Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974922 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3480 on: December 17, 2012, 12:03:58 am »

What I miss more is vertical transmission, heh.

Omni directional trasmission and bundled cables and frames aaaah
I miss them

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 17, 2012, 12:23:00 am »

I don't miss frames too much. They were a bit OP, and changed the entire focus of the game on who can make the frame machine that destroy more of the scenery in a single movement...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3482 on: December 17, 2012, 12:27:05 am »

Yes you could do that with frames if you want to be boring and unoriginal. Or you could build a crazy contraption with them like a maze that can reconfigure itselfs.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3483 on: December 17, 2012, 12:32:57 am »

I don't miss frames too much. They were a bit OP, and changed the entire focus of the game on who can make the frame machine that destroy more of the scenery in a single movement...

They were OP? I remember some massive amount of investment and annoying fiddling with machines that went with it. Ah well. I personally would've liked it for doors and such, but never got the chance.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 17, 2012, 03:46:18 am »

Found an interesting mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1296367-145-mob-amputation-v1-blood-and-gibs-and-an-easter-egg/

Altough only covers Zombies, Zombie Pigmen and Skeletons so far.

edit:
Also, I am a bit disapointed that this particular mod isn't included in the list:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1119809-145sspsmpforge-torojimas-chococraft-238-explore-your-worlds-riding-chocobos/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:50:40 am by Ultimuh »

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 17, 2012, 05:05:45 am »

I feel like I'm about to kick the cr@p out of either my computer, or perhaps even Notch himself.  I got back into MC nwo that alot of the mods had updated to 1.4.5; only to find that the game runs so slow even with Optifine that its frustrating, regardless of what I do.

Base game without any mods = 14 - 17FPS.
Base game + Forge and Optifine ONLY = 22FPS.
Base Game + Various mods = 18FPS.
Base Game + Mods + Sphax BureBDCraft x16 = 9FPS.

I don't know what to do.  I've updated everything, disabled a bunch of stuff in the options, including partical effects and the like, and the FPS still won't go up, even with the render range at Tiny. 

Any help would be nice!
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 17, 2012, 06:09:49 am »

I feel like I'm about to kick the cr@p out of either my computer, or perhaps even Notch himself.  I got back into MC nwo that alot of the mods had updated to 1.4.5; only to find that the game runs so slow even with Optifine that its frustrating, regardless of what I do.

Base game without any mods = 14 - 17FPS.
Base game + Forge and Optifine ONLY = 22FPS.
Base Game + Various mods = 18FPS.
Base Game + Mods + Sphax BureBDCraft x16 = 9FPS.

I don't know what to do.  I've updated everything, disabled a bunch of stuff in the options, including partical effects and the like, and the FPS still won't go up, even with the render range at Tiny. 

Any help would be nice!

What kind of computer do you have (graphics card, processor, RAM) ? Is it a laptop or a desktop computer ?
I've checked my FPS and the various options don't do much except the "Performance" one. Using "power saver", i'm at 36 FPS, with "balanced" i'm at 125 FPS and with "max fps" I can go as high as 200+ FPS if i turn everything down. The Vsync also decreases my FPS to match my screen framerate but that's to be expected.

Of course this number changes as soon as i start moving, but that's what i get when not moving inside a cave.

If you're using a laptop, make sure that it's not in power saving mode, if you're using an old computer i'd advise using "Graphics :fast", "Smooth lighting : off", "3d anaglyph : off (this one's useless of course), "Particles : Minimal", "Fullscreen : off", "Render distance : Normal", "Performance : Max FPS", "Advanced OpenGL : off (not 100% sure about this one)", "Clouds : off" and "Vsync : off".

Maybe start with removing "Sphax PureBDCraft". I'm not using Optifine so i can't give you advice on it though.

Other than that there's not much i can think about. Knowing if you have similar problems with other games could help.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3487 on: December 17, 2012, 06:28:10 am »

Your base game with optimization of the settings runs at 14-17 fps (at least I am assuming thats what you tested)? Going by that adding optifine improved your FPS by quite a bit, especially going by the low end of 14 with an improvement of 57% and even the high end of 17 was improved by 29%. Then you say you added various mods and got 18 fps and I can't really make an opinion of this as you don't tell us which mods. Finally you tell us that adding a texture pack makes the game go slower then ever. I am sorry but I can't do miracles, mods make the game run slower some more then others and texture packs can just wreck your fps.l
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 17, 2012, 06:47:39 am »

Desktop computer, 8GBs of RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 3.4GHz processor.  I used to be able to play MC with almost the exact same loadout in 1.2.5 at 32FPS, even with the texture pack.  As for the mods, I got Buildcraft, some Code Chicken (NEI), Forestry, IndustrialCraft, Runic Dust, EE3, Mystcraft, and Thaumcraft 3.  Rei's Minimap, crossbow mod, backpack, elevator, inventory tweaks, iron chest mod, laser mod, more stackables, portal gun, railcraft, steve's carts, teleportation stones, traincraft and Timber! mod.   Along with the general add-ons and whatnot.

It just doesn't run very well.  MC without any mods engages all four of my CPU cores roughly 80%, but is still as slow as the dickens. Optifine helps, but MC is too bloody ugly without a texture pack, and I used Sphax before.  It just makes me want to strangle someone now.  I half think its due to that darned internal server system MC has these days.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 17, 2012, 07:22:12 am »

Try different optifine versions (smooth, standard, etc)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 17, 2012, 10:42:10 am »

The forum page for Optifine only has the light, standard, and ultimate versions available.  I haven't been able to find any of the others.  But I'm off to bed.  Perhaps something would have changed while I snooze, although I doubt it.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3491 on: December 17, 2012, 10:46:08 am »

Desktop computer, 8GBs of RAM, AMD Phenom II x4 3.4GHz processor.  I used to be able to play MC with almost the exact same loadout in 1.2.5 at 32FPS, even with the texture pack.  As for the mods, I got Buildcraft, some Code Chicken (NEI), Forestry, IndustrialCraft, Runic Dust, EE3, Mystcraft, and Thaumcraft 3.  Rei's Minimap, crossbow mod, backpack, elevator, inventory tweaks, iron chest mod, laser mod, more stackables, portal gun, railcraft, steve's carts, teleportation stones, traincraft and Timber! mod.   Along with the general add-ons and whatnot.

It just doesn't run very well.  MC without any mods engages all four of my CPU cores roughly 80%, but is still as slow as the dickens. Optifine helps, but MC is too bloody ugly without a texture pack, and I used Sphax before.  It just makes me want to strangle someone now.  I half think its due to that darned internal server system MC has these days.
Tried enabling Open GL Fast and reducing all of the special graphical settings?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:32 am »

Make sure you have an updated version of Java and have it set to the proper version for your machine.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3493 on: December 17, 2012, 11:12:12 am »

And rub cheetah blood on your processor too.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 17, 2012, 11:41:40 am »

The forum page for Optifine only has the light, standard, and ultimate versions available.  I haven't been able to find any of the others.  But I'm off to bed.  Perhaps something would have changed while I snooze, although I doubt it.
I was just saying that you should try different versions, i was trying to remember some of them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 326