Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974949 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3165 on: October 20, 2012, 01:58:29 pm »

RP frames can even move pumps, too.  There's nothing stopping a mobile flaying oil rig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: October 20, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »

I realized something that would be super useful, would be a portable water/fuel tank.

Instead of having 30 buckets of oil or fuel in your inventory, have a thingy that holds as much water as one of those Buildcraft tank blocks. Maybe lava too... maybe not. But it only works to load and unload from tanks. Or even a special kind of machine block.

I wonder how hard it would be to mod? BC after all is open source...

A sort of backpack and special water gun like the concrete spraying thing in IC2?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: October 20, 2012, 02:15:55 pm »

Railcraft has a tank cart, Redpower frames should be able to move tanks too.

You still end up laying lots of tracks for what is essentially a one-off (oil springs are depleted QUITE fast). Plus the whole autoloading/unloading thing since each cart holds what, one tankful? (not to mention, might as well just run a pipe all the way to the destination :P)

RP frames can even move pumps, too.  There's nothing stopping a mobile flaying oil rig.

Frames are an entirely different beast. They are also immensely slow, some maps have oil VERY far apart. Plus the whole installing redpower, learning how 2 frame, etc. In the end, no different than saying "well, you can use advanced solar and that Forestry engine that uses IC2 power you get infinite energy and don't need to worry about fuel at all." That is not the point.

This is a much simpler concept that would need nothing except Buildcraft. The closest thing in usefulness would be liquid teleport pipes. But maybe people want to lug around filled tanks manually for whatever reason?

I realized something that would be super useful, would be a portable water/fuel tank.

Instead of having 30 buckets of oil or fuel in your inventory, have a thingy that holds as much water as one of those Buildcraft tank blocks. Maybe lava too... maybe not. But it only works to load and unload from tanks. Or even a special kind of machine block.

I wonder how hard it would be to mod? BC after all is open source...

A sort of backpack and special water gun like the concrete spraying thing in IC2?

Sorta, a fixed "machine" that loads/unloads the liquid. Like IC2's canning machine I guess (just for incovenience's sake I guess), or putting a batpack on the top/bottom slot of a batbox to charge/discharge. Or just right click with the portable tank on a BC tank if people think it's too much of a hassle.

A gun, however, could serve a different additional purpose if the tank also doubles as a backpack... think flamethrower.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:28:43 pm by Sergius »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: October 20, 2012, 02:27:13 pm »

A buddy of mine started a mod where buckets can hold multiple source blocks, but it doesn't quite go where we want it to go. It's like the concept for the IC cells, except not using a limited resource every time you want to empty them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: October 20, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »

I like frameship oil drills because you can put the refinery on it and just go there, make Fuel, and come back!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: October 20, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »

A buddy of mine started a mod where buckets can hold multiple source blocks, but it doesn't quite go where we want it to go. It's like the concept for the IC cells, except not using a limited resource every time you want to empty them.

Yeah, the whole "disposable tin cells" just so you can stack water/lava "buckets" is a bit annoying... AFAIK you can't even empty them once filled either, only use them as fuel or turn them into h-cells.

I like frameship oil drills because you can put the refinery on it and just go there, make Fuel, and come back!

I like frameships too, I'm just thinking about a way to make "vanilla" Buildcraft fuel production more relevant without making it obsolete or making anything that complicated.

EDIT: Also you can't move frameships between dimensions ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:35:07 pm by Sergius »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3171 on: October 21, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

Hmm, technically tin cells are a way to carry lots of liquid but the whole unable to get the source block back afterwards makes it not fit what you want. How about instead of a mod that lets you carry lots of liquid instead its a mod that adds a machine that de-cells liquids and gives you back the tin cell. The machine could be slow unless you add power to it so that its not too broken or maybe a chance to not get the cell back.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: October 21, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

Or it could just be a wet-vac tool that uses damage values to determine how much liquid it's holding. Keep it simple.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: October 21, 2012, 05:26:02 pm »

Right now I'm doing the "item that holds X liquid represented as damage", still kinda needs to turn to a separate item ID depending on whether it's empty or holding a particular liquid.

HOWEVER, the way liquid managers are made, I can't find a way to handle right clicking on a tank, for example. So I'm going for the "machine that fills/empties the portable tank" approach. It's basically a block that you can pump liquids into/out of (via BuildCraft pipes), and will have a slot where it "recharges" your tool like it works with the BatPack in IC2. I'm calling it a fuel pump for now. Most of the functionality (internal tanks, input output) is a part of the buildcraft "api"... I'd just need to handle the "tool" charging itself.

The good thing is that BC is open source, so I can look at how other machines work, such as how engines load fuel/oil and water on two separate tanks.

Also, it seems that the "disappears if discharged" is a function of the object itself and not whatever you click on. Essentially, when you right click on a tank, for example, it gives the order to "disappear" to the item... and buckets just happen to spawn an empty one when that happens, or something. So, fuel cells don't spawn empty cells, period. Not sure how to override that.

I'm also going to see if it's possible to handle right clicking on the liquid blocks themselves, it would be interesting to be able to manually remove lava directly into one of these.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3174 on: October 25, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

Here is a good shot of Elo's engine that makes BuildCraft power from RedPower energy in Direwolf's most recent Server video.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: October 27, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »

IndustrialCraft² for MC 1.4.2 has entered open beta.  (And has had bugfix releases at least twice -- upgrade if you downloaded yesterday!)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:22:27 pm by 0x517A5D »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: October 28, 2012, 07:16:45 am »

Terrafirmacraft updated for 1.4.2.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: October 28, 2012, 07:23:12 am »

I'll clean up the OP a little as soon as I come back from pretending to be a valuable member of society. (work)
*Hugs*

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: October 28, 2012, 10:17:46 am »

SOMEONE GIVE ME A MIRROR OF MINECRAFT FORGE PLEASE.

The site is down. And the idiots didnt leave a cached version.
For 1.4.2 please.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3179 on: October 28, 2012, 10:24:22 am »

SOMEONE GIVE ME A MIRROR OF MINECRAFT FORGE PLEASE.

The site is down. And the idiots didnt leave a cached version.
For 1.4.2 please.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9910241/minecraftforge-universal-6.0.1.343.zip

That is the latest version I have.

Also this seems to be up: http://files.minecraftforge.net/

btw If you're still on minecraft 1.3.2 use forge version 4.2.5.303 or so
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:40:40 am by forsaken1111 »
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 326