Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 976187 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #840 on: May 06, 2012, 01:52:53 pm »

If you have EE installed you could transmute stuff into sand and drop sand everywhere. :P

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 06, 2012, 01:53:51 pm »

Can deployers deploy water? Put a deployer on one side of your work area and a block breaker on the other, with the deployer deploying water between them.

No mention of RedPower. Forget I said anything.

Similar to the above post, if you have EE installed, I seem to remember (possibly from an older version) that one of the rings evaporates water.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:55:52 pm by Mephisto »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #842 on: May 06, 2012, 02:00:12 pm »

Can deployers deploy water? Put a deployer on one side of your work area and a block breaker on the other, with the deployer deploying water between them.

Similar to the above post, if you have EE installed, I seem to remember (possibly from an older version) that one of the rings evaporates water.
True, the fire ring's projectile dries up water as it passes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #843 on: May 06, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

Yeah, combustion engines aren't an option for that reason.

Hmm... think I'm going to test if I can heat up a combustion engine externally and if it still uses up water.

I've got it! Fill up combustion engine, break it, place it, repeat!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #844 on: May 06, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »

Yeah, combustion engines aren't an option for that reason.

Hmm... think I'm going to test if I can heat up a combustion engine externally and if it still uses up water.

I've got it! Fill up combustion engine, break it, place it, repeat!
Could automate the whole thing by using a redpower block breaker to break a full tank and deployer to place it down again with a timer to wait for it to fill

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #845 on: May 06, 2012, 02:44:40 pm »

Or use it for an endless supply of water cells.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #846 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »

Or use it for an endless supply of water cells.
You can get endless water from a single 2x2 pool...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #847 on: May 06, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »

Yeah, but he might as well get them in a productive manner, such as draining an ocean.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 06, 2012, 03:24:01 pm »

Added Adwarf's pack to the OP.
*Hugs*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #849 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:49 pm »

Could you maybe add Technic pack to the OP?
I'm not sure if it counts, because it's a separate client, but it has many of the mods on the OP, and it also works out-of-the-box. It's perfect for people like me who just can't seem to make things work.
Thanks to adwarf for finding it for me~

One drawback I've found is that you can't make iron golems for some reason o_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 06, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »

Um... sky? Bottom of OP. Pretty hard to miss, unless the image is blocked for you or something.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 06, 2012, 03:58:24 pm »

I got to admit, its pretty funny you missed that.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 06, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

Wait, I have RedPower 2. I'm gonna try that.

Can the deployer accept water from a BC pump? Or do I need a different water sucking method.

Re: The fill/remove combustion engine idea is not bad, as long as it can hold more than a tank.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out the breaker+deployer circuit, worked fine but I didn't realize the pump was so ridiculously slow, even when powered by combustion engines. So that idea is scrapped, now I'm going to start building some sort of underwater mining dome and slowly work my way towards the glowdust tendrils :). It's going to have glass walls and other fun stuff, and I'm probably going to use it as some sort of Mass Transit era and fill it with linking books. I'm going to call it the Nexus station :D.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:44:40 pm by Sergius »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 06, 2012, 04:46:59 pm »

I'm using Redpower2, Buildcraft, Thaumcraft 2 and Mystcraft. Often, it takes a lot to generate a new Myst era, then when it renders it slows to a crawl (like 1 frame per 15 seconds), but I just try my hardest to press ESC and then spam mousebutton the Quit to main menu button, eventually it works, I exit Minecraft, reload, and it's all fine and dandy.

May be a memory thing, my Java is currently capped at 2 GB. Could try to increase it to 3 to see what happens.
I'm using the same as you but without Buildcraft and get the same problem with some Mystcraft eras. One strange era was all jungle but each rubber tree had it's top missing. They were like giant rubber wooden obelisks.

Anyone know how to get Thaumcraft crystals and monoliths to spawn in Mystcraft eras? Some have them, some don't, and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 06, 2012, 05:25:10 pm »

I'm using Redpower2, Buildcraft, Thaumcraft 2 and Mystcraft. Often, it takes a lot to generate a new Myst era, then when it renders it slows to a crawl (like 1 frame per 15 seconds), but I just try my hardest to press ESC and then spam mousebutton the Quit to main menu button, eventually it works, I exit Minecraft, reload, and it's all fine and dandy.

May be a memory thing, my Java is currently capped at 2 GB. Could try to increase it to 3 to see what happens.
I'm using the same as you but without Buildcraft and get the same problem with some Mystcraft eras. One strange era was all jungle but each rubber tree had it's top missing. They were like giant rubber wooden obelisks.

Anyone know how to get Thaumcraft crystals and monoliths to spawn in Mystcraft eras? Some have them, some don't, and I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah my first era was like that. It was also a Caveworld, which I think means it was basically a big chunk of blocks (the spawn was at the TOP, layer 120 or so) which was probably the reason the rubbertrees were chopped.

Caveworld, minus caverns, I guess. But it had a star fissure.

Also, I think Thaumcraft crystals are dependent on underground features. Like, the era has to have Caverns or something. Then it will spawn crystals (not just IN the caverns), someone mentioned that a few pages ago I think?

Also, RE: The water pump thingy, silly me forgot about the FILLER! Now I just need to have some air pocket below where I can plant my landmarks and presto, water gone and a nice stone brick box around the removed area. Ladders seem to be just right for that.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 326