Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976246 times)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2385 on: August 20, 2012, 01:25:58 am »

I think it was actually a bat-horse ("Bathorses are aggressive mob horses found at night, mostly on underground caves." -Mo' Creatures minecraftforum post), and they are aggressive, so I'm glad it was stuck and couldn't knock me to my death.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: August 20, 2012, 01:28:21 am »

Bathorses? Okay then :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: August 20, 2012, 08:28:50 am »

Cannot figure out how to use a cannon, I expect there's some hotkeys involved.
1) Place the cannon on the ground
2) Right click on the cannon with a cannonball, you need gunpowder in your inventory too.
3) Rightclick the cannon to sit on it
4) Spacebar to fire.

Blunderbuss' are good for taking out flying mobs too, like all the birds everywhere, and the Thaumcraft 2 wisps.
*Hugs*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 20, 2012, 09:17:21 am »

you need gunpowder in your inventory too.
Ah-ha!
Blunderbuss' are good for taking out flying mobs too, like all the birds everywhere, and the Thaumcraft 2 wisps.
Really?  Because I'm taking out wisps with my musket.  Takes a bit of careful aim, but I never have a real issue.

Although I've been comparing the costs.  in EE - 192 for gunpowder, 256 for iron, 32 for paper, 4 for gravel.  It costs 480 for musket shot and 228 for blunderbuss shot, or 60 and 28.5 each.  At that rate, it only really becomes "profitable" to hunt cows and zombie pigmen, because cows drop several low-value items like meat and leather, and zombie pigmen can drop gold nuggets.  The blunderbuss becomes even more attractive when you consider that it can hit multiple enemies at once, so a small horde of zombie pigmen can go down pretty quickly and harvest a lot of gold nuggets for not much ammo.  However, the energy collector pro 4, 12, and 40 energy at each tier, per second.  So it pretty much becomes easy to hunt for pleasure without caring about energy expenditure.

Now I just need to figure out how to automate ammo generation from thin air.  It'll probably involve quite a bit of pipes and lowest common denominators.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 20, 2012, 09:25:47 am »

I don't use EE, so there's that :P

Advanced Power Systems has a block grinder that can turn cobblestone into gravel, there's a low chance of things like coal and iron ore, but it's mostly gravel.
That gravel can then be further refined into Flint, which, in the block grinder, has a 3% chance of giving Gunpowder, so even without EE's magic lolammo you can still get blunderbuss shot with incredible ease.

The blunderbuss also has the advantage of being reloaded twice as quick as the musket, which can make all the difference when an Ogre or Creeper is bearing down on you.

Muskets are definitely more attractive if you need to take something down fast, but I'd use blunderbusses much more in the long run.

Cannons are cool because they count as an entity, so they get carried along on frameships/airships. It's pretty fun orbiting around a Necromancer tower reducing it to rubble with your airship mounted cannons.
*Hugs*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 20, 2012, 09:46:25 am »

I was wondering about that, so I may indeed be mounting cannons on my future airship.

I've also been debating how to turn EE energy into IC2 energy.  Namely, there exists "energy collectors" which upgrade fuel when they have light.  There's about a dozen steps, but basically charcoal becomes coal becomes alchemical coal becomes mobius fuel becomes aeternius fuel.  Each of these can be broken to 4 of the former.  So 1 aeternius = 4 mobius = 16 alchemical = 64 coal = 256 charcoal (4 stacks).  Each coal or charcoal produces 4,000 IC2 energy.  If you're splitting it for breeding, then you have 255 usable charcoal and 1 sent back to regrow.  That's 1,020,000 usable IC2 energy per aeternius fuel.

Now, an EE energy collector produces 40 EMC per second, and aeternius is 8,192 - 32 for the charcoal means there's 8,160 energy that needs to be harvested to go directly from charcoal to aeternius.  That's 204 seconds, or 3:24 to produce a stack.  That's a very even 5,000 IC2 energy per second produced from a single Mk3 Energy Collector, although this can also be cut by 1/4 if you choose to burn coal instead of charcoal (255,000 total energy - 1,250 per second).

I believe at these ridiculous numbers, you start outperforming several nuclear power plants.

Although I'm wanting a Nethership.  I've decided that the Nether has had it too nice for too long, and I must do my dwarven duty, and occupy it.  The concept behind the Nethership involves a LOT of resource gathering.  Because of nether ore, it's very possible to produce a LOT of resources via IC2, with each nether ore producing 4 dusts, but this will also consume a lot of energy to run through all the grinding and smelting.  So I'm planning to include an EE->IC2 coal generator, run the airship's machine shop entirely on coal-burning generators, include thermopiles to produce RP2 energy for the frame motors, and instal a few lasers.  Yes.  Lasers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2391 on: August 20, 2012, 09:53:11 am »

You can make a simple EE2 -> IC2 power loop very easily. Place charcoal into energy collectors, pump the coal it becomes into condensers set to split it back into charcoal. Pump 1/4 the charcoal back into the collectors, the other 3/4 into generators for power. Its quick and dirty but it makes lots of power and is easily expandable.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 20, 2012, 10:00:04 am »

How do you plan to split the charcoal though?  How do you tell 1/4 to go one way and 3/4 to go the other?

I've noticed that crafting logistics pipes are a little stupid.  They don't actually care about crafting, they only care if something specific goes through them, and something else specific goes back through them.  Using satellite routing, you can tell it "send 1 coal to this other direction" and it won't care that it's not a legitimate crafting recipe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2393 on: August 20, 2012, 10:08:09 am »

How do you plan to split the charcoal though?  How do you tell 1/4 to go one way and 3/4 to go the other?

I've noticed that crafting logistics pipes are a little stupid.  They don't actually care about crafting, they only care if something specific goes through them, and something else specific goes back through them.  Using satellite routing, you can tell it "send 1 coal to this other direction" and it won't care that it's not a legitimate crafting recipe.
A simple diamond pipe should work if you put 3 charcoal in one color and 1 in another, but you could have two retrievers pulsing at the same time, one pulling 3 and one pulling 1. You could have a normal pipe junction with 4 ways to go and it would distribute the items randomly which would approximate the necessary distribution. You could use logistics pipes to do it by having them set to keep at least X charcoal in each collector and X in each generator, but that would be a more loose setup.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 20, 2012, 10:15:12 am »

Actually, if diamond pipes work like that, then that sounds ideal.  If they don't work quite like that, then I'll be resorting to crafting pipe tricks to split stacks.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:32 am »

If you use Redpower's tubes then you could simply have the input for the converters to be closer to the output than the IC generators, that way it will fill up the converters first and then the generators. You'd have a longer startup time than if you managed to not have that stacking, but after that you get the same rate without the hassle of complicated pipe systems.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 20, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

Cross-posting to forsaken1111's server thread in case anyone wants to play with a rather large and complicated (and nonfunctional due to not enough FORTH knowledge) IC2/RP2/Tubestuff HV-panel factory.
<FORTH code 'n stuff>

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 20, 2012, 01:46:13 pm »

I haven't looked into FORTH yet, but I'm always up to learn, and to dwarf around a bit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2398 on: August 20, 2012, 02:13:41 pm »

I haven't looked into FORTH yet, but I'm always up to learn, and to dwarf around a bit.
You're welcome on the server. If you tell me your minecraft name I'll whitelist you and you can join any time you feel like it

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:08 pm »

You're welcome on the server. If you tell me your minecraft name I'll whitelist you and you can join any time you feel like it

I want girlinhat on the server. I bet she instantly outgrows forsakens corp.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 326