Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975201 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3600 on: January 17, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »

But that requires the whole continent to be generated at once, doesn't it? You could probably do that though (generate chunks until you have water bounding everything) if you had small continents in an ocean.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: January 17, 2013, 03:23:12 pm »

Yeah, the DF approach seems to be the best so far...
Too bad it looks terrible in a 3D environment
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: January 17, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »

Not necessarily... The errosion and such could clean up quite nicely with some little hardcoded features like putting sand around water and such.
It's just that it needs a while to work on a defined area. Minecraft wants to be able to generate land piecewise. You could probably do it on island maps though.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: January 17, 2013, 03:49:21 pm »

Couldn't finite water be done by coding water to act like lava does, sans the superslow speed?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: January 17, 2013, 03:51:14 pm »

Couldn't finite water be done by coding water to act like lava does, sans the superslow speed?

That would be the opposite of finite water...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

It's a lot harder to get an infinite lava source than a water one though.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3606 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:34 pm »

By finite water they mean the mod which makes water into actual finite quantities which flows around. You're talking about removing the generation of new water source blocks, which is what I suggested. Even with that in place though, you have 'infinite' flowing water from a source block. You can fill an infinite amount of bottles, for example, and a single source block can water your farm forever.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: January 17, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

Given the way chunkloading mechamics and hte like work; I wouldn't even consider trying to do anything with finite water systems.  You'd drain your area of the map dry over time, and then whenever new chunks are loaded there would be hendously massive lag as the new water levels try to balance themselves out.  It makes me shudder just thinking about it.
The finite water mod found it's way around this problem by having only smaller volumes of water be finite. Things like oceans act as infinite sources like the edges of the map in DF.

Yeah, the DF approach seems to be the best so far...
Too bad it looks terrible in a 3D environment
I found the finite water mod water to be decent looking. I'm not sure it has pressure but the rest works the same as in DF with each block capable of containing varying depths of water.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: January 17, 2013, 08:13:30 pm »

Ok, I decided to play a superflat world on direwolf20's modpack. I realized that my life would be infinitly easier if I could get my hands on some feathers. Any ideas?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3609 on: January 17, 2013, 08:16:07 pm »

Chicken?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: January 17, 2013, 08:54:59 pm »

I have not seen a single animal spawn.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: January 19, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

Redpower question:  what are my options for transferring redstone signal between a bundled cable and redstone tubing or redstone tube frames?

I know about:
  • bundled cable -> insulated wire -> uninsulated wire -> jacketed wire -> redstone tube
  • bundled cable -> insulated wire -> redstone dust -> redstone tube

Are there any other ways?  Something tricky using a machine, maybe?

Also, is there any way to put, like, bundled cables or bluewire inside a frame?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:59 pm »

I believe you can use indirect power with them, put a cover on it, then put a redstone torch on the cover. So it'd be something like Bundled -> insulated -> uninsulated -> torch

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3613 on: January 20, 2013, 01:52:51 pm »

I enjoyed Tekkit, the subsidiary to Tecnik, for a long time, but I want to get back into it and I'm finding there's just too much redundancy and garbage, and it's rather out of date as well. So I'm taking Industrial Craft and getting out. I'm making my own modpack and I'm going to try to make it easy enough to implement that I can run a server with it. Right now the biggest problem is that I can't get Minecraft 1.4.6 anywhere.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: January 20, 2013, 01:57:58 pm »

So, I guess feathers just don't exist on flat worlds huh? Time to wait for EE to update.

Also, anyone know of a way to grind exp? I built a machine that collects zombies and brings them all to about 1 heart, but it takes time for them to build up.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 326