Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975968 times)

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4035 on: May 10, 2013, 08:52:22 pm »

^Holy what?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4036 on: May 11, 2013, 01:45:37 am »

Been looking through industrial craft, and it looks awesome. Anyone knows how far along the version for 1.5 is?

It's available on their Jenkins repo, which is here: http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: May 14, 2013, 05:07:26 am »

@the discussion a while ago about TFC and hermiting: I just learned that TFC SOMEHOW managed to make several types of machines work even when unloaded (since, since (ugh) the last update, Sluices were fixed to work like that too).

Which probably makes it more taxing on the hardware, but is somewhat nifty.

And now you know...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: May 14, 2013, 05:49:22 am »

@the discussion a while ago about TFC and hermiting: I just learned that TFC SOMEHOW managed to make several types of machines work even when unloaded (since, since (ugh) the last update, Sluices were fixed to work like that too).

Which probably makes it more taxing on the hardware, but is somewhat nifty.

And now you know...
I guess it works by comparing the game time at unloading and the game time at loading, and just calculating what would have happened if it had run in the time in between. Shouldn't be expensive at all if you consider that there's only so much they can ever do with what materials they are given, and that these machines don't interact.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4039 on: May 14, 2013, 06:01:08 am »

If that's true you'll just get bursts of lag when the thing loads instead of a little lag over time.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: May 14, 2013, 06:14:14 am »

If that's true you'll just get bursts of lag when the thing loads instead of a little lag over time.
Er, no? If you do all the calculations at once instead of once per tick, you can do some unreal optimization. Consider the Steve's Carts cart assembler, and what it would do (and probably does) after reloading:
Code: [Select]
elapsed_time = time_at_reload - time_at_unload;
remaining_time = ((remaining_time > elapsed_time) ? remaining_time - elapsed_time : 0);

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: May 14, 2013, 09:47:49 am »

I'm pretty sure that's how tree growth works in TFC, and it makes the most sense.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: May 14, 2013, 09:54:47 am »

Time to execute the next phase of my evil plan... MWAHAHA! MWAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!

So, what about the TFC server?

Mwhahaha.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: May 14, 2013, 10:03:53 am »

Since it sounds like there's some interest, I'll see if I can get one running by this weekend. I might not be able to play much, though.

It'll be based off of the Tekkit (or teknik or whatever it is) launcher, if you want to set it up ahead of time. I'll create a forum thread for it once it's up and running.
Is this up yet? Is it the 1.5.1 TFC too???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: May 14, 2013, 10:28:51 am »

Since it sounds like there's some interest, I'll see if I can get one running by this weekend. I might not be able to play much, though.

It'll be based off of the Tekkit (or teknik or whatever it is) launcher, if you want to set it up ahead of time. I'll create a forum thread for it once it's up and running.
Is this up yet? Is it the 1.5.1 TFC too???

Not running yet, AFAIK. As for 1.5.1: Yes, last time I checked it was for Hotfix 15 for the 1.5.1 release and that was a couple of hours after Hotfix 16 was released, so it's probably all up to date now (which is Hotfix 18, AFAIK the last one before a new, major release, which will introduce things that will extend Stone Age).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4045 on: May 14, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »

If it takes much longer I'll just make my own. Its not terribly hard to make.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: May 21, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »

Anyone have any good suggestions for stuff to make a factory look Industrial? (This is using Feed the Beast)

The idea is to have a factory that I can just dump everything off into. I want everything to either be processed or sent to a warehouse (with some stuff like cobblestone being split so some is processed in various ways and some just goes to the warehouse).

I was originally thinking of using golems and the MineFactory Reloaded conveyer belts and blocks, but I think that'll be a bit too inefficient. Especially since the Minefactory sorting blocks actually keep the item you use to set the sorting, which is a bit expensive for the rarer stuff I'd want sorted. And even advanced golems can't handle more than 6 types of objects, which just won't work. There are simply too many types of objects.

Applied Energistics is the best system for this sort of thing, but ruins the industrial vibe.

So, any of you done anything like this? Got any good suggestions?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4047 on: May 21, 2013, 02:16:03 pm »

Buildcraft pipes have always worked for me. Logistics pipes too if you want smart crafting and sorting.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: May 21, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »

If you want things to 'look' industrial, you can always add tubes and pipes that don't really do anything other than look pretty.  With golems, conveyor belts and a bit of ingenuity you could create a couple of synchronized assembly lines that do nothing but move around the same few blocks of cobble. The actual meat of your processing operation can then be handled by your AE system, which really can't be beat when it comes to storing and crafting. Making sure that the 'outsourced' bits of your AE system are in plain sight will also add to the factory look.

On that note, we need a block that emits a redstone single when there is a certain amount of lag on the server. That might be useful.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: May 21, 2013, 03:19:11 pm »

Hmm...

I suppose I could have golems and conveyer belts handle all the bulk stuff. Cobblestone, dirt, gravel, that sort of thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 326