Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975409 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3720 on: February 17, 2013, 02:38:14 am »

You can still spawn in a notebook in creative mode to give you all the pages. That hasn't changed a bit if you're impatient.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3721 on: February 17, 2013, 07:49:39 am »

Extremely hard to get and rare? I'm expecting 64 emeralds for the diamond ore one then.
What? The difficult thing will be finding a village with the symbol at all, I would think. There are a ton of pages.

And adding symbols like diamond ore cause massive instability.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: February 17, 2013, 07:59:16 am »

Would not industrious people just breed villagers and "discard" those with no new symbols for relatively quick and easy symbol finding?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: February 17, 2013, 08:02:48 am »

Extremely hard to get and rare? I'm expecting 64 emeralds for the diamond ore one then.
What? The difficult thing will be finding a village with the symbol at all, I would think. There are a ton of pages.

And adding symbols like diamond ore cause massive instability.

From what i've seen, villagers will get a new random page after a short time. So basically it's all about farming emeralds and then sitting next to the mystcraft villager cycling through his trades.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3724 on: February 17, 2013, 08:22:48 am »

Would not industrious people just breed villagers and "discard" those with no new symbols for relatively quick and easy symbol finding?
I guess you could. Is there an easy way to breed villagers and acquire emeralds for the trades?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3725 on: February 17, 2013, 08:28:12 am »

Damn near every village has at least one villager who'll trade wheat for emeralds, sometimes two of them. In a large biomes world you can typically find 4 or 5 villages in a plains biome. The trades tend to cap at about 8 emeralds, but with optimal conditions that can still be a stack. Of course, I have no idea how much the pages will cost, so a stack might be fuck all really.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: February 17, 2013, 08:56:45 am »

Same breeding program (a house of 1000 doors) can be used for generating mystcraft villagers and farmers that accept wheat or reed for emeralds. A system of safely getting rid of useless villagers can be more tricky.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:58:22 am by Another »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3727 on: February 17, 2013, 08:59:14 am »

Same breeding program (a house of 1000 doors) can be used for generating mystcraft villagers and farmers that accept wheat or reed for emeralds.
Cool. Mystcraft has never been a balanced mod though. Until he implements some kind of research mechanic or makes books cost more than leather + paper its never going to be.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: February 17, 2013, 09:07:05 am »

A Nether Star for every world you generate (assuming acquiring all symbols can be done without it) could be balanced. It is a whole new infinite custom-tailored world you are getting anyway.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3729 on: February 17, 2013, 09:09:47 am »

A Nether Star for every world you generate (assuming acquiring all symbols can be done without it) could be balanced. It is a whole new infinite custom-tailored world you are getting anyway.
True. Unfortunately now that you have to use a bookbinding table we can't even use custom recipes to limit book creation.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3730 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:17 am »

So speaking of villages. Does anyone know mods that make the vanilla villages less.. Well, crap?
I really liked what Better World Generation 3 did with them, but it doesn't work with latest Forge.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: February 17, 2013, 10:35:09 am »

A nether star is a lot tough, especially if your world can accidently be unstable and collapse.

That, and people will end up grinding the wither over and over.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: February 17, 2013, 11:09:54 am »

As far as farming villagers go, somewhere on Direwolf20's forgecraft series, there's a guy with a pretty crazy efficient villager farm.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: February 17, 2013, 11:14:43 am »

On the one hand, yes, that would 'balance' the mod.

...On the other, that's making the mod only usable by the people who like combat in minecraft. Which is rather counter-intuitive, given that it's a mod almost entirely for the exploration/construction side of things.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: February 22, 2013, 05:11:50 am »

So is there a mod out there which makes caves and lakes much rarer?
Also it would be nice if its customizable so that other mods which adds ores and/or other blocks are compatible with it.
Also, bigger mountans are always a plus.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 326