Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976544 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 23, 2012, 10:25:39 am »

New Forestry update is pretty snazzy, just installed it, the apiary has a nice new GUI.

*Hugs*

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:42 am »

Still water seems to be working fine for me, and I'd considered a waterbucket based one, but I much prefer having it be totally passive, as of right now, the bank of watermills covers the cost of keeping my 4 advanced machines revved up, which means I no longer lose any energy at night.

Also, I'm pretty sure only obscuring 1 water between two is impossible, as it counts diagonally adjacent water blocks as well, so you're guaranteed to have at least two blocks per generator being covered.
I was thinking of a water feed system powered by logistics pipes that uses 3-5 buckets and just constantly cycles the water in and refills it automatically with a RP2 deployer. I've done something similar before.

When I get home I'll work on both designs and post whatever I come up with.

You probably don't need logistics pipes. It may be cheaper to use filters to color the water and send it to the correct colored windmill.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 23, 2012, 11:32:46 am »

I use 1 retriever, 1 deployer and 1 filter with 6 water mills, 7 pneumatic tubes and a 3x1 infinite pool of water on my saves. Works fine and gives me 6 EU/t. I feed it about 9 buckets so it's always on.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:11 am »

I'd rather not use a design like that myself, although it's much more efficient, I prefer the aesthetic of having a tangle of wires emerging from the ocean.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1204 on: May 23, 2012, 12:13:41 pm »

Still water seems to be working fine for me, and I'd considered a waterbucket based one, but I much prefer having it be totally passive, as of right now, the bank of watermills covers the cost of keeping my 4 advanced machines revved up, which means I no longer lose any energy at night.

Also, I'm pretty sure only obscuring 1 water between two is impossible, as it counts diagonally adjacent water blocks as well, so you're guaranteed to have at least two blocks per generator being covered.
I was thinking of a water feed system powered by logistics pipes that uses 3-5 buckets and just constantly cycles the water in and refills it automatically with a RP2 deployer. I've done something similar before.

When I get home I'll work on both designs and post whatever I come up with.

You probably don't need logistics pipes. It may be cheaper to use filters to color the water and send it to the correct colored windmill.
Logistics pipes would offer more control though.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 23, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »

New Forestry update is pretty snazzy, just installed it, the apiary has a nice new GUI.
As soon as I released my 32x32 Forestry graphics and update appears. Happens all too often :P.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 23, 2012, 02:16:18 pm »

You must harness your ability to make updates happen~

Also, this may be of interest to you.
*Hugs*

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 23, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »

It's of interest to me, thanks MoM.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 23, 2012, 02:31:11 pm »

I am aware of them re-releasing my stuff. Only bit that I have a beef with is:

The texture was made by Vattic, and the modded textures are mostly from PAKAM45T3R

Which is frankly not true. PAKAMA45T3R has submitted a lot (most of the EE2 and a little Forestry stuff) but more again is either my own or by others. Doesn't really matter but I think they should get some mention.

I also notice that it's heavily out of date.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 23, 2012, 02:44:09 pm »

If you want to make your own thread for it, I'd happily sticky it in the texpack board for you.
*Hugs*

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 23, 2012, 07:29:34 pm »

Eloraam likely has something similar, as her ToS specifically prohibits reverse engineering and distribution of her reverse engineered and illegally distributed Minecraft code.
I actually doubt this, since (iirc) she's said she doesn't want to do that until she's stopped making major changes to it (an example of which is the rewrite of logic circuits a version or so ago).

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 24, 2012, 01:39:36 am »

If you want to make your own thread for it, I'd happily sticky it in the texpack board for you.
So you can't just post a thread in there? Oh and you're an admin over there?

I had been holding off making my own all in one Technic texture pack because I only had a few of the mods supported. This is less of an issue now but I think I'll wait until the next version of Technic is out and aim to have all the mods supported for that.

Cheers.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 24, 2012, 01:45:21 am »

Yeah, I'm one of the moderators on the Technic forums, and you can just post in the texture pack board, but having your pack stickied means it'd always be at the very top :P

And that sounds cool, Technic 7/Tekkit 3 shouldn't be too much longer now.
*Hugs*

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:46 am »

A kind offer. I will contact you when I've posted it. Cheers again.

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:28 am »

I remember reading that forestry had some code in it that did not play nice with the technic launcher. Is there some way around that, or was it removed? I'd like to try out forestry, but I like the ease of use of the Technic pack.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 326