Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975187 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3615 on: January 20, 2013, 02:11:27 pm »

Without setting up something crazy like the enderman farm machine like they show on the mindcrack server, I'd just say go out into a nice open field/desert at night and just wail on things with a good weapon. I can get a good number of levels in a night of doing that.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: January 20, 2013, 02:20:59 pm »

So, I guess feathers just don't exist on flat worlds huh? Time to wait for EE to update.

You can make 32 feathers from 4 UU-Matter.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: January 20, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »

I enjoyed Tekkit, the subsidiary to Tecnik, for a long time, but I want to get back into it and I'm finding there's just too much redundancy and garbage, and it's rather out of date as well. So I'm taking Industrial Craft and getting out. I'm making my own modpack and I'm going to try to make it easy enough to implement that I can run a server with it. Right now the biggest problem is that I can't get Minecraft 1.4.6 anywhere.
If you just want to build your own mods, you can use MultiMC and just make a 1.4.6 version with it. If you want an alternative to Tekkit, you could try FeedTheBeast.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: January 20, 2013, 03:28:51 pm »

Right now the biggest problem is that I can't get Minecraft 1.4.6 anywhere.

I was gonna say, get MCNostalgia and downgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.4.6, but apparently the MCNostalgia server site is down right now, and it may not be updated for that particular downgrade yet anyway.

So just download the 1.4.6 minecraft.jar right from Mojang, and put it in the %APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin folder.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: January 21, 2013, 09:16:21 am »

Or you can use MultiMC v4.3.0+, it has MCNostalgia built in now. You can make new instances of any released version or snapshot since alpha.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:38 am »

You could also use the FTB launcher and download say, Direwolf20's modpack, which creates it as a seperate installation.  Its currently 1.4.6; and then just use the mods already in it as a base for what you want.  That's what I did.  Have 93 mods loaded up right now.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 21, 2013, 05:45:43 pm »

Without setting up something crazy like the enderman farm machine like they show on the mindcrack server, I'd just say go out into a nice open field/desert at night and just wail on things with a good weapon. I can get a good number of levels in a night of doing that.

Well my grinder allows me to be afk, so I can do other things, go back on minecraft, throw a potion, and gain 20 levels, and it's like fighting monsters at a monster spawner spawn rate. So yeah, running out into a field is dangerous and time consuming compared to this.

I was hoping more for a way to cause stuff to die that would drop exp. Then I could have the brain-in-a-jar's suck up all the exp for later.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: January 22, 2013, 12:07:18 am »

Okay... I've done a quick look-see and haven't found anything relevant, so perhaps someone here knows something.

I can think of a few clunky ways to do this with well known mods, but I was hoping for something that worked alongside the MFFS or perhaps something gregtechy(yes, I dislike a lot of it too, but I'm thinking what I want should have a high entry requirement including a ton of power usage) I know IC2 has a teleporter, and I know several mods have something akin to portals or gates, but I was hoping to find something that might teleport a structure and ideally any occupants inside said structure.

My fallback plan will probably be to just use a buildcraft builder to reconstruct something exactly as it was after I have something, perhaps a quarry or turtles remove it from the original location. that's all workable, but just a bit clunky for my tastes, so I was hoping someone might have knowledge of a mod I could look into.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: January 22, 2013, 05:43:16 am »

Well, RedPower frames don't teleport, but they do move constructions and people around. Alternatively, just build the same structure on both sides of your teleporter.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:50 am »

I think buildcraft has a filler type machine that can take apart your house in a much smoother fashion then a quarry. But yeah, building everything on those movable frames would probably be the only way to do it.

I wish there was a way to teleport structures.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: January 22, 2013, 09:52:44 am »

Latest version changed filler so it doesn't drop blocks now tho, just destroys 'em.

Guess too many people were using fillers as cheap quarries.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: January 22, 2013, 12:08:26 pm »

Turtles it is, then. But I'll have to make sure they interact well with modded blocks... Hopefully they won't machine block some of the IC2 stuff. And I probably won't be able to microblock anything... oh well.

As for the frames idea. They're just too slow and hard to build around. They're great for small tasks, say, doors or bridges, but when you're moving long distances and trying to build something big(with lots of wiring) around them so nothing breaks when it moves, they're just too much trouble.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: January 22, 2013, 12:09:41 pm »

Well, what are you trying to move anyway?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: January 22, 2013, 12:17:16 pm »

Nothing specific at the moment... ideally anything I feel like... but I know that's too much to ask. An early idea is just to have a sort of workshop I can move with me from construction to construction. Spurred on by how expensive IC2 stuff has become with certain mod packs. I'd rather not build some of this stuff more than once.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3629 on: January 22, 2013, 12:23:50 pm »

You could go with Mystcraft, and have a dedicated workshop age that you can portal into from any construction.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 326