Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975200 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #3030 on: October 04, 2012, 10:42:31 am »

started playing TFCraft again.

started in a valley with no exit, and swarms of bears.

and if you have played it, you know how long it takes to dig dirt with a bare hand.
one rock, no trees.
restarted.
note to self: do not use the seed 'terra firma'
I take that challenge...!!!
Side note, have not seen a single bear in my games of late. T_T

Edit:: Which version are you on? I loaded it up on the 52e and it was a Kickarse Mountain Range which looked wonderful...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:46:33 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 04, 2012, 10:50:49 am »

I think me and a friend are going to try a private terrafirma server.  Will likely post hilarity as it occurs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:14 am »

TFC was designed with SMP in mind. This is unfortunate as I prefer playing singleplayer with mods and the game is sorta broken for singleplayer users at the moment. The funny thing is that the developers wanted to know how populated TFC servers are so they released a poll asking how people played, single, servers with small groups of people and servers with large groups of people.

Solo beat small groups by a pretty decent amount. Small servers beat medium servers by a very significant amount.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3033 on: October 04, 2012, 11:09:39 am »

actually, would anyone be willing to set up a small TFCraft server? (preferably without hamachi. it hates me)

I would, but my internet can support one person using it. any more and lag abounds.
I had one. I took it down because nobody logged in for a month.

Then someone asked that I put it back up, but they never logged in.

I can put it up if you like...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3034 on: October 04, 2012, 11:11:02 am »

Psh. you guys with your servers and multiplayer.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3035 on: October 04, 2012, 11:14:59 am »

Psh. you guys with your servers and multiplayer.
envious of our social lives, are we? :P
I'll put it back up again tonight and make sure the IP is correct.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:04 am »

<.<
>.>
Envious of your legitimate accounts is what :-[
My cabbages!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 04, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

Yup. I use a friend's account to play. I'm basically worse than if Hitler and Stalin had a baby who was raised by Mussolini and Pol Pot.
My cabbages!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: October 04, 2012, 11:34:00 am »

I need a friend with TFC, I think.

one friend has minecraft, and he doesn't like TFC.
If you could host a server, i would love to play with you.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3039 on: October 04, 2012, 11:34:40 am »

I find large servers with good populations tends to die off in the time between when a new version is confirmed and when it finally appears, more so if mods are involved. Then again that is just the an outside force that causes the event known as "waiting for the new map". Whenever a server's admin structure says they intend to start a new map if they don't do it right then they will lose people while they wait because people can't be bothered to mine nor craft stuff when it will just disappear. Even when they can bring stuff from the old world to the new people tend to go away as collecting is all good but the building is what keeps a lot of people on a server.
   Small servers, especially if its for instance used by friends that live near each other tends to survive this a little better but if the small server is a collection of random people it will tend towards just dieing when a new map is announced. Of course since it is a small group there is a good chance that with the new map a lot of the people who left find there way back to it so the time in between the two can be seen as more of a rest period or something.
   Single player while not a server is still somewhat applicable with this. For instance I have basically stopped actually playing survival recently because I am waiting for mods to update. The force behind the feeling of loss that comes from realizing everything you do will matter not a bit is extremely strong at the points between versions. This is even more true for single player in some case as a server may be able to bring structures from the old world but that ability is not that well spread through the single players.

EDIT: of note if someone doesn't plan to update I excluded them from this defining but basically servers will slowly lose people as they update though single player could last forever.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:40:21 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: October 04, 2012, 11:38:34 am »

Yeah, that always happens. If it is announced that all your shit will dissapear people leave en masse. PS2, character wipe coming up. Activity drops instantly.
A server needs to stay as active as possible, there needs to be somebody nagging other people to come on.
A server with friends will stay active for a long time. I once hosted a small server on my computer for my friends, just vanilla. Everybody was admin, creative did not exist. We had /i and /magiccarpet and //. Damn those were good times. We built lodas of shit.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: October 04, 2012, 11:39:11 am »

I've never been bothered by "Everything I've done meaning nothing"
I tend to start new worlds all the time, just deleting and leaving behind vast creations, because, for me; the fun isn't in building shit, the fun is in starting with nothing and conquering your world. Yeah, a machine that serves up any item I could ever want is fun, but why do I want items when there's nothing left to do in the world? So I delete that world, start a new one, and do it all over.
My cabbages!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3042 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:28 am »

Thats fine and all but with a server the feel is a little different. Plus you have to include in the fact that some mods require a lot of setup like IC2 basically needing so many low level machines and a stand of rubber trees just to get rolling. Combine the 2 and you end up with dead servers because while people might not mind a new world or even want it, waiting is always the hardest part.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: October 04, 2012, 11:59:04 am »

That's what I don't get. If you know you're going to lose everything, have a bit of fun with what you have. See how many nukes your base can withstand, build a giant self replicating statue, make a frame quarry that disassembles your base and moves it one block to the left before rebuilding it. Use the fact that you're going to lose it all to do things that you'd never have dreamed of doing before.
My cabbages!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: October 04, 2012, 12:09:51 pm »

I approve of the nuke idea, mainly. Explosions guarantee (!!)fun(!!) times.

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 326