Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974926 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3465 on: December 12, 2012, 12:01:34 pm »

Whee, the dorfiest of all MC mods has been updated with neat new features! TerraFirmaCraft: at fucking least including woodworking: because sitting in a stone throne next to a stone table on a stone floor gets boring. Also included: Detailing mode - remove 1/512 of a block at a time, for all your Stone Detailing needs!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: December 12, 2012, 12:02:30 pm »

Detailing mode - remove 1/512 of a block at a time, for all your Stone Detailing needs!

Oooooooohhhhhhhh

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: December 12, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »

Tested it. However, the plank-placing (as in, a new feature when you add single planks to a blocks) needs a fix ASAP - if you make a small dent, such as by chisel, you can apparently place a plank there, removing the block instantly. Still, the possibilities of constructions are now increased by about all the percents there are.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: December 12, 2012, 12:40:46 pm »

Wasn't the mini-blocks mod already made? I remember it being on the MC community front page some time ago. It had working redstone too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:20 pm »

It was, I used to play with it once. The TFC version is done differently though, with a chisel and a hammer, but the principle is the same: it breaks the block down to 512 mini-blocks you can destroy. Redstone is hardly common in this mod, so I can't really tell if it works.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: December 12, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »

A roomfull of idiots agreeing on something does not make it true, nor does it strip other citizens of the obligation to call the idiots out as such and/or thwart them.
Of course it does. If all of america suddenly decides Romney is president, he effectively is. He may not hold the actual office, but he is.
This is more equivalent to all the students in a single classroom deciding that they're in charge of the school. One crazy little forum is rather different from all of the internet agreeing with them.
Except that those few crazy forums are the main ones for minecraft, and mods, in general.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:02 pm »

Ok, I don't get why my watermills aren't working. I have 2 towers of 3, with water covering at least 4 sides of each. Copper wires are connected from the mills to a bat box. The power of the bat box isn't going up.

Nevermind, I remembered that copper wire isn't right anymore.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:02:15 pm by Micro102 »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3472 on: December 15, 2012, 03:47:57 am »

My 19 LP video of me playing on Forsaken's server is up Here. It has my automatic ore processing system which uses logistics pipes and factorization with me explaining how it works and why I did some of the things I did with it. Basically the system will, though slowly, take my gold, silver, iron, tin, and copper ore and ~triple my end products as well as provide lead cause thats how factorization rolls with silver.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: December 15, 2012, 03:58:29 am »

I found a nifty little mod called Ars Magica.

As you can guess, it's all about magic, discovering spells and casting them, and building magical contraptions. It seems to have a focus on exploration and combat, with a bunch of new mobs and some new dungeons you can explore to find nice stuff. You also can trade experience levels to get magic levels (mostly you get a bigger mana pool). I haven't played a lot of it yet, but it's definitely interesting. People seem to enjoy playing it with Thaumcraft, and it's even possible that it will integrate Thaumcraft's research system in the future (it's still in beta).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: December 15, 2012, 06:30:11 am »

It makes expirience USEFULL?

Ars Magica for mod of the year.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: December 15, 2012, 09:23:19 am »

Right I'm tired of waiting for RP2, are there any redstone improvement mods (like taking that 8 block distance thing it has) or any similar ones? I remember the greenwire mod, is that any good?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3476 on: December 15, 2012, 09:27:27 am »

Right I'm tired of waiting for RP2, are there any redstone improvement mods (like taking that 8 block distance thing it has) or any similar ones? I remember the greenwire mod, is that any good?
Greenwire is pretty nice but I dislike its approach. It removes wires almost entirely from the block paradigm of minecraft.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:49 am »

Aye it did seem a little weird when I watched DWs mod spotlight, I think I'll give that a go and see how we go with it

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3478 on: December 16, 2012, 04:19:32 am »

The biggest problem is that RP was so good no one bothered making something similar so much so that the closest thing we have is the greenwire stuff. I can honestly say that its put together better then most modern games are let alone mods for games.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: December 16, 2012, 01:38:08 pm »

What I miss more is vertical transmission, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 326