Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974756 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3300 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50:29 am »

So anyone else mildly excited about the FTB modpack release coming up? A friend of mine is interested in doing the FTB tourney map. Are they releasing the map as well? It seems like it but the site is a bit vague.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: November 09, 2012, 08:08:28 am »

Considering all the TECHNEC SUCKS ILLEGAL MODPACK FTB RULZE YOU BASTARD FUCKER BASTARDS I've had to deal with, my excitement has been tempered somewhat :P
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3302 on: November 09, 2012, 08:11:25 am »

Considering all the TECHNEC SUCKS ILLEGAL MODPACK FTB RULZE YOU BASTARD FUCKER BASTARDS I've had to deal with, my excitement has been tempered somewhat :P
I've nothing against technec personally, I just dislike the launcher. That is mostly because I am one of those odd souls who enjoys installing things manually, so I can install it the way I want.

FTB will also be using a launcher, which bugs me, but I really want the FTB map.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3303 on: November 09, 2012, 08:14:34 am »

Sounds like some distilled internet stupidity right there. Of course nothing is going to cure it because they are incapable of understanding the whole thing and trying to explain it would just make a group break off who are shouting some new stupid thing.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: November 09, 2012, 08:57:32 am »

I really haven't heard much about the FTB modpack, but yeah, if it's using a launcher, no thanks. I don't have any problem with technic either, as an idea, just the launcher bothers me. Those sorts of mod packs also seem to just have too much in them. I end up disabling a good chunk of what's there... and when I do that... and the fact that a lot of the mods are slow to update in those packs... it just gets to the point where I might as well do it myself. MultiMC makes it far too easy to just customize my own instances.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3305 on: November 09, 2012, 09:10:06 am »

Indeed. When I did try technic I ended up pulling all of the mods out myself and installing them into my own instance using MMC and just importing the configs. Seems like a silly amount of work when you could just use the launcher I guess but I have instances in MMC stretching back to 1.8.1 and I like having them all in one place with all of my old worlds there and the correct versions of the mods installed so I can go in any time and play any version. I also didn't want a few of the mods from technic, so was able to leave those out easily and customize the item/block ID's to allow some other mods.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:36 pm »

Put a dispenser here!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3307 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22:24 pm »

FYI, I found a 1.4.2 logistics pipes branch being maintained by someone as well. Logi pipes are a good stopgap with redpower being unavailable. I have not tested it yet, but will report back when I do.

http://ci.thezorro266.com/job/LogisticsPipes/

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:28 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: November 09, 2012, 04:46:15 pm »

Drop a crapton of ore and charcoal in the top until it's full totally and then you wait a bit (stoke bellows for faster melting), put a clay mold thing in the slot and wait a while for metal to come pouring out.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: November 09, 2012, 07:15:02 pm »

Don't know if they fixed it in a newer version, but in the server, bloomeries have to face South or they rotate and disappear (since the new orientation can't find the required adjacent blocks).

The correct way to use it is to drop the same amount of ore and coal, plus one or two coal (one for basic metals, two for copper. three if you're using bellows or if it's a cold climate). Then wait for ore to melt, one mold holds 2 kg. You don't have to place it beforehand, only when there's any molten metal.

Dropping either ore or charcoal should instantly transform into that glowy molten looking block. If it doesn't, it's not working properly. If using a full height 6 bloomery i don't recommend more than 16 total ore at a time, or you won't have room for enough coal.

I recommend putting a single charcoal in and wait to see if it disappears before dumping tons of ore :P
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:18:01 pm by Sergius »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: November 09, 2012, 08:53:01 pm »

Actually, in a full size bloomery, you can only fit exactly 90kg of each, even if there's space left.

By the way, you can get a preview of the FTB launcher here: http://feed-the-beast.com/beta/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:52:52 am by Peewee »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: November 10, 2012, 06:56:58 am »

What is Feed The Beast about?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3313 on: November 10, 2012, 07:33:19 am »

What is Feed The Beast about?
Essentially you have a map with very limited resources and extremely complicated objectives. You often start with nothing more than some lava, some water, some dirt and a single tree. The rest of the map is empty space except for the monument. The monument tells you what all you have to build. As you make the things required, you get rewards which help you make the next objective, and so on until you complete the map.

It's a lot of fun trying to do the stuff with limited resources, especially in multiplayer with friends.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: November 10, 2012, 07:40:33 am »

Oh
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 326