Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 975362 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2940 on: September 17, 2012, 08:48:57 am »

I really don't get how people struggle with installing mods. It strikes me as being incredibly lazy instead of not knowing how
Thanks a lot mate. You just insulted a bunch of people, including me.
You really shouldn't feel insulted, he just said you seem lazy. And to be honest, you DO seem lazy. Rather than figuring out how to mod the game or even how to download the mods, you posted a 'woe is me, too bad I will never be able to play'. Its laziness, pure and simple. There are dozens of tutorials on modding this game, and you have an entire community of people here willing to help, but you can't even be assed to ask for help, much less figure some shit out for yourself. Nobody held my hand when I started learning this.

So... really, stop feeling insulted. All he said was the truth, that you come off as incredibly lazy. Its not a bad thing, you're just lazy. If you don't want to seem lazy, stop being lazy. He didn't call you stupid, he didn't insult your parentage, he just made an observation about your behavior.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: September 17, 2012, 08:56:09 am »

Dozens of tutorials That do not work. I'm not going woe is me because I'm too lazy. Im going woes is me because after seemingly an hour's work nothing works. And, hey, guess what, I was assed to ask for help. And I got a bunch of responses along the lines of 'If you can't figure it out you don't deserve to play Minecraft.' ( Not from here) Plenty of people struggle with it. They're not lazy. Sure, one mod may be so blindingly easy to install, but I just can't seem to do it no matter what advice I follow.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: September 17, 2012, 08:56:20 am »

It just isn't hard to mod Minecraft.

Download the latest version of forge, stick it in minecraft.jar
Run Minecraft
Download NEI and the other required file (codechickencore or whatever its called). Follow the instructions on how to install that, I think it's stick the NEI stuff in the .jar and the codechickencore files into the mods folder which has now been created
Download the mods you want to use
Put them in the mod folder one at a time, each time you add one in, open minecraft and use NEI to dump a .txt file saying which block IDs aren't in use. If you have any conflicts, use this to assign the IDs in the config files.

If you're doing the standard Forestry/RP2/IC2 make sure you turn off Tin and Copper generation in the config files for two of them. It's a pain otherwise.

Easy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2943 on: September 17, 2012, 08:57:51 am »

Or hell, if you don't understand it all just grab MultiMC. It does 90% of the hard stuff for you. All you have to clear up are the ocassional block ID errors.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: September 17, 2012, 09:02:59 am »

Also the Forestry link on the wiki here:

http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki/index.php?n=Main.Downloads

Doesn't even use mediafire..

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: September 17, 2012, 09:03:36 am »

Thank you.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 17, 2012, 06:00:03 pm »

I build a Redpower Insta-Garden and hooked it to the Energy Condenser that my quarry dumps stone into. So now I have a love triangle between Redpower, Equivalent Exchange, and Buildcraft that's sure to end well. Also, my quarry found a large deposit of lava, so I had to upgrade my storage a little.

My current base.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2947 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:04 pm »

I build a Redpower Insta-Garden and hooked it to the Energy Condenser that my quarry dumps stone into. So now I have a love triangle between Redpower, Equivalent Exchange, and Buildcraft that's sure to end well. Also, my quarry found a large deposit of lava, so I had to upgrade my storage a little.

My current base.
So much ugly cobblestone! You have Equivalent exchange, for the love of god use something other than cobblestone! 1 cobble = 1 smoothstone or 1 stone brick or marble or basalt... no excuse!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:48 pm »

And you can use a philosopher's stone to mass transmute a bunch into stone at once (fully charge, right click cobblestone)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: September 17, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »

Am I the only one who likes cobblestone?
Anyone else?
It's like wherever I go, I get told to build things from smoothstone instead, even when I think the cobble looks nicer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2950 on: September 17, 2012, 06:25:17 pm »

Anyone else?
It's like wherever I go, I get told to build things from smoothstone instead, even when I think the cobble looks nicer.
I think its just because the default texture is so ugly to me. When I use a nice texture pack I don't mind so much.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: September 17, 2012, 06:37:39 pm »

Anyone else?
I think its just because the default texture is so ugly to me. When I use a nice texture pack I don't mind so much.
I like the default texture.
It makes things look... textured. I can't think of a better word.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: September 17, 2012, 09:00:49 pm »

To me, using smoothstone for building isn't even an option. Any block that you can't pick up and place again is not fit for construction IMO (since it reverts to cobble, then again it's the whole chore of making more smoothstone, unless you want to waste Silk Touch), and Endermen just LOVE to pick those blocks. And if you happen to be next to a mountain, congrats, now your house looks made of mountain.

I'd rather use stone bricks. But they're so... gray.

We seriously need a mod that adds a single block ID with thousands of different textures to choose from.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: September 18, 2012, 04:00:03 am »

I should post some photo of my mastaba built with honestly dug sandstone... as soon as I get home.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: September 18, 2012, 04:07:41 am »

I love cobble.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 326