Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976319 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #975 on: May 10, 2012, 01:05:23 am »

On one hand, the update is awesome. On the other, it removes most of the reason that I use the Pickaxe of the Core.

While raiding a dungeon I'm guessing came from Better Dungeons, I found that the bottom floor had hundreds and hundreds of bookcases. I took a chop at a few and the room didn't disintegrate so I thought I was safe. While cutting a path to the opposite end, the game decided "Oh, these are made of wood!" and destroyed the entire room. It then proceeded to dump ten stacks of books into my inventory and me in front of a creeper.

My lightning reflexes allowed me to pillar out of harm's way, but it left me without an axe.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #976 on: May 10, 2012, 01:50:50 am »

Just posting to say I tested it and yes, Mystcraft does work with the rest of Dire's mods and is a nice mod to have. From a snow only world, to a checkerboard skylands, and a desert caveworld, all the way to a self made checkerboard skylands caveworld though i think I will avoid the skylands/caveworld combo as is makes my computer cry a little when I first enter them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #977 on: May 10, 2012, 02:49:06 am »

Also for those of you who liked the mods Direwolf uses but want to use Mystcraft there is good news for you. He has now added the mod to his selection and has a new config file ready to get all his mods working together.

Where can I find this? I know of direwolf, but I don't really keep close track of him.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:19 am »

Hack Slash Mine is also a good mod. Though I seem to keep running out of Memory with it... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #979 on: May 10, 2012, 03:06:38 am »

Also for those of you who liked the mods Direwolf uses but want to use Mystcraft there is good news for you. He has now added the mod to his selection and has a new config file ready to get all his mods working together.

Where can I find this? I know of direwolf, but I don't really keep close track of him.
   He has a thread on the Minecraft forums Here where he keeps a list of the mods he is using. There is links to all the mods he is using along with a DL link for a zip with the config files to make the mods he is using all work together and another link for the Mystcraft config file.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 10, 2012, 03:33:29 am »

So I re-enabled betterdungeons and tweaked the config files so it didn't spawn a castles within enderpearl throwing distance of each other, but this is freaking me out.

http://imgur.com/a/yOW35

I promise I'm not pulling anyone's leg, but I stumbled upon a network of 3x3 tunnels running everywhere under my map for at least a thousand blocks in every direction. Apparently betterdungeons screwed with the vanilla mineshaft spawning stuff, because there's track and supports a few blocks below the tunnels.

They line up with chunk boundaries, which may have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:42:01 am by Peewee »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 10, 2012, 03:42:47 am »

Open up your config file.

Locate something like mineshaft_chances. mine_shaft_chances = x

Change that chances into 'chance' <- ignore this if chances is already 'chance', because betterdungeons supposedly updated to fix minor typoes like that.

Set number to 0.

No more tunnels into everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:44:48 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
*Hugs*

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:40 am »

Thanks, New Guy, I apparently had a config file from an older version.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 10, 2012, 07:56:37 am »

http://imgur.com/a/yOW35
Endermen did it.
Organized endermen swarms. 0_0

*fearfully encases self in obsidian and fills it with water*

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: May 10, 2012, 08:27:40 am »

Gah...

java.lang.Exception: No more empty terrain sprite indices left!

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 10, 2012, 08:45:21 am »

... I feel ripped off by betterdungeons. Half an hour after wandering around a pyramid and I find out it's just a loop back to the entrance, which had three possible paths. At least the third path actually led to the boss.
Oh, and there were two 'loot' chests which were completely empty. ಠ_ಠ

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 10, 2012, 08:48:00 am »

Sounds like a fairly typically designed dungeon to me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 10, 2012, 09:00:27 am »

... I feel ripped off by betterdungeons. Half an hour after wandering around a pyramid and I find out it's just a loop back to the entrance, which had three possible paths. At least the third path actually led to the boss.
Kill the boss and it will spawn a loot chest with good stuff up on the surface; assuming of course you mean the obsidian labyrinth dungeon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #989 on: May 10, 2012, 09:06:56 am »

Sounds a lot like the dungeons I design for my D&D game. My villains don't leave their loot out in conveniently marked chests behind some token minions. The last 'dungeon' they raided had 3 false entrances filled with deadly stuff and minor loot to deter or satisfy silly low level adventurers.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 326