Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974885 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3225 on: October 31, 2012, 10:21:11 am »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3226 on: October 31, 2012, 10:27:28 am »

Also the thaumcraft stuff looks amazing.

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_CKt7DV5mc
Well yes, I saw that a while ago but I was talking about the TC3 alpha they're using in direwolf's series where he's going through the research system and such.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3227 on: October 31, 2012, 10:53:57 am »

Has it changed from "Set up reed farm, pipe in infinite paper" ?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3228 on: October 31, 2012, 10:57:16 am »

Has it changed from "Set up reed farm, pipe in infinite paper" ?
It's changed radically. Every item in minecraft has several aspects, and to unlock a recipe you must research items with those specific aspects. Its no longer just 'dump in cobble, walk away for 12 hours'. (I actually had my old one hooked up to a cobblegen. :P )

Watch the video Sergius linked and you'll get an idea of the system.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3229 on: November 01, 2012, 10:23:58 am »

Yeah, the old system was really bad, you did not even really need infinite cobble, just enough brain in jars. After a certain point re-researching fragments would end up giving more back then you put in. The new system as shown in Direwolf's Lets Play is a good bit different and seems like it might require actual thought to research it all.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3230 on: November 01, 2012, 10:26:18 am »

Yeah, the old system was really bad, you did not even really need infinite cobble, just enough brain in jars. After a certain point re-researching fragments would end up giving more back then you put in. The new system as shown in Direwolf's Lets Play is a good bit different and seems like it might require actual thought to research it all.
Most importantly, you cannot 'automate' research. You can't just drop in a stack of items and a stack of paper and walk away while research happens. It takes thought and interaction.

King Lemming

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: November 01, 2012, 11:40:41 am »

Right now I'm doing the "item that holds X liquid represented as damage", still kinda needs to turn to a separate item ID depending on whether it's empty or holding a particular liquid.

HOWEVER, the way liquid managers are made, I can't find a way to handle right clicking on a tank, for example. So I'm going for the "machine that fills/empties the portable tank" approach. It's basically a block that you can pump liquids into/out of (via BuildCraft pipes), and will have a slot where it "recharges" your tool like it works with the BatPack in IC2. I'm calling it a fuel pump for now. Most of the functionality (internal tanks, input output) is a part of the buildcraft "api"... I'd just need to handle the "tool" charging itself.

The good thing is that BC is open source, so I can look at how other machines work, such as how engines load fuel/oil and water on two separate tanks.

Also, it seems that the "disappears if discharged" is a function of the object itself and not whatever you click on. Essentially, when you right click on a tank, for example, it gives the order to "disappear" to the item... and buckets just happen to spawn an empty one when that happens, or something. So, fuel cells don't spawn empty cells, period. Not sure how to override that.

I'm also going to see if it's possible to handle right clicking on the liquid blocks themselves, it would be interesting to be able to manually remove lava directly into one of these.

Sorry to necro-quote (is that a thing?), since I know this was posted a couple days ago. I get busy.

Also, sorry for being lazy and never registering up until now - I used to play DF quite a bit, even played Minecraft for a while once upon a time.

So for anyone who doesn't know, I'm the primary coder of Thermal Expansion. :) And occasionally I search around the interwebs to see if people have comments / complaints / whatever about my mod. This thread has cropped up a couple of times, and I'm glad people seem to like it.

Anyways, I saw this and not to be too shamelessly self promoting, but here you go:

http://thermalexpansion.wikispaces.com/Liquid+Transposer

Any liquid, any container, any quantity. Fill or empty. Also comes with all of the reconfigurable goodness of every other machine in TE. It'll automatically make a recipe for any item associated with the BuildCraft liquid manager, or you can use the API to register your own. :) Just food for thought.

Also, for anyone interested in modding, give me a yell and I'd be happy to share what I know. And I appreciate comments / complaints / suggestions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: November 01, 2012, 11:47:43 am »

It's King Lemming, we're in the big leagues now :P
*Hugs*

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:51 am »

has anyone tried going to thaumcraft 3's page my browser is having a fit when i try to go there saying that there is malware in the coding of the page
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3234 on: November 01, 2012, 11:59:24 am »

has anyone tried going to thaumcraft 3's page my browser is having a fit when i try to go there saying that there is malware in the coding of the page
What browser do you use? I have no issues.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: November 01, 2012, 11:59:49 am »

Not really, I already gave you my thoughts over on the PA forums buddy. You do good work.

(I would also debate the old Thaumcraft system being bad, it really depends on what you want from the system. I kinda feel modded minecraft gameplay works well with systems you can set up and let run while you do other things like designing other complex crap. I'm not really looking forward to the new alchemy system unless there are higher tier objects that make it less time-consuming)
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: November 01, 2012, 12:00:27 pm »

firefox, but its a older version though ( im at work ) and its nto jsut thaumcraft 3 its the whole minecraft forums which is coming up with a malware warning ( this was not there yesterday )
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3237 on: November 01, 2012, 12:01:33 pm »

firefox, but its a older version though ( im at work ) and its nto jsut thaumcraft 3 its the whole minecraft forums which is coming up with a malware warning ( this was not there yesterday )
You can very likely ignore it as a false positive then.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: November 01, 2012, 02:56:34 pm »

Loads of people are getting it. People say it's probably a banner ad distributing malware.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3239 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:58 pm »

Neat. I've gone there a few times though and no malware. I did a few scans and don't see anything.

Edit: Then again, I have banner ads blocked.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 326