Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975099 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3555 on: December 31, 2012, 03:41:46 pm »

Have it so that you hit it with a tool or something to make it become a structure though. Not like how coke ovens and such work as if you try using them as decoration they constantly try to form coke ovens and take up resources doing so. You add it and someone will want to use it for decoration and I don't want to disappoint them. Also the hitting it with a tool would let you rotate it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: January 01, 2013, 05:57:45 pm »

So, does anyone know if the FTB Direwolf20 pack can be used for multiplayer?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 01, 2013, 08:26:50 pm »

So, does anyone know if the FTB Direwolf20 pack can be used for multiplayer?
In the FTB launcher you can filter mods by client/server. Normally it's set to client, but if you change that you'll find a server version of the DW20 mod pack.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44760587/forestry/changelog/1.7.0.0

New version of Forestry adds cross breeding of trees. Sounds pretty cool :D I wish Sengir would expand to other mobs like cows.

DW20 spotlight coming soon apparently.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:44 pm »

I wish Sengir (and others) would seperate their mods into mini mods and make it less dependent on stupid things like bees. I used to think bees were neat when they were just an alternative way of gaining otherwise gettable resources, but now that they're required to unlock certain parts of the forestry tech tree, it's just a pain. It's bad enough having to start over with every new world resource wise, but when you don't even have certain things unlocked (Like thaumcraft) that you've done in another world, it's just a pain to have to do it all again.

If changed just slightly, Redpower could work like this and be the perfect mod. (Stupid volcanoes and marble deposits)

Edit: Just noticed she combined several packs into one... wrong direction Eloraam...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:25:35 pm by sluissa »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 02, 2013, 03:35:43 pm »

Can't you just remake an overworld with mystcraft?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3561 on: January 02, 2013, 04:03:51 pm »

Edit: Just noticed she combined several packs into one... wrong direction Eloraam...
Not really, it was annoying enough having to wade through 7 adfly links, especially considering most of the packs were already dependant on each other anyway.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:42 pm »

Can't you just remake an overworld with mystcraft?

You could delete the overworld chunks (there are tools that do this, I think) while you and all your stuff sits in some Age. (remember to keep a linking book to the Overworld somewhere with you and to bring a linking book/descriptive book back to your age. Of course, it will reuse the same seed and look mostly identical except for whatever the mods changed, and some things (RP volcanos, cities in Millenaire, etc) don't depend on seed but are randomly generated when you walk into a new area.

There's also cheat commands that allow you to warp to a specific Age without the book, I think.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 02, 2013, 04:14:44 pm »

FTB sorta showcases my frustration with mods in a similar way. Most of the mods add an average of three ores, but there is only one thing in the mod I would ever use. And a few-dozen recipes that NEI needs to spend several seconds looking through.

Like, extra carts. Adds a ton of carts and oil ores to the world I will never use. I pretty much just want it for the airship.

I appreciate how Gregtech has most of its changes configurable instead of under one toggle. One or two good ideas in there I want to keep.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 02, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »

Which is good, because most of the shit in Gregtech is so FUBAR that you'll want to keep all of it off. The only reason I even bothered looking at it is because it adds something to IC2. IC was the shit when it came out, along with BC, and that's all there was, and I miss it. Now there's about a million tech mods that throw all semblance of balance out of the window in order to say "Hey look at me, I can do everything your mod can do, but you can do it all with wood and cobble and some redstone and about half a dozen special furnaces!" (Cough RP cough) or "Hey look at this, I make resources for completely free!"(Cough EE cough) There are maybe 2 or 3 modders that even consider balance, and all of them are stupidly whiny, like Flowerchild. So now the older mods like BC and IC sit there and are only used for 1, maybe 2 things at best (Like IC's godtier armor or BC's quarries). The only reason anybody uses them is because everything is an addon for them now.

Wow that got really off topic rant-y. What I was going to say is the a lot of things in gregtech are silly, so it's good that it can easily be disabled.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 02, 2013, 06:16:16 pm »

Appearantly people will always complain about something. A big part of the fun is using the mods to create things that are either massive in scale or scope; or set up in such a way that they combine various mod peices into a workable whole.

Alot of people tend to run through a mod form start to finish as if it were a DLC for any other game, hoping for enhancements and the like while ignoring everything else you can do with them creativity.  That isn't what MC mods are about, so you cannot lump them into 'once-you-do-this, the-mod-is-finished'.

Its all free-form creativity.  If you don't like it, get over it. There are dozens of different mods that respectfully do the same things, and each and every one of them is different.  Don't like it, don't use it.  End of story.

P.S.: If anyone is interested in magic-based mods, check out the Ars Magica mod.  Based on the pen-and-paper RPG, it founds the foundations that Thaumcraft used, as well as has permission from the copyright owners of Ars Magica to use their system. Really cool spells and toys and special effects.  I added it in today.  8)
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 02, 2013, 06:23:43 pm »

FTB sorta showcases my frustration with mods in a similar way. Most of the mods add an average of three ores, but there is only one thing in the mod I would ever use. And a few-dozen recipes that NEI needs to spend several seconds looking through.

Factorization is this mod for me right now. I really like the way it does automatic crafting and the packager is really neat. Other than that and maybe the barrels I doubt I'd use the rest. Leaves me wondering if it's worth installing.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 02, 2013, 06:25:14 pm »

Appearantly people will always complain about something. A big part of the fun is using the mods to create things that are either massive in scale or scope; or set up in such a way that they combine various mod peices into a workable whole.

Alot of people tend to run through a mod form start to finish as if it were a DLC for any other game, hoping for enhancements and the like while ignoring everything else you can do with them creativity.  That isn't what MC mods are about, so you cannot lump them into 'once-you-do-this, the-mod-is-finished'.

Its all free-form creativity.  If you don't like it, get over it. There are dozens of different mods that respectfully do the same things, and each and every one of them is different.  Don't like it, don't use it.  End of story.

P.S.: If anyone is interested in magic-based mods, check out the Ars Magica mod.  Based on the pen-and-paper RPG, it founds the foundations that Thaumcraft used, as well as has permission from the copyright owners of Ars Magica to use their system. Really cool spells and toys and special effects.  I added it in today.  8)

I just want RP2's nice wiring and compact logic stuff without all the other BS that comes along with it, is that too much to ask?

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

@Sluissa: Have you gone through the config file? You can turn off world-gen stuff and the like, and some mods offer the ability to deactivate entire parts of the mods.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3569 on: January 02, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »

I just want RP2's nice wiring and compact logic stuff without all the other BS that comes along with it, is that too much to ask?
So just add in the Core and Digital modules... you get the wiring and logic blocks and microblocks, no machines or anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 326