am »

Fuck playing, do cancer research! :D

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: July 10, 2013, 06:06:12 am »

I tried getting back into MC now that I have a computer that'll actually run it decently again; but every time I load it up with mods it blackscreens without an error report.  Bugs the hell out of me.  From what I understand, its how 1.5.2 handles things, since I haven't even touched v6 or later yet.  Not enough mods released for the new updates for my taste.  Oh well.  I'll lay off until things fill out for me again.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: July 10, 2013, 06:09:51 am »

Fuck playing, do cancer research! :D

Fuck cancer research, play! :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: July 10, 2013, 06:10:32 am »

Could be META-INF or mod incompatibility. Just use a modpack like Tekkit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: July 10, 2013, 06:16:06 am »

Nah, I've done all the right things.  The only problem is, my list of mods make Direwolf20's FTB pack look tiny by comparison.   Last count, when it was still on 1.4, was over 120 mods according to the Forge counter.  I know for a fact some of that was for Cores and the like; but meh, whatever. 

In all honesty, I'm into obsurd complexity.  Mixing magic mods with tech mods and Mystcraft to create entire worlds for nothing but large-scale mining and three or four lava worlds to power it all, automated factories and towers full of fuel and oil and all the other good stuff.  I still haven't gotten the chance to play around with Xycraft's tanks yet.  Those had me drooling in the mod spotlight.  Haha.  I'm definitely tired of building iron tanks; and even set up a computercraft bot to build them at max size, as far as the eye could see one time. That took some work. Haha.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4198 on: July 10, 2013, 06:22:53 am »

Forgive me but... if you're getting black screens you obviously haven't 'done all the right things'. I make packs with upwards of 150 mods working just fine together so it is possible. You just have to go methodically through and add them in small batches, running the Jar each time to ensure no errors crop up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:00 am »

What Forsaken said. There IS going to be something that's fucking up everything. It's been a while since minecraft gave error reports,  but there *should* be a way so it does give error reports.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 326