Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976434 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2190 on: August 08, 2012, 06:04:20 pm »

I'd LOVE to build nuclear reactors Buildcraft-furnace-style.
Dammit, I want to make a realistic minecraft mod ;(

I searched this because I don't remember Buildcraft getting furnaces. It still doesn't, so I'm trying to understand what you are trying to convey here. You mean better pipe integration for inputs/outputs? So one could pump in water directly instead of just surrounding a reactor with it? Those sorts of interactions? Could be cool, but it doesn't justify the horrific term of 'realism'.

(Microblocks are nice for little details, but I'm never gonna lay down a floor with 'em or make a thin wall with the things)
Maybe he meant railcraft furnaces which are built in-world rather than crafted?
A buncha mods seem to have the same concept of large multi-block furnace devices, like Railcraft and Terrafirmacraft. It's a shame that I've only seen Powercraft use it with other machines like its fishing machine. Would like to see other mods have funky machine designs for these things.
Railcraft macro machines include the coke oven, blast furnace, rock crusher and the tanks, although they're not in the current builds, they're in the betas.
*Hugs*

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 08, 2012, 06:30:34 pm »

I'd LOVE to build nuclear reactors Buildcraft-furnace-style.
Dammit, I want to make a realistic minecraft mod ;(

You already can, sorta... Make a reactor that requires active cooling via buckets or ice blocks, delivered via a piping system like bc or rp. The ice can be made with snow and an IC compressor.

It would be sorta realistic since that's what actually makes up most of a nuclear plant. The actual reactor is in a densely packed and shielded space. Except real life nukes use an external turbine for the actual electricity generation.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2192 on: August 08, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

It would be nice if IC2 reactors were redone to produce only heat, that heat used to run a turbine or boiler as in real life.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 08, 2012, 07:38:26 pm »

'As in real life' is not really a valid suggestion.

Make the reactor system more engaging? Valid reason. Although we would have yet another pipe system to deal with for steam.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 08, 2012, 07:39:03 pm »

Maybe reactors could be used in conjunction with watermills. They (watermills) already produce rather anemic amounts of EU, so I wouldn't mind seeing another use for them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 08, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »

I remember there was one iteration of nuclear reactors where people would keep it redlining and generating lava for geothermals via mining wells. I'd like to see cool weird systems like that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2196 on: August 09, 2012, 06:01:01 am »

This would appear to be what you're looking for.
Thanks for pointing that out! Hopefully it gets 1.3.1 update.

Wow this thread gets a lot of posts! O.o
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2197 on: August 09, 2012, 06:57:56 am »

Wow this thread gets a lot of posts! O.o
Yeah, tMoM's threads have a penchant for that.  :P
Thinking about it, it'd be kinda awesome if the Custom Stuff Mod creator threw in the IC2 api in there as to allow machine based custom interactions and etc without having to know java.
Now if only such a thing wouldn't make Alblabla and consequently a substantial section of his fanbase to get all cranky on the matter. Entitlement and yada yada.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2198 on: August 09, 2012, 09:54:58 am »

Recently re-addicted to this. Damn you Technic!

These are quarry machines.

Redstone Stick-thing + Coal + Steam Engine + Quarry Machine = Automated BIG-HOLE-IN-EARTH digging machine. Transports digged blocks into a chest.
I personally prefer the RP frames custom quarries. Much more deep and complex and customizable and difficult and stuff, worth it if you wanna spend a substantial amount of time not playing just to come up with a working plan lol. I have a fuzzy plan of a smallish under lava submarine that conserves lava by deploying empty buckets forward and those filled lava buckets backwards just for the heck of it.
Too bad lava is opaque though, though i could consider making a moving ground-submarine using block breakers and deployers by that same mechanic too. I still won't be able to see anything though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2199 on: August 09, 2012, 09:58:43 am »

Recently re-addicted to this. Damn you Technic!

These are quarry machines.

Redstone Stick-thing + Coal + Steam Engine + Quarry Machine = Automated BIG-HOLE-IN-EARTH digging machine. Transports digged blocks into a chest.
I personally prefer the RP frames custom quarries. Much more deep and complex and customizable and difficult and stuff, worth it if you wanna spend a substantial amount of time not playing just to come up with a working plan lol. I have a fuzzy plan of a smallish under lava submarine that conserves lava by deploying empty buckets forward and those filled lava buckets backwards just for the heck of it.
Too bad lava is opaque though, though i could consider making a moving ground-submarine using block breakers and deployers by that same mechanic too. I still won't be able to see anything though.
The groundsub is a cool idea, like a tunnel bore which drops the dirt and such again. Will it double as a mining machine by autosmelting any ore you happen to hit and dropping it in an enderchest back to your HQ?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2200 on: August 09, 2012, 10:01:47 am »

The groundsub is a cool idea, like a tunnel bore which drops the dirt and such again. Will it double as a mining machine by autosmelting any ore you happen to hit and dropping it in an enderchest back to your HQ?
It's all in concept now, though I'll probably sort it out from the rest of the stone (have several stacks preloaded so I don't leave ugly empty areas), send it back to hq before processing, and have the macerator back at home take care of it, with special help of some pipe systems and the railcraft world anchor.
The biggest problem would be having the thing able to turn around/move back without rebuilding it though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2201 on: August 09, 2012, 10:03:05 am »

You'd need onboard furnaces to make the cobble back into smoothstone if you don't want to leave a cobbletrail.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 09, 2012, 10:24:11 am »

Trains and Zeppelins mod added to OP.
*Hugs*

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2203 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:16 am »

You'd need onboard furnaces to make the cobble back into smoothstone if you don't want to leave a cobbletrail.
Hmm, I'd think a cobbletrail should be acceptable, so long as the way is blocked out. It'd make kinda sense seeing how I'm breaking up the earth and leaving it behind, right?
Trains and Zeppelins mod added to OP.
Maybe Airships and sky pirates too?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 09, 2012, 10:48:50 am »

You should probably include Optifine in the OP as well. Squeezing out a few extra FPS is never a bad thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 326