Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976358 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1005 on: May 11, 2012, 05:48:51 am »

I got my 14th video up here. I do some more with Thaumcraft and also some EE as I needed to get around to it at some point as its not like I plan to avoid it like the plague, just segregate it from others like a plague victim.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 11, 2012, 06:42:49 am »

Derp derp derp derp.

If anyone else is having issues with throwing things out of your inventory when using mystcraft, it's probably because you're alt+tabbing out while waiting for terrain generation. Tap alt to fix it.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 11, 2012, 07:29:21 am »

Need effective way to lower massive area. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go creative.

You can try industrialcraft's nukes

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1008 on: May 11, 2012, 12:49:30 pm »

He meant lowering a structure intact as he built his mob grinder too tall.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 11, 2012, 12:59:02 pm »

Well, you can just dig below it and remove top floors.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 11, 2012, 01:19:15 pm »

Where do the star fissures spawn in Mystcraft?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1011 on: May 11, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »

The wiki for it says near the spawn. Check your book in the thing that tells what properties and if it has them it should say.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 11, 2012, 01:48:26 pm »

Yeah I spawned, like, two chunks away when I used it.

Unfortunately, they kinda look identical to decay...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 11, 2012, 02:14:32 pm »

Need effective way to lower massive area. Otherwise I'm gonna have to go creative.

Pistons. Lower the structure in 12-block-tall chunks, one layer at a time.

Or use BuildCraft. Make a template of your structure with a Template Drawing Table and put the template in a Builder to build it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:16:46 pm by Mephisto »

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 11, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »

The wiki for it says near the spawn. Check your book in the thing that tells what properties and if it has them it should say.
They can be incredibly rare though; I've genned... 36 ages and still don't have the star fissure symbol.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1015 on: May 11, 2012, 02:20:31 pm »

I have had bad luck at it as well except for one Age. The very first Age I genned had like almost all the symbols on it. Of course it was on my test world so doesn't really do me much good.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 11, 2012, 02:23:14 pm »

On a mod note, Industrialcraft Cropsticks are obscene for sugar cane farming. They grow much quicker than normal sugarcane, and you can get up to 4 from each harvest, which automatically regrows as well.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1017 on: May 11, 2012, 02:31:32 pm »

On a mod note, Industrialcraft Cropsticks are obscene for sugar cane farming. They grow much quicker than normal sugarcane, and you can get up to 4 from each harvest, which automatically regrows as well.
Also I believe that the crop harvest seal from thaumcraft can harvest them.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 11, 2012, 03:10:23 pm »

They can be incredibly rare though; I've genned... 36 ages and still don't have the star fissure symbol.

I've started a new mystcraft game and i'm having trouble getting all the symbols i had on my first game (i decided to start fresh after i disabled "redpower world" to remove volcanoes and such, since it gave me bugged Ages).

For some reason, i'm getting a lot of cave worlds, i still don't have the glowstone symbol, but i found a star fissure once. Oh and it seems that mystcraft is doing weird things with thaumcraft, because i'm getting way too many chests in cave-world lakes. Also my flatlands tend to generate lots of monoliths, or maybe they're just more obvious because of it, dunno.

I can't wait to hit those huge wood tendrils with the axe of stream, although i'm guessing it'll break in one go.

What else... oh yea finding chickens can be a pain in the ass. I think i'll eventually start a farm and breed them but until i get there it's annoying.

Also i'm not a big fan of the checkerboard biomes, i find it ugly and it doesnt make sense to me.

But yea otherwise i'm doing ok, and i can't wait to get started making my own ages and play one mod in each :)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 11, 2012, 03:17:44 pm »

Feathers haven't been a problem for me, since I use mo' creatures. I just carry around some seeds and always go home with at least a few feathers.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 326