Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976842 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1710 on: July 07, 2012, 08:19:45 am »

Sadly I don't think there is any Tekkit server with EE2 enabled that isn't private and yet good.
That's a shame. He was running his own private server but his PC couldn't handle it. Cheers anyway.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 07, 2012, 08:24:43 am »

Mh, convince him that EE2 is OP.
There's probably a reason that there are no good servers when everybody has everything.
Mayby it'll change with EE3

Anyway, scout, please join our server D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1712 on: July 07, 2012, 08:26:32 am »

What does the slot in the electrical engine do? I know one is for batteries to catch excess energy, but what is the middle one for?
Its for circuit boards. Check out direwolf 20's forestry spotlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHZAzKwATg&

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 07, 2012, 08:37:57 am »

Mh, convince him that EE2 is OP.
There's probably a reason that there are no good servers when everybody has everything.
Mayby it'll change with EE3

Anyway, scout, please join our server D:
He knows I think it's OP and why but there are a few of the tools he says he can't live without. I don't mean to be too critical of him but he's spoiled himself somewhat and now can't stomach normal mining and such.

What changes will there be in EE3? Oh and is anyone up to date with the TC3 news, all I know is that he is planning?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1714 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

When he first goes mining with a lappack on his back and a mining laser set to explosive in his hand he'll forget all about EE.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 07, 2012, 12:00:05 pm »

Yeah, IC2 makes you feel like the terminator/predator.
I'm constantly divebombing creepers with my nano-saber.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1716 on: July 07, 2012, 02:23:58 pm »

Mining laser is innocent and not OP at all compared to the kind of things you can do with EE2. Anyway what EE3 is supposed to do, and this is from the modder himself (via Direwolfs server play where he is basically playing with a lot of mods and all of their modders though not EE3 cause its not ready), is make it balanced instead of so OP even at some of its lower tiers. EE3 should be alright for server play though it is not far enough along yet for public testing yet.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 07, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »

I've never really toyed with the mining laser having only used IC2 on servers with it disabled. Same with the jetpack. I have played with nano-sabers (why is it saber when you have glass fibre?) and nano armour which I'd say was pretty OP; Mobs and lava really should be dangerous.

The most OP thing about EE2 from what I know is the collectors. It's fair enough that they cost a lot but once you start making them only house rules can stop them being OP. Will EE3 be doing something about this perhaps? I suppose you can do similar in TC2 with duplicators and a bit of piping but, in my limited experience, I've never got a system as efficient as the collector arrays.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 07, 2012, 06:15:46 pm »

Same with the jetpack. I have played with nano-sabers (why is it saber when you have glass fibre?) and nano armour which I'd say was pretty OP; Mobs and lava really should be dangerous.

Why would they disable the jetpack? It also gives a fairly good reason to NOT wear Nano/Quantum bodyarmor which provides a significant portion of damage absorption; enough to make creepers, at least, fairly dangerous.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 07, 2012, 06:22:46 pm »

Seems the newer versions of Terrafirmacraft have some oddities to them. Like a land of endless Chist and Mudstone, ores seeming to be a lot rarer(Three shafts down to 64 height, prospectors pick has never shown anything of interest anywhere) and quite a bit more unstable.

I just seem to be getting a lot more unlucky with the map generation with this mod nowadays.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 07, 2012, 07:36:46 pm »

Same with the jetpack. I have played with nano-sabers (why is it saber when you have glass fibre?) and nano armour which I'd say was pretty OP; Mobs and lava really should be dangerous.

Why would they disable the jetpack? It also gives a fairly good reason to NOT wear Nano/Quantum bodyarmor which provides a significant portion of damage absorption; enough to make creepers, at least, fairly dangerous.
On the server I'm on right now I assume it's to stop people flying over each other's walls. It's got strict rules for raiding other peoples bases. It's either that or perhaps because of the anti-fly plugin; Before they disabled quantum armour it would mistake jumping with that for flying and teleport you to the ground.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 07, 2012, 10:52:29 pm »

I just realized I can use a Zeppelin controller to make a sort of crane to move all the IC2 rubbertrees to my home. And as long as the rubbery parts aren't connected I can even rotate them the way I want (for some reason pistons don't seem to move them anymore, probably a change Alfalfa made on purpose)

EDIT: Correction, moving works, rotating doesn't. The facing just stays the same even if it changes during moving.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:36:53 pm by Sergius »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1722 on: July 07, 2012, 11:09:47 pm »

In EE2 the endgame armor is god mode. Sure quantum can do this but you need to recharge the armor every once in a while. Also each piece of armor has an ability which is free to use include a explosion centered on yourself and calling down lightning. As for tools it has a lot of balance breakers such as the talisman that when put in a alch chest autorepairs everything in it for free and that is one of the lower tier items.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 09, 2012, 07:59:40 am »

NEI doesnt play nice with mystcraft...

*Linkbook spawner*

It only crashes tough, dissapointment.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1724 on: July 09, 2012, 08:10:32 am »

NEI doesnt play nice with mystcraft...

*Linkbook spawner*

It only crashes tough, dissapointment.
yeah linkbooks must be crafted normally because of the metadata which links it with a dimension and location/orientation.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 326