Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976315 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #960 on: May 09, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »

I consider this to be acceptable.  It tells a story about how these poor unwitting builders unleashed terrible devastation.

Silverwood itself doesn't do that much; you'll want to build totems.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 09, 2012, 04:48:41 pm »

Ok, time to cut down every silver tree, all my housing, and everything I own, fly far far away, and start over.

And for some reason, my lab, which is underneath a silver tree, had taint in it. Makes no sense.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 09, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

Ok, time to cut down every silver tree, all my housing, and everything I own, fly far far away, and start over.

And for some reason, my lab, which is underneath a silver tree, had taint in it. Makes no sense.

Taint as in tainted aura, or taint as in blocks?

I've seen tainted storage tanks explode a couple times, and taint the blocks immediately surrounding them.  Solution, don't have "natural" blocks immediately around your storage tanks, IE no smooth stone, only cobble or blocks.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #963 on: May 09, 2012, 05:18:42 pm »

Speaking of Thaumcraft later tonight after my video finishes uploading you can see me go crazy with it. I spend the whole episode with the stuff.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 09, 2012, 05:50:15 pm »

Yeah, my computer has 8 gigabytes of physical memory slotted in, but the actual memory being recognized and used is 4.

Oh yeah? Well mine has a whopping 64k!

I love RedPower now. The computers are kind of expensive but so worth it. I dumped 16 diamonds into the fully upgraded system, nine more into a diamond drawplate, and two into the diamond handsaw I needed to even begin any of it. I've got the most expensive light switch ever at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:52:48 pm by Mephisto »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 09, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »

Taint and such work chunk by chunk so something i have been meaning to try is a mix of the crystal farm and seals of dark magic magic in the chunks surrounding the taint chunk. the seal cancels taint and vis out on a 1 for 1 basis. Because you have the crystals constantly making more vis when the area gets low it should be able to continue to cancel the taint out.
Are you sure that's what the seal does? I tried dark, magic, magic, but it doesn't seem to be working.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #966 on: May 09, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »

You would be right I had it backwards. So its actually Dark Magic Magic though just Dark Magic would work if be a little slower.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:58:43 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 09, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »

Tried every combination of M+D seals; nothing. I would bet those were added in the thaumcraft 2.1.3b patch; technic currently uses 2.1.1. Going to update now. :D

Edit: Yep, that did it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:50:46 pm by alway »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #968 on: May 09, 2012, 10:03:37 pm »

The Dark Magic combo is a little slow, same with Dark Magic Magic as well so depending on the severity of the taint you might need more seals to an area. Besides that the setup of some crystals and a seal seems to be keeping the taint in an artificial zone quite well and I doubt you will find a natural area like my specialty artificial one. Its amazing what a crucible with a few stacks of diamond blocks thrown in can do.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:00 pm »

The dark-magic combo is good to set up in your base but near worthless to prevent taint from overrunning a area.
It basically works fast enough to prevent your taint levels from ever getting high enough to produce taint (even if you are dumping tons in from your filter), and assuming you settle in a high aura area, allowing you to produce tons more taint before it makes any kind of difference, and even then, some crystals in your base will stop aura levels from getting too low.

Its double good for crystal farms as well, since they produce crystals faster the lower the aura is in the area.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #970 on: May 09, 2012, 10:25:28 pm »

Its a matter of scale. I have a artifical zone of taint and a seal is keeping the chunks directly around it low and I think that a zone two chunks around it should keep the taint in hand when combined with something to increase the vis in the area.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 09, 2012, 10:50:47 pm »

TFCraft is !!FUN!!

I am trying to do a Dwarven Styled playthrough and already I have had a few Tunnels come down ontop of me. Finally got Granite near Limestone so I should be able to have everything I need, but this is going hard. Trees become a MAJOR need, mainly with having to beat the sticks from the leaves, and the Support Beams...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #972 on: May 09, 2012, 10:55:05 pm »

I have my video up now. I remember someone asking a bit back if there was any lets plays of Thaumcraft and while its not a full lets play one episode devoted almost entirely to the stuff should be good for something right?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 10, 2012, 12:12:26 am »

If you're having massive lag spikes with Thaumcraft 2.1.4 vis conduits, there's a new update out, which fixed the aformentioned lag spikes, at least for me.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #974 on: May 10, 2012, 12:34:41 am »

Cool, new updates are always nice. For those of you woundering what changed heres the log:
Code: [Select]
v2.1.5 (current)
- Added a few odds and ends
- The Hoe of the Mystic now only tills a limited amount of blocks before stopping
- The Axe of the Stream and Elemental Cutter now won't destroy themselves when multi-harvesting
   they will stop once they only have 1 durability remaining.
- The behaviour of shift-harvesting for the elemental tools can now be changed in the config file
- Animated textures should now work properly in higher rez texture packs
- Arcane Furnace receives greater boosts in speed and multismelt-chance from bellows than it used to
- Nitor can now be placed in the world as a light source.
- Numerous minor tweaks and bug-fixes

Also for those of you who liked the mods Direwolf uses but want to use Mystcraft there is good news for you. He has now added the mod to his selection and has a new config file ready to get all his mods working together.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 326