Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975644 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3870 on: April 10, 2013, 12:17:03 am »

Gregtech is heavily flawed simply because of a lack of new features. It cranks up the progression difficulty, but doesn't really reward you for it, as it has almost nothing you couldn't otherwise get from easier mods (which are almost always included in the same packs). It basically just exists solely to screw with IC2 at this point in time. I'm not opposed to having an uber-hard endgame progression tree, but it needs to have end results which feel worth it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: April 10, 2013, 01:49:13 am »

Gregtech does add a few neat toys, although you wouldn't know it from what he says about them. I find it almost impossible to understand what he writes, and that comes from someone who had no problem with HAYO.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: April 10, 2013, 02:02:01 am »

I'm gonna watch you guys.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3873 on: April 10, 2013, 02:12:51 am »

Gregtech does add a few neat toys, although you wouldn't know it from what he says about them. I find it almost impossible to understand what he writes, and that comes from someone who had no problem with HAYO.
Whatdo youmean? His writingstyle is perfectlyfine, it's notlike spacesareusefulatall. Nowgo buildme amachinetodosomestuff.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:54 am »

Whatdo youmean? His writingstyle is perfectlyfine, it's notlike spacesareusefulatall. Nowgo buildme amachinetodosomestuff.

Great. Here comes GregMcCan'tWriteProperly. xD
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: April 10, 2013, 11:16:47 am »

Gregtech is heavily flawed simply because of a lack of new features. It cranks up the progression difficulty, but doesn't really reward you for it, as it has almost nothing you couldn't otherwise get from easier mods (which are almost always included in the same packs). It basically just exists solely to screw with IC2 at this point in time. I'm not opposed to having an uber-hard endgame progression tree, but it needs to have end results which feel worth it.

Yeah, I turned off the Gregtech recipe changes to the IC2 stuff. Making it so that you need some advanced machinery just to make a water or solar generator just makes things annoying, not really more 'advanced'. I'm cool with really advanced end-game stuff being difficult to make, but I enjoy being able to do basic automation fairly early on. It eases tedium and makes the game more fun for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: April 10, 2013, 11:29:00 am »

Intermediate energy is no problem with lava power, but I do agree that there should be an easier way to get energy before you get lava access that doesn't involve burning insane amounts of coal.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: April 10, 2013, 11:31:38 am »

I just built a huge tree-farm and used a lot of wood for my generator.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: April 10, 2013, 06:10:19 pm »

Great. Here comes GregMcCan'tWriteProperly. xD

Or maybe he is a germanspeaker and just keeps using compoundwords even in englishlanguage.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »

Charcoal and biomass factories are brilliant, especially if you use turtles to assist with the automation. They need some custom programming to get working, but they do an incredible job.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: April 10, 2013, 07:44:08 pm »

I semi-regularly keep up-to-date with the MindCrack guys in general and Zisteau in particular. In his most recent FTB video, he mentioned Eloraam disappearing off the face of the earth, which may or may not mean the removal of RedPower from future versions.

No matter your feelings for the person, the potential loss of this particular mod is sad.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3881 on: April 10, 2013, 08:01:30 pm »

No matter your feelings for the person, the potential loss of this particular mod is sad.
Eh... due to elo's lack of cooperation and inter-mod compatibility in redpower I've stopped using it in most of my builds so I wouldn't be adverse to removing it. More likely though someone will pick it up in a few months if she doesn't return and continue development.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: April 10, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »

The thing about RP2 going poof is that, while on it's own, there's really not a whole lot to do in it, it makes using other mods a lot easier and fun. If she does go poof, I seriously hope it gets maintained by someone else, hopefully someone less vitriolic to add-ons.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »

Or hopefully, someone will come up with a replacement that doesn't force us to replace chunks of map with ugly basalt and marble that crashes other worldgen mods.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3884 on: April 10, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »

The thing about RP2 going poof is that, while on it's own, there's really not a whole lot to do in it, it makes using other mods a lot easier and fun. If she does go poof, I seriously hope it gets maintained by someone else, hopefully someone less vitriolic to add-ons.
There are other mods that do most of the things RP2 does.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 326