Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 974972 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3150 on: October 19, 2012, 04:05:32 am »

What a fucking hypocrite. I hope ude from BC whoops her ass just because she whooped that other guys ass for doing that mod.
I'm confused as to why you think she's a hypocrite. From the start the reason she didn't want immibis' version online is because she had plans for her own version.
What if they had 'plans for their own version' of this to be added to Buildcraft? I wonder if she checked with them first.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: October 19, 2012, 04:13:11 am »

That's a fair question but I was under the impression that modding BC was completely open.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3152 on: October 19, 2012, 04:14:50 am »

That's a fair question but I was under the impression that modding BC was completely open.
I was just explaining why DrPoo may think she is a hypocrite, as she went ahead and unilaterally developed her own power conversion mod while raeging at anyone else who had the audacity to do so.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: October 19, 2012, 04:51:41 am »

I must be dense but I don't really see how adding a feature to the mod, which was planned for a long time, after stopping immibis from providing a mod with the same feature is hypocritical. BC has an API and modding is encouraged while RP2 has no API yet and modding has to be allowed by Eloraam (TC2, WRBCE). You could argue that not allowing free access to RP2 while benefiting from free access to other mods shows double standards but I don't think it follows that benefiting from openness means you have to be completely open too.

Just so you know where I stand I'd like to see more open modding for RP2 but really don't understand all the vitriol.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3154 on: October 19, 2012, 05:02:25 am »

I must be dense but I don't really see how adding a feature to the mod, which was planned for a long time, after stopping immibis from providing a mod with the same feature is hypocritical. BC has an API and modding is encouraged while RP2 has no API yet and modding has to be allowed by Eloraam (TC2, WRBCE). You could argue that not allowing free access to RP2 while benefiting from free access to other mods shows double standards but I don't think it follows that benefiting from openness means you have to be completely open too.

Just so you know where I stand I'd like to see more open modding for RP2 but really don't understand all the vitriol.
No vitriol from me, I was just trying to explain DrPoo's statement. Personally I don't care what she does with her mod, so long as she gets a move on updating it for 1.3.x

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3155 on: October 19, 2012, 08:55:57 am »

DrPoo just seems to really hate Eloraam for some reason. He starts insulting her every time she's mentioned.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: October 19, 2012, 09:16:39 am »

Remember, we are talking about the minecraft community. Many people place it right after /b/ (note many people, i haven't been to 4chan nor /b/). The mods are shitty and the admins sold out.
Most people on there think they're funny but aren't, mainly because they are 12 years old.
12 years old is, I think, the upper bound.

At some point the game became incredibly popular with the wrong crowd. Before that happend the community was pretty ok, but then it turned into crap at superluminal speeds.

I was a mod on those forums!

It was always this terrible, just in different ways. Back then we didn't really have modding. We primarily made fools of ourselves over servers and slander of said servers. Any time I could knock down a few-dozen reports of interpersonal hissy fits that always has some drawn out story was welcome. There always seemed to be a bias towards owners of things, so you could not really say negative things about a server in their thread.
In the past we had that herobrine bullshit. I only really hung out around Minecraft Alpha: survival.
Seemed like a nice enough place, except for the occasional "GUISE CHEK OUT MAI SERVER!" and "UMFG I SAW LIEK DIZ THING WITH LIEK NO AIZ!".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: October 19, 2012, 02:49:40 pm »

DrPoo just seems to really hate Eloraam for some reason. He starts insulting her every time she's mentioned.

I fucking love her mod. But i have a hard time getting over what she did.
Im happy im not her boyfriend, seriously, imagine that.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3158 on: October 19, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »

I fucking love her mod. But i have a hard time getting over what she did.
Im happy im not her boyfriend, seriously, imagine that.
From what I understand, she's not really into boys.

So no danger there.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: October 19, 2012, 03:23:03 pm »

Hen girlfriend.
It would be like "Lets go to starbucks!"
"That was already in my plans, its over."
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: October 19, 2012, 03:34:28 pm »

Hen girlfriend.
It would be like "Lets go to starbucks!"
"That was already in my plans, its over."
This made me laugh more than it should.
Maybe because I know some people who actually get really indignant if you fail to be psychic and predict their every move. So they get upset quite a lot. Because as far as I know, nobody in my social circles are psychic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: October 19, 2012, 04:04:17 pm »

Because as far as I know, nobody in my social circles are psychic.
That's just what they WANT you to think!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: October 19, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »

If I could poke into this for a moment, Iceball and i set up a modded server thing yesterday after the host from client mod he was trying didn't work, and its a bit hard to try to play the game when someone is asking you things every five seconds today, so i thought I'd see if anyone here was interested. Theres a list of what its using here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: October 20, 2012, 01:55:50 pm »

I realized something that would be super useful, would be a portable water/fuel tank.

Instead of having 30 buckets of oil or fuel in your inventory, have a thingy that holds as much water as one of those Buildcraft tank blocks. Maybe lava too... maybe not. But it only works to load and unload from tanks. Or even a special kind of machine block.

I wonder how hard it would be to mod? BC after all is open source...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3164 on: October 20, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »

Railcraft has a tank cart, Redpower frames should be able to move tanks too.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 326