Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976633 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1305 on: May 31, 2012, 09:26:37 am »

Got inspired by an automatic chicken farm posted in the RP2 thread and decided I could make my own but simpler.

You have a 3x3x9 chamber. The floor is made of ignighters with a transposer in the middle. Up high in the wall there is a deployer. Both the deployer and the transposer are connected to a timer and pulse regularly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It counts all eggs into a chest. When the counter equals 144 (enough to fill a deployer) it:
  • Resets itself.
  • Sends a pulse to the ignighters to kill the chickens.
  • Sends a pulse to the filter pulling a single stack of eggs from the chest.
Then each stack of eggs passes through another counter which sends a signal telling the filter to pull another stack until the chest is empty. The eggs end up back in the deployer ready for the cycle to repeat.

Fake edit: The pulse former is also unnecessary.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1306 on: May 31, 2012, 11:20:58 am »

I've never had a single Age that crashed or failed to load with Redpower. What happens is, once it's generated and I spawn there, it becomes absurdly laggy, so I hit the ESC key once, wait for the menu to open (at this point it's still pretty laggy) then I try repeatedly to hit the Exit button. Eventually it works (can take several minutes and tries), but once the game is reloaded everything's hunka-dory.
If it's crashing and corrupting things, that sounds like it might be a different problem. But who knows. Like Sergius, I've never had a complete crash. Maybe 1 in 10 ages is really laggy, and a restart doesn't fix it for me, so I just always make sure i have a linking book on my hotbar and I can usually get out of it in a few minutes. That book then goes into a specially marked chest for storage.

I can understand though, if you're having routine crashes and corruption of data. I just don't understand why it would be happening.
   You are both getting lucky then. Having Mystcraft and Redpower cause the problems talked about quite often and is a known issue. Because of something Redpower puts into the world generation certain terrain types can and quite often does cause terrain generation to go out of control and lags enough to crash the game. If you listen to Direwolf's lets play's he just recently talked about it himself and he is in communication with the mod makers so I consider him a good source of info, he even did like I do and just before traveling to a new place saved his inventory with NEI in-case it crashes him and puts him back at spawn with nothing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:24:27 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1307 on: May 31, 2012, 11:28:53 am »

I've never had a single Age that crashed or failed to load with Redpower. What happens is, once it's generated and I spawn there, it becomes absurdly laggy, so I hit the ESC key once, wait for the menu to open (at this point it's still pretty laggy) then I try repeatedly to hit the Exit button. Eventually it works (can take several minutes and tries), but once the game is reloaded everything's hunka-dory.
See, if I do that and exit the game, when I load back in I am at the world spawn in the overworld with nothing in my inventory.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 31, 2012, 12:20:50 pm »

I would just like to say first that DireWolf is not using an enderchest for his sorting chest, that was just something I was going to do.
Yes he is, he just didn't change it until the quarry was mostly done.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1309 on: May 31, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

Huh, I must have missed it when he changed to it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 31, 2012, 01:12:46 pm »

Got to admit I'm a little concerned with the proposed changes to Ender Storage. Having only 16 private ender chests is fine but having only the creator of the chest able to even right click to open it worries me. A lot of servers limit the number of lockable chests and would likely not increase it by 16 for this mod. It also stops groups from all using the same chest system in their base.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 02, 2012, 01:42:37 pm »

I'm making a note here, since this is probably the place that'll generate the most notice.

As of this post, he's put up a Tekkit server for great !!SCIENCE!!. We can't make an announcement in DFC Steam group(no admins that either of us are friends with online) so...forums.

Hope to see AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE there.

EDIT: I  accidentally posted too early! waaaah. Please don't murder me. Anyway, keep an eye on this I'll edit again when it's actually up.

EDIT2: Alternatively, someone post something so I don't feel guilty about double posting.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:11:14 pm by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 02, 2012, 02:11:58 pm »

Who be he?
*Hugs*

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 02, 2012, 02:12:58 pm »

I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 02, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »

What, ye?
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1315 on: June 02, 2012, 02:14:13 pm »

GET YE FLASK

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 02, 2012, 02:15:05 pm »

You cannot get ye flsk. You can, on the other hand,  get ye other thing I made a joke about that I can't remember. Possibly cannon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 02, 2012, 02:16:15 pm »

Hehe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 02, 2012, 02:17:52 pm »

GET YE FLASK

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 1 is already occupied by YeFlagon@1362475 when adding YeFlask@18ccfe9
*Hugs*

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 02, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »

But yeah, I am a new guy here. I am irritating Aklyon into doing all kinds of possibly-fun stuff. Like that Survival Games thing that actually was pretty terrible and...well, nothing much else, really. But I did get him to make a Tekkit server for this !!SCIENCE!! of stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 326