Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976084 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2565 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14:00 pm »

So this is kind of cool. I mean, I know zeppelin mod is pretty cool but when it's combined with a couple of other mods it can become more or less the most amazing explosion factories and architectural death machines in Minecraft.
This guy makes some pretty sweet cannons and battleships. Looking at the way he's set it up reminds me a bit of Aurora's system too, he creates the cannons with names categorising their layout and power etc, and the whole thing seems conveniently modular.
I like it.

If only all of these mods were in SMP.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 23, 2012, 08:33:25 pm »

Oh man that sounds sweet. So something like water near magma/fire/furnace/other "heat generator"  boils and trys to force itself elsewhere, through pipes if necessary, pipes can be attached to pistons/valves/turbines, turbines work like Thaumcraft Thaumic generators to power machinery?

Or something even more awesome? This sounds exactly like my kind of mod.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 23, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »

Oh man that sounds sweet. So something like water near magma/fire/furnace/other "heat generator"  boils and trys to force itself elsewhere, through pipes if necessary, pipes can be attached to pistons/valves/turbines,
All correct. Pipes will heat up and slowly start to glow red if the transported water and/or steam is too hot, and if the combination of pressure, temperature and pipe decay is too large, they will explode and leave behind a twisted, broken pipe section slowly rusting away. Pipe decay speed is dependent on the pipe material (copper, bronze, iron, steel and anything else I'll add) and will make the pipe look rusty. There will be both hydraulic and pneumatic pistons. The valve system is complex, but easily understandable.

turbines work like Thaumcraft Thaumic generators to power machinery?
Nope. You'll transform the energy from the turbines and pistons to mechanical power, and transmit it over gears, axles and belts to any kind of machinery you wish to power. Naturally, the native machines won't work like IC2 machines or stuff, and they won't just do stuff magically if you put stuff into them and give them power. For example, if you wish to operate a steam hammer, you will first have to build a working setup manually out of smaller parts, and then find a way to make the steam hammer move correctly using the gears you have access to. There will be transformer setups to and from BC/IC/RP energy, but the energy levels generated by this mod are insanely high, so I might add in a significant amount of conversion loss.

Or something even more awesome? This sounds exactly like my kind of mod.
All constructions will have to be fixed to structural support beams, larger mechanical elements will have to be cast in molds and moved by cranes, there will be sheet metal production lines, gigantic furnaces, and lots of other awesome stuff which I've yet to come up with. My ultimate goal would be to get all the stuff moving like the Zeppelin mod, but without the magic: Steampunk trains and steamboats.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 23, 2012, 09:53:48 pm »

I think I just fell in love...

...Maybe not, but this is exactly what I wished other technical mods did. Made machines big and modular, doing as much in-world as possible and as little with the "furnace interface cubes" as possible.

My factories NEED giant steam pistons and racks of material flying by overhead! They need cauldrons of molten metal suspended from the ceiling and hissing valves on the walls!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 23, 2012, 10:20:23 pm »

GOOD GOD.

Please tell me I can put a crane on a blimp.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 23, 2012, 10:24:53 pm »

Ladies, please, hold your excitement for screenshots.

You're worse than Notch when it comes to overhyping things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 23, 2012, 10:33:57 pm »

Spoilsport.  :P

Anyway, cactus farm + generator = amazing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: August 24, 2012, 03:31:20 am »

Watch out with converting RP2 energy. Elooram raged on a ic2 addon that transformed ic2 energy into blutricity and back.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2573 on: August 24, 2012, 05:12:56 am »

Watch out with converting RP2 energy. Elooram raged on a ic2 addon that transformed ic2 energy into blutricity and back.
Eloraam rages on anything that deconstructs her code apparently to do any kind of hooking into her mod. If i didn't like frames and microblocks so much I wouldn't use redpower at all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 24, 2012, 05:18:23 am »

And if Buildcraft were to be recoded so its less buggy.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2575 on: August 24, 2012, 05:27:05 am »

And if Buildcraft were to be recoded so its less buggy.
That's what they're currently doing with Buildcraft version 3... though what bugs are you referring to? I'm not aware of any major/crippling bugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 24, 2012, 05:29:28 am »

Just general mystcraft incompatibility, really. And i forgot about BC3. Stupid me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2577 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:05 am »

Just general mystcraft incompatibility, really. And i forgot about BC3. Stupid me.
I don't know which mod is responsible for the odd functioning of things in mystcraft worlds but considering it affects IC2 machines sometimes as well I'm blaming mystcraft.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2578 on: August 24, 2012, 05:54:07 am »

I've never seen BC being buggy in Mystcraft.

Redpower's marble generation is what fucks up cave worlds so badly though.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 24, 2012, 05:55:36 am »

I just wish more mods could be compatible with zeppelinmod. Everything is better when it's on a floating continent. Trufax.

Especially oil rigs with IC. So frustrating to have to build the new setup each time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 326