Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976082 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4050 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:09 pm »

If you're on FTB ultimate, and you don't mind the cost, Gregtech automation blocks are actually pretty good for that giant wall-o-machine effect. http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Electric+Automation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4051 on: May 21, 2013, 04:03:28 pm »

If you're on FTB ultimate, and you don't mind the cost, Gregtech automation blocks are actually pretty good for that giant wall-o-machine effect. http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Electric+Automation
Yeah but it sounds like he wants something useful and pretty to look at. The GT blocks are just faceless blocks.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: May 21, 2013, 04:11:04 pm »

Yeah but it sounds like he wants something useful and pretty to look at. The GT blocks are just faceless blocks.

Yeah, I want something a bit more than just a series of connected blocks.

I should figure out a way to work pistons into it somehow. Are there any machines that actually have moving parts other than the BC engines?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4053 on: May 21, 2013, 04:17:48 pm »

Yeah, I want something a bit more than just a series of connected blocks.

I should figure out a way to work pistons into it somehow. Are there any machines that actually have moving parts other than the BC engines?
Not that I'm aware of, but as someone else said you could just use conveyors/golems/pistons to make what LOOKS like a working factory. /shrug

Most machines are similar to the furnace where they do things 'inside' the block.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: May 21, 2013, 04:41:46 pm »

Set up something that uses frames. Those can look seriously epic.

EDIT: Oh, and infernal furnaces. Those too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4055 on: May 21, 2013, 04:51:51 pm »

I wouldn't touch frames with Elo having vanished. If you ever want to update your minecraft you'll lose redpower.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: May 21, 2013, 05:01:46 pm »

Eloraam isn't quite vanished. She said about 5 weeks ago that she wasn't dead and working on updating.
So about vanishing...  work project got crazy and burnout hit me.  Things seem to be settling down, but I don't want to jinx it this time.

With that said, I'm not retiring.

So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles.

I won't risk ETA predictions but the work project that dragged me away ended yesterday and I'm feeling like playing Minecraft again.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: May 21, 2013, 05:13:18 pm »

I wouldn't touch frames with Elo having vanished. If you ever want to update your minecraft you'll lose redpower.

Well..Redpower is already a fairly large part of stuff on this world. Not sure how I'll handle redpower going away if it doesn't end up updating.

Either way, it's not a huge issue for this factory. Either we stick with this world and redpower, or we end up having to start up a new world anyway.

That said, I've never actually played with frames at all yet, so I'm really not sure what I could do with them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: May 26, 2013, 01:02:23 pm »

Multi-block storage tanks are awesome. Well, at least they look cool.
Now to set up automated systems that look for lava and/or water... Hm.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: May 26, 2013, 01:25:42 pm »

An easy way to hunt for lava is set up a frame platform with a pump on it, and then have the pump run through a gold liquid pipe on one side, and a tesseract or a ender tank on another side. Have the pipe also run to the tesseract, and then put a gate on the pipe that detects a lack of liquid flowing through. When there's no liquid going through, have it move 16 blocks or so every minute. Put some block breakers in the front so it doesn't get stuck on a wall, and liquid voids across the top in case lava falls sneak in then want to melt your everything.

EDIT: And for water, really all you need to do is set up one of a gazillion systems to automatically generate water. If you REALLY wanted to be over the top, you could set up a deployer system to use cans on a water source then to a liquid transposer to unload it then pipe it to the tank.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:29:49 pm by frostshotgg »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: May 28, 2013, 03:34:10 pm »

Hey guys. I ain't getting much help from the FTB Forums on this so I thought I might ask if anyone here has any ideas...

I am currently trying to add some extra mods to the FTB 1.5.2 Beta Pack (with Greg Tech). Mainly Ares Magica. But when I do I get this...

I just do not understand these error reports...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4061 on: May 28, 2013, 03:42:57 pm »

Hey guys. I ain't getting much help from the FTB Forums on this so I thought I might ask if anyone here has any ideas...

I am currently trying to add some extra mods to the FTB 1.5.2 Beta Pack (with Greg Tech). Mainly Ares Magica. But when I do I get this...

Remove each mod one at a time until you figure out which one is causing the error.

It looks like either a problem with your buildcraft or a forge version mismatch but I'm no expert.

What was the last mod you added? Remove that and try it. Then the one before that. Etc

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: May 28, 2013, 03:48:16 pm »

Remove each mod one at a time until you figure out which one is causing the error.

It looks like either a problem with your buildcraft or a forge version mismatch but I'm no expert.

What was the last mod you added? Remove that and try it. Then the one before that. Etc
It comes as a pack. Ares Magicka was the last one I added. It apparently works with the Non Greg Tech pack though so I am highly confused on how much is effecting what. I'll see about updating Forge...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4063 on: May 28, 2013, 04:13:05 pm »

This is why I don't use other people's packs, generally. :)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: May 28, 2013, 05:09:53 pm »

This is why I don't use other people's packs, generally. :)
I only use them for the Configs tbh, Sometimes I just can't be bothered sorting out any conflicting IDs...
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 326