Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976146 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2505 on: August 21, 2012, 09:31:22 pm »

One of my cacti somehow killed a wisp, and dropped it's shell. Yay?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: August 21, 2012, 09:33:34 pm »

Delightful, need stuff other than skulls for forbidden research.

And I do generally have a sort of mob trap with seals outside my doors to harvest whatever may decide to spawn out there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:05 pm »

Those wisp shells are pretty fine to research.  If you ever see something you're not sure of, mouseover it and NEI should tell you the research value - that's for Thaumcraft.  Most things are low, like 2 or 5, but certain rarer drops are more like 20 and 40.

I actually have a lot of luck with a flax farm.  Redpower adds flax, which is grown for string and flax seeds, with string being string, and flax seeds used for certain paint things I didn't figure out yet.  Point is, string has a research value of 2, and a LOT of it drops from flax.  Just toss a stack of 64 string into the researcher, it's 2% success rate but you've got stacks and stacks of the stuff so who cares?  Same applies to wheat, but I generally find uses for wheat, while string can be tossed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: August 21, 2012, 10:40:26 pm »

I actually found some flax seeds while breaking grass. I was wondering what those were for :P
Also, werewolves are a lot easier to kill after they've fallen 25 blocks. Got a golden apple and stone sword off of one, and a stone and iron hoe off a second.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: August 21, 2012, 10:47:17 pm »

I make stacks and stacks of books. Research value of 5 or so. Granted the sum of its parts is 6, but I prefer slightly less supply for slightly higher chances. Less refilling the Q-block, and they are useful as helper items for researching things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: August 22, 2012, 02:52:13 am »

The only (partway reasonable) way I could see to deal with them (besides turning them off) would be automatic defenses (AKA thaumcraft seals or lots of IC 2 tesla coils), or having a (very deep) moat around your house/ highup in the air.

marble bricks are reasonably easy to obtain and ogre resistant (you'll need protection till you get to the seals and stuff)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2511 on: August 22, 2012, 05:18:06 am »

In any case, since I'm playing on Forsaken's server, I'm running my singleplayer with those mods instead, which excludes thaumcraft.
Only because he hasn't yet released an SMP version of the mod. :( I love thaumcraft

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2512 on: August 22, 2012, 05:19:31 am »

Stupid forum glitch caused a double post. Sad panda.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:25:44 am by forsaken1111 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: August 22, 2012, 08:18:52 am »

That's why when/if Thaumcraft goes to the B12 server, first priority will be to make a large airship with a crystal farm of taint crystals and several vis condensers.  It'd be able to fly where it wanted and turn all the vis from the atmosphere into liquid, and then either eradicate it, bottle it, or find some creative use.  Although more than likely all the taint will be stored in reinforced barrels long-term, but then stuffed into regular barrels and hidden underground somewhere, like at the edge of town.  I've never seen an explosion, but I want to.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: August 22, 2012, 10:40:24 am »

I've upgraded to tekkit 3.1.2, now I get phantom players with a [m in the name (like, both LoSboccacc and LoSboccacc[m)

anyone knows why? I've found no trace on their forums or the interwebs

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2515 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:19 am »

The only (partway reasonable) way I could see to deal with them (besides turning them off) would be automatic defenses (AKA thaumcraft seals or lots of IC 2 tesla coils), or having a (very deep) moat around your house/ highup in the air.
If your weapon is good enough, it should be reasonable to bum-rush them head on. I do it all the time, their health isn't complete bullshit like werewolf's mind you, critical hitspamming should do the trick. Or blunderbluss lol. Just gotta be gutsy enough to force them back and run past if they're trying to break your base down. Hiding deeper is kinda a bad idea.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: August 22, 2012, 11:59:51 am »

If your weapon is good enough, it should be reasonable to bum-rush them head on. I do it all the time, their health isn't complete bullshit like werewolf's mind you, critical hitspamming should do the trick. Or blunderbluss lol. Just gotta be gutsy enough to force them back and run past if they're trying to break your base down. Hiding deeper is kinda a bad idea.
Well I am not talking about fighting them which is probably fairly easy (well not EASY, but not complete BS), I am talking about them busting into your house kool-aid man style and destroying half of your machinery before you can get them away from it, or coming back to your "house" and a crater being there instead.

That's why when/if Thaumcraft goes to the B12 server, first priority will be to make a large airship with a crystal farm of taint crystals and several vis condensers.  It'd be able to fly where it wanted and turn all the vis from the atmosphere into liquid, and then either eradicate it, bottle it, or find some creative use.  Although more than likely all the taint will be stored in reinforced barrels long-term, but then stuffed into regular barrels and hidden underground somewhere, like at the edge of town.  I've never seen an explosion, but I want to.
They are pretty tame. They spread a little taint around nearby, and pour all the vis+taint into the atmosphere as taint but they aren't super huge deals really since you could easily clean up what they did if you noticed it and the taint level isn't like 5000 (well at least when I played a few versions ago, maybe taint is worse again).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: August 22, 2012, 04:05:14 pm »

Anyone know if a IC2 Generator will take fuel from a chest next to it?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2518 on: August 22, 2012, 04:20:06 pm »

Not natively. No.
My cabbages!